V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Drag Racing
 a drag stip in werbie??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JaxtaaV8
Forever The Sickest Kid

Australia
619 Posts
joined 28 Apr 08

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  17:55:29  Show Profile Send JaxtaaV8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dose anyone no anything about this

My mate went up to Qld 2 weeks ago and talked to victar bray and he told him that this is true

Anymore info

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8839 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  18:12:47  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ok where is "Werbie" ?
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

622 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  11:08:10  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm gonna take a stab at Werribee. But Victar bray has no credibility to the sport, I couldn't even find him in a google search.*

Was it your mate JBB, or just a post you copy&pasted from somewhere else? Cos if you did, I'd run it through a spell check.

As for the rumour, why would VB say somthing like it is confirmed when there doesn't seem to be any land put aside, no announcements from anyone saying they are going to set up another strip in Vic, and no council applications (that I can find) for any building out there?

Vic does need a track that we can see Group1 drags on, but the best bet is that ANDRA and B.Jane patch things up (when hell freezes over)

Mick

*Before I get flamed, I know that it should be Victor Bray, a drag legend.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2557 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  12:42:34  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bludvl

I'm gonna take a stab at Werribee.

There is a drag strip being talked about being built next to the Avalon airport which is just down the road from Werribee.

As with 99.99% of things I hear in motorsport I'll believe it when they actually start building the thing and then 2 years down the track if it's still operating.

It's a shame that Avalon airport is being used by Jetstar cos that runway is 3.5km long and was used by Motor Mag for it's PCoTY high speed stuff for a couple of years until the planes landing got in the way.

I note that Heathcote is up for sale (anyone got a couple of mill to spare??).
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8839 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  13:44:13  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
there is lots of talk in VIC
problem is Gov wont put money into a "New" Track when there is 2 there already. neither run under ANDRA.

a lot or Private money would have to be pumped into a new track to get it off the ground.
but nothing anytime soon.
Victor may have some inside info, but nothing has leaked out thats positive at the moment
Go to Top of Page

JaxtaaV8
Forever The Sickest Kid

Australia
619 Posts
joined 28 Apr 08

Posted - 10 May 2008 :  10:08:48  Show Profile Send JaxtaaV8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nah My Mate is glenn he won a trip to the drags up in qld and had a talk to Victar bray And Yes Its Werribee What Im Talking About

Edited by - JaxtaaV8 on 10 May 2008 11:10:07
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2557 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 13 May 2008 :  13:07:37  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

Stating the obvious there FC.
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8839 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 13 May 2008 :  17:46:44  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by PVDA

quote:

Stating the obvious there FC.

hahaha so very true

but i have a few people that know Dragracing very well. and Vic is a sorry State because of Mr Jane and ANDRA

Maybe if they got rid of the GP some money might be spent on a strip?

Edited by - falcon_cobra on 13 May 2008 17:47:44
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2557 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 13 May 2008 :  18:48:58  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

and Vic is a sorry State because of Mr Jane and ANDRA

Bob Jane was the first to find out how bad the ANDRA Insurance was a few years ago and left him & the extended BJ companies exposed to some very serious legal action after a nasty accident at Calder.

ANDRA was and proably still is very like CAMS and didn't care so Bob pulled the pin on competition drag racing at Calder & AIR as a result. That's the whole story in a few sentences.

As a side story there will be bugger all going on at Calder in July & August as the work to move the race track away from the drag strip is programmed to occur at that time as well as move the concrete walls closer to the strip to make it safer by getting rid of the grass verge.
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

622 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 13 May 2008 :  18:58:38  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's good thing the work waited until after the AMRC to move the drag strip walls, otherwise the radical that crossed the line backwards would have gone into the wall.

Mick

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds.