No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Other Open Wheelers
 Graham Watson, Ralt Australia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  13:21:07  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not too sure on this at all, though I heard he passed away yesterday.

Can anyone shed any light onto this for me?

If so we have lost a fantastic bloke who did amazing things for motorsport the world over.

Henry
Jaded Old Coot

Australia
3368 Posts
joined 12 Feb 04

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  14:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Henry's Homepage Send Henry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sadly true, taken by stomach cancer.

Dad once said "son, arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you're a grand master, playing at your best, the pigeon is just going to **** on the board and then walk around like it won".
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  14:39:29  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very sad... All my memories of him are great ones, and it was a pleasure to race with and against all the drivers he ran so well.

Go to Top of Page

Henry
Jaded Old Coot

Australia
3368 Posts
joined 12 Feb 04

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  20:35:05  Show Profile  Visit Henry's Homepage Send Henry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I read it first at another forum, frequented by an older generation of driver and writer alike... there are some similar heartfelt tributes from them too.

Apparently he had been experiencing stomach cramps at Phillip Island - where he was competing - only a couple of weeks back, and was off to the doctor upon his return. It would seem that it was what it was, and complications arising from it claimed him all too quickly.

I didn't know Graham, or know much of him at all... but his support of open-wheeler racing has been noted by others, better-qualified than I, so my condolences are for his family, and for guys like you, Simon, who knew and admired him.

THe sport will mourn one of its most fervent supporters, I am sure.

Dad once said "son, arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you're a grand master, playing at your best, the pigeon is just going to **** on the board and then walk around like it won".

Edited by - Henry on 16 Apr 2009 20:36:58
Go to Top of Page

bengatta
Tea Lady

658 Posts
joined 29 Mar 05

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  20:39:44  Show Profile  Visit bengatta's Homepage Send bengatta a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Graham was a great friend, and yes i can confirm this... for anybody who would like funeral details, i will post them soon if Laser is OK with that...
Go to Top of Page

laser
Administrator

Australia
17365 Posts
joined 01 Aug 01

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  20:41:14  Show Profile  Visit laser's Homepage Send laser a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No worries at all with posting the details, I assume it's a public event.

V8Central WebMaster - Our motto is If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all

RIP05
_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

bengatta
Tea Lady

658 Posts
joined 29 Mar 05

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  20:47:28  Show Profile  Visit bengatta's Homepage Send bengatta a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Might have been a bit hasty regarding posting of Funeral Notices... The family has selected a venue but not 100% sure of how public a service yet, I am calling in to see his Wife on Sunday, obviously they are in shock, this was all very sudden, he was feeling a bit ill, but had no real indication until very recently, so thinking about these details they have not considered yet...

For those very close to Graham who have not yet received a call, please PM me... I will remain logged in for a few days, but not online constantly, i will respond to all PM's on this subject...

This is a sad sad day, I feel privaledged to have been a part of the Ralt Australia outfit, more recently from a distance, but very heavily a few years back... I will not forget the amazing moments, and yeah Simon, 100% spot on, all my memories of Pappa Smurf are fond ones...

RIP great mate...

Edited by - bengatta on 16 Apr 2009 21:22:30
Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 17 Apr 2009 :  14:53:12  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A fine motorsport enthusiast and a good talent spotter as well, will be sadly missed

Thoughts are with Graham's family and friends at this difficult time

Edited by - spoonster05 on 17 Apr 2009 14:54:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds.