V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AMRS calendar
 General AMRS
 Wakefield 300 29th/30th November 2008
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B24nsw
Transporter Driver

Australia
3 Posts
joined 08 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  19:21:51  Show Profile Send B24nsw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Wakefield 300 will be back again this year for the final round of the AMRC series for 2008.
In addition to the W300 enduro, Superbikes will be making an appearance along with the return of the Hopwood 100.
The Pirelli GT will also have their 1hr enduro. The prototypes/supersports, Super TT and the Touring Car challenge will also be making an appearance for a series of sprint races.
It is a two day format with an additional practice day available on Friday.
Anyone interested in more info drop a line

Edited by - B24nsw on 02 Jul 2013 12:24:58

laser
Administrator

Australia
17359 Posts
joined 01 Aug 01

Posted - 01 Dec 2008 :  07:24:49  Show Profile  Visit laser's Homepage Send laser a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another fantastic race !!!! I do feel sorry for the Ric Shaw/Anslow and the David Raddatz entries though. Definitely the fastest cars until pit strategies and and other with David's car (specifically the left rear wheel left the car). In the end a pair of Future Tourers took the flag followed by Merrick Malauf and Jack Elsegood in a ute but the shock news was that the first Future Tourer had actually "broken out" of his time setting (basically he went faster then he was allowed to go, as set out in the supp regs) and was penalised 8 laps. This elevated Malauf and Elsegood to second.

Pics available really soon, some video in the next few weeks.

Planning for next year has started already obviously.

V8Central WebMaster - Our motto is If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all

RIP05
_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

B24nsw
Transporter Driver

Australia
3 Posts
joined 08 Jan 08

Posted - 01 Dec 2008 :  21:21:51  Show Profile Send B24nsw a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Footage is no available on youtube. Search skr1967 on youtube.You will then find my youtube site along with the Wakefield 300.

There will be a few changes to the supp reg's which will improve on the race.
I feel they worked well first time around with only a few minor glitches which will be sorted out.

It is a shame the faster guys had a few problems with the pitstops as they both had three to my knowledge instead of the mandatory two which effected their standings. As stated there will be changes for next year. It certainly was a great mix of cars and competitors with numerous people experiencing their first enduro.
There were no accidents involving two cars coming together. That alone makes it a success on my book.

Edited by - B24nsw on 02 Dec 2008 00:10:52
Go to Top of Page

laser
Administrator

Australia
17359 Posts
joined 01 Aug 01

Posted - 02 Dec 2008 :  07:36:57  Show Profile  Visit laser's Homepage Send laser a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're not logged in! Click here to watch this flash animation.

Gallery will be online soon. Some tech difficulties

V8Central WebMaster - Our motto is If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all

RIP05
_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

B24nsw
Transporter Driver

Australia
3 Posts
joined 08 Jan 08

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  23:05:17  Show Profile Send B24nsw a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have just added a version with a few small changes plus the addition of music
Go to Top of Page

Retro Racer
Transporter Driver

Australia
1 Posts
joined 13 Feb 09

Posted - 13 Feb 2009 :  11:20:18  Show Profile  Visit Retro Racer's Homepage  Send Retro Racer an ICQ Message Send Retro Racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Howdy guys, is this the main forum for the AASA Combined Sedan class?

I co drove in the '08 Wakefield 300, it was a great event and now I'm building a basic S2 RX7 for the race this year.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Administrator

Australia
17359 Posts
joined 01 Aug 01

Posted - 14 Feb 2009 :  10:38:34  Show Profile  Visit laser's Homepage Send laser a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's close enough Retor

What did you drive in the 300 ?

RIP05
_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds.