No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Other Open Wheelers
 :( - Matthew Harrison
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sonic

Australia
17294 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  13:22:02  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
22-03-2011 Vale: Matthew Harrison

It’s with great sadness that the Formula Vee Association of New South Wales announces the passing of Matthew Harrison.

Matthew passed away overnight after being involved in a racing incident during the opening round of the NSW Formula Vee State Championship at Eastern Creek Raceway.

A talented young driver, Matthew was passionate about the Formula Vee category and motor racing in general and will be sorely missed by everyone in the sport. As a mark ofrespect for Matthew and his family, Formula Vee competitors unanimously decided to withdraw from the event.

The thoughts of all Formula Vee Association of New South Wales members, The Executive and members of the BOM of FVAA and those of the entire motor sport community, are with Matthew’s family and friends during this difficult time.

The Formula Vee Association of New South Wales wishes to thank the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) and the Australian Racing Drivers Club (ARDC) for their help and understanding.

===============

thoughts with the family and friends

(my bad... forgot link... http://www.fvee.org.au/news_article.2011-03-20.5315862141 )

Edited by - Sonic on 21 Mar 2011 14:18:54

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  14:08:16  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jeez that's horrible!

Formula vee is such a friendly and great atmosphere category - one that I'd like to race in at some stage - so that makes it even more unfortunate :(

small open wheelers will always be a bit vulnerable to bad accidents - but that's racing I suppose.

R.I.P.

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 21 Mar 2011 14:11:11
Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  07:43:43  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
that's not good to hear very sad news. Formula vee wouldn't have exspected that somone would get killed in such a good nice welcoming catagory.

my thoughts with the family and friends

RIP :(

Peter Brock 1945 - 2006 RIP #05
RIP Dale Earnhardt 1951 - 2001 #3
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011
RIP Jason Richards 1976 - 2011
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds.