No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Historics
 VHRR @ PI 20-3-11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  23:10:05  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What an amazing fantastic event... the best cars you could imagine... weather today was perfect... who the hell would have wanted to go to Clipsal??

I reckon outside of the v8 circus this is the biggest crowd I have seen at PI for a car racing event...

My biggest disappointment? That I didn't have the whole weekend... I only had today and I didn't get to see so much of what was organised... I only saw the car displays as I drove in... so many car clubs there.. it was fantastic..

So here it is folks... if you have never been to a VHRR event (or whatever is similar in your state) then make the effort... today's entry price was $35 and worth EVERY cent! Kudos to the organisers.

Pics will follow shortly guys... transferring to my comp now and will try to get a few up tonight and more thru the week :)

STP01
Team Manager

1524 Posts
joined 15 Mar 07

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  16:05:57  Show Profile Send STP01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A guys from work went and he said it's normally excellent. I told him he'd be in trouble if he didn't get me at least one good photo of the Rothmans Porsche!

Congratulations Jamie Whincup on 7 Championships!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  16:08:06  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll see what i can do for ya STP.. should have a bunch of that car..

Go to Top of Page

STP01
Team Manager

1524 Posts
joined 15 Mar 07

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  18:07:21  Show Profile Send STP01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Excellent!

Congratulations Jamie Whincup on 7 Championships!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  23:34:28  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
my apologies lads... my comp at home is having major fits and i'm struggling to get it to work which means i can't edit the pics :(

(and i have to do that... changed lenses out near the track and a few bits of gunk somehow got in behind the lens and almost every shot from the day needs work before i can post them.. **major grumbles)

but i'm about to have a go at burning some of the pics from the start of the day plus the pit shots and have a go at uploading some at work tomorrow.

======================

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwisewould/sets/72157626207126211/

ok lads shots are up.. please let me know if there's any you like and i'll see if i can track some more of those.

much appreciation to Grant Campbell, Michael Holloway and Michael Browning for the help at late notice.

Edited by - Sonic on 24 Mar 2011 00:17:16
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11266 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Mar 2011 :  00:28:37  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Photos look very good Sonic and there are some cars at Phillip Island that you wouldn't see at a classic car show especially the old Bugatti and some of the old Alfa GTVs.
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

623 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 24 Mar 2011 :  01:14:57  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
God, I hate myself for not going, its the first Classic I have missed since I became aware of them

Some great shots in there Sonic, just what I needed, to see what it was I missed out on...

@CP: I think you will find that there are lots of those Bugattis about, and they are competed quite regularly. There is even one with a Holden grey motor in it.
Oh, and a slight bit of semantics...PI Classic isn't a car show, its a race meeting

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana

Edited by - bludvl on 24 Mar 2011 01:17:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.54 seconds.