No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Motor Cycling
 Rossi Considering His Future?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coyote V8
Pit Crew

148 Posts
joined 05 Apr 10

Posted - 24 Oct 2011 :  12:07:30  Show Profile Send Coyote V8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reports in the media say Valencia could be his last race !

What a terrible week in motorsport :(

rhysv
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
391 Posts
joined 19 Dec 08

Posted - 24 Oct 2011 :  12:22:01  Show Profile  Visit rhysv's Homepage  Click to see rhysv's MSN Messenger address Send rhysv a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd say he'll take the death of Marco Simoncelli very personally... and I cant blame him to be honest, it will be hard for a person to just get on with things after an accident like that.

When I was a kid I wanted to drive race cars... Now I take photos of them - http://vandersyde.com | http://www.insydemedia.com.au/
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Oct 2011 :  14:35:20  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Same with Edwards.

He almost retired when Peter Lenz died at Indy.

I'd say Valencia will see the careers of two greats come to an end.

Such a tragedy for them to go through. Can't imagine what it was like for Edwards to have to stand there with a dislocated shoulder and watch it all infront of him. If that isn't a life-outlook changing moment then there's no such thing.

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 24 Oct 2011 14:36:24
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 24 Oct 2011 :  22:34:37  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd say both Valentino and Colin will retire. It's terrible that they've had to go through this.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 24 Oct 2011 :  23:50:26  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Valentino or Colin didn't need this to happen to them, they will be shaken to the core!

I would think they both will retire, sad to lose such a young talented guy :(

Peter Brock 1945 - 2006 RIP #05
RIP Dale Earnhardt 1951 - 2001 #3
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011
RIP Jason Richards 1976 - 2011
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17300 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 25 Oct 2011 :  08:24:23  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
think any of us would be devastated to kill someone in a vehicle accident... for that to be a friend and in a 'game' would gut you so much more.

Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 25 Oct 2011 :  14:30:33  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

think any of us would be devastated to kill someone in a vehicle accident... for that to be a friend and in a 'game' would gut you so much more.

Yeah, well i have been in a crash before in a bus crash, which killed a motorcycle rider, who was speeding and trying to overtake three cars and the bus i was on around a blind corner and the guy had to overtake the three cars and then the bus i was on very quick because there was also a car coming the other way, the bus driver approached the turn he intended to turn on and unfortuntly the guy drove straight into us hitting our bus, he hit the bus which killed him instantly, wasn't a good time for any of us on the bus i tell yah....such a sad day. :(

Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 25 Oct 2011 :  20:25:52  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear that man - sounds horrible.

--

I've just been getting up to date on my 2012 news - Colin has signed a deal to run in a new team on the Claiming Rule (gives new teams 12 engine changes instead of 6, and 24Litres instead of 21).
So I guess that could keep him going.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16131 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 25 Oct 2011 :  22:47:27  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rossi's manager reckons he will be on the Ducati again next year.

These guys are professional racers, its what they do, and sometimes **** happens and things go wrong.

They almost always seem to bounce back, it might just take a bit longer this time.

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 25 Oct 2011 :  22:52:35  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've had a change of opinion, I reckon they'll both stay. I believe Rossi's manager on this one.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 25 Oct 2011 :  23:11:52  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yeah it was MrMc such a sad day took me a while to get over it.

-----

On Rossi i certainly hope he races still as he's my hero, but i know what it's like when you kill someone on accident as i stated above in my previous post, i'd assume it's alot worser when it's your mate, which is what Rossi has had to deal with.

Go to Top of Page

Coyote V8
Pit Crew

148 Posts
joined 05 Apr 10

Posted - 27 Oct 2011 :  22:30:27  Show Profile Send Coyote V8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

I guess , now we wait.... .
Andrew Pitt was the last example of someone (I recall) never to get his form back..

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds.