No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 IndyCar
 Will Powers rant *spoiler*
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gasking
Formula Ford Driver

414 Posts
joined 24 Mar 09

Posted - 15 Jul 2011 :  13:26:25  Show Profile  Visit gasking's Homepage Send gasking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone see his mid race rant at Toronto?, that the best rant i've seen in a fair while. Goto love the penalty withdrawn for Franchitti, talk about amature officials.

I would love to see the v8 forumns go into over drive if a penalty got handed out to the championship leader and then got taken back later because they changed there mind.

On another note that race was awesome, passing everywhere, carnage everywhere. Shame Franchitti won he didn't deserve it.

This seasons road races have been awesome to watch so far, cant wait for the next ones.

Ruddeger
Team Manager

2316 Posts
joined 21 Jan 07

Posted - 15 Jul 2011 :  14:08:50  Show Profile Send Ruddeger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gasking

Anyone see his mid race rant at Toronto?, that the best rant i've seen in a fair while. Goto love the penalty withdrawn for Franchitti, talk about amature officials.

I think it was mentioned just after the race that a penalty was never actually given to Franchitti.He should've been pinged for that spin,but as Will said Dario is protected.

I liked Will's comment about Alex Tagliani,who crashed Will out of the race - "****er"
The pit commentator looked as though he didn't know what it mean't.

FOOOOOOOOORD !!!
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 15 Jul 2011 :  21:05:19  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was this the rant where Will said something like "if they hand Dario a penalty, Chip Ganassi will just go tell them they're fired!"?

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Ruddeger
Team Manager

2316 Posts
joined 21 Jan 07

Posted - 18 Sep 2011 :  18:11:01  Show Profile Send Ruddeger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ruddeger

quote:
Originally posted by gasking

I think it was mentioned just after the race that a penalty was never actually given to Franchitti.He should've been pinged for that spin,but as Will said Dario is protected.

Yet again Dario is protected by officials.Today at Motegi he punted Briscoe on a re-start,which put Briscoe and Rahal in the gravel.Dario had to pit for repairs and it put him in about 23rd spot - his punishment was to drop to the back of the grid,so he dropped 1 spot.The commentators were staggered he didn't get a drive-thru considering all year other drivers have been given one when they did the same.

FOOOOOOOOORD !!!
Go to Top of Page

farr02
V8 Champion

Australia
1093 Posts
joined 23 Jun 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2011 :  18:22:20  Show Profile Send farr02 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was a joke. I cant understand why Dario is so protected by indycar. Dominant drive by Dixon though and with Power in second the final two races should be crackers

EDIT
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94636

Dario gains another spot after Castro's brain fade.

Edited by - farr02 on 18 Sep 2011 18:27:03
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Sep 2011 :  19:35:52  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why is Dario a protected species?

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 18 Sep 2011 :  20:25:02  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Why is Dario a protected species?

Because Stupid Indycar loves him. He was panalised for taking out Briscoe, which i don't think was enough of a punishment, it's not the first time he has had a brainfade and took another driver out, and it will not be the last i bet. But he took out another car because Briscoe's car hit another driver.

He made contact with the right-rear of the Team Penske’s Ryan Briscoe entering Turn 1.

But on the flipside the main thing is Power has a 13 point lead over Franchitti.

Peter Brock 1945 - 2006 RIP #05
RIP Dale Earnhardt 1951 - 2001 #3
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011
RIP Jason Richards 1976 - 2011

Edited by - HDT05 on 19 Sep 2011 02:31:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds.