V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  10:34:52  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK Bungy tell me which state has and don't forget the contribution QLD made to the Feds economy through it's mining and food exports

Righting the wrongs of the last twenty years.
BS.
Howard and co as well as Gillard have the blood on their hands of all the road users killed on the goat tracks masquerading as highways

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  11:14:47  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

OK Bungy tell me which state has and don't forget the contribution QLD made to the Feds economy through it's mining and food exports

No state did and that was the problem. They went back, albeit, only on what could be amounted to their word and not some sort of enforced obligation on them to abolish the State taxes.

Beattie and Howard never got along at first which stifled any positive tax amendments that Beattie or Howard would make, so that was another factor really (although that changed about 6 years later)

One could say it was party politics and differences that kept Queensland from earning its fair share...

quote:
Righting the wrongs of the last twenty years.
BS.
Howard and co as well as Gillard have the blood on their hands of all the road users killed on the goat tracks masquerading as highways

I'm not just speaking about transport and roads here...

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  12:05:33  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No because he ripped us off for all parts of infrastructure

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  21:24:58  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

No because he ripped us off for all parts of infrastructure

And it's a one way street on that one?

Beattie didn't move on it till at least his 3rd term in Government and in the process of getting there, racked up significant debt levels with his brilliant management of Queensland revenue.

You will find that Howard did more than what you give him credit or acknowledgement for...specifically one that is close to home for both you and I which was extending Redland Bay Road

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  22:07:48  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mate i've been living in Redland Bay longer than you've been alive.
Even lived on Redland Bay road at one stage.

Redland Bay road hasn't been extended since i've been living there.
Had plenty of state and council upgrades though

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  22:21:54  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Ok, wrong choice of word, it has been widened to four lanes rather than the two it was about 5-6 years ago.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  06:51:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OMG rabbits must be on holidays and poor old bundy has to do all the right wing stuff himself - LOL

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  07:02:08  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

OMG rabbits must be on holidays and poor old bundy has to do all the right wing stuff himself - LOL

Yeah its a bit lonely without rabbits But he will be back to his best, getting under the skin of you Labor supporters soon

Interesting to see that the latest Labor plan is to make certain Indigenous schools personally autonomous for its own funding and recruitment decisions. This is certainly outside their normal centralist approaches to regulation and governance...

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  07:41:11  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy

quote:

Ok, wrong choice of word, it has been widened to four lanes rather than the two it was about 5-6 years ago.

Yes it did recieve Federal funding. For the Redland Bay rd Lyndon rd intersection which was a federally funded blackspot.
Most funding was state government
Even the Redland city Council contributed to that

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  07:47:32  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes it did recieve Federal funding. For the Redland Bay rd Lyndon rd intersection which was a federally funded blackspot.

Don't forget now that roads are the primary responsibility of the State government and not the Federal government

You say it was mostly funded by the state government, yet I remember driving down to Redland Bay a few times and seeing signs that this was a Federal government funded job.

Edited by - bundy on 10 Jan 2012 07:50:02
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  11:40:24  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Interesting to see that the latest Labor plan is to make certain Indigenous schools personally autonomous for its own funding and recruitment decisions. This is certainly outside their normal centralist approaches to regulation and governance...

Not really, they have done this sort of stuff for years, hell it was even Labor who handed back Ayers Rock and Barmah State Forsest.

I actually thought John Howards style was more about centralisation, he certainly showed it on many occasions, which surprised me at the time coz it is generally a Labor Party philosphy.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  20:28:22  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

You say it was mostly funded by the state government, yet I remember driving down to Redland Bay a few times and seeing signs that this was a Federal government funded job.

The Feds funded an exsisting round a bout in my town just prior to the '07 election. The signs that are around it cost more than the funding provided to resurface it.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 11 Jan 2012 :  08:14:54  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't forget now that roads are the primary responsibility of the State government and not the Federal government

All except the major highways.
you also forgot how Howard delayed the Ipswich Motorway by trying to force a road on the QLD people they didn't want.
A road that would have seen a heap of houses forcably removed from their owners and the Brisbane river crosed a total of 3 times. The cost was nearly triple of what is being built at the moment

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 11 Jan 2012 :  12:55:36  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
6 days on Hamilton Island - I'm too chilled to care!!
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Jan 2012 :  09:11:48  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

6 days on Hamilton Island - I'm too chilled to care!!

Nice, we all need a break.

I hope it wasn't a "business trip" that you will claim on your tax?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 14.25 seconds.