No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Historics
 Australian Historic Trans Am
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Henry
Jaded Old Coot

Australia
3368 Posts
joined 12 Feb 04

Posted - 12 Aug 2010 :  13:25:23  Show Profile  Visit Henry's Homepage Send Henry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While there haven't been too many visitors to this part of the forum, I thought it the best place to look at this category of racing...

I didn't know anything about it until I rolled up at Lakeside last weekend and saw a grid of Mustangs, Camaros, and a Mercury Comet... and I was instantly hooked!

Although the cars and the category have no relevance to the Australian racing scene now or then, it was an exotic and exciting spectacle, and as such I have my new mid-life crisis dream scenario... a Mustang, and a berth in this series. WIll be watching on with interest!

Dad once said "son, arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you're a grand master, playing at your best, the pigeon is just going to **** on the board and then walk around like it won".

Sonic

Australia
17298 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 12 Aug 2010 :  14:33:50  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you can't beat this series for action (or nostalgia) Henry... great racing, walk up to the cars, talk to the drivers, cheap as chips for spectators (tho some are still to tight to pay $20 for a day)..

you can't go wrong

Go to Top of Page

panoptic
Formula Ford Driver

497 Posts
joined 09 Dec 08

Posted - 12 Aug 2010 :  22:29:24  Show Profile Send panoptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Man they are awesome cars, they run a lot at Lakeside and QR, I have seen them a few times over the last few months, awesome to watch! I can't remember which one it is, possibly 29 or something like that, love a bit of drifting! ;) Good stuff to see.
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5141 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  17:12:13  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The series has everything you'd want in motorsport. Relaxed atmosphere, great car's and good action. And if you were keen enough to do it, you can get into it reasonably cheaply.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds.