V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  23:28:47  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Agreed....but maybe a wrought is what's required....
Like wrought iron? Maybe you mean a rort - or maybe a rout. There's been enough Labor rorts lately, so I'm going with rout.

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 Mar 2013 :  20:57:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I asked Mr Martin this question and he didn't give me a straight answer.
How many sitting Australian Prime Ministers have had their leadership challenged by their own party?
Successful or unsuccessful doesn't matter.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  10:52:21  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzHJ35B_aks
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  11:03:14  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Doesn't matter anyway.

Labor under Gillard has been on the nose the day she and those other grubs knifed a sitting PM.

The egos from Gillard and her main supporters have no boundaries. They are on a hiding to nothing and Gillard and co can do nothing to save them and they are so tied up in their own self importance that they can't even see it.

The coalition will win the next election in a canter and the next election will be similiar to the 2010 election where there was no clear majority. Abbott will get the people offside as quick as Numb Nuts Newman did and will be lucky to hold onto his job for the entire term

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  11:23:39  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Probably has something to do with seeing straight through a loaded question.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  11:33:35  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Not loaded Albie, I honestly don't know.

Obviously I know there's Gillard twice.
There was a Keating on Hawke I think.
Was there a Gorton or McEwan????
What others are there?

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 24 Mar 2013 11:38:30
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  11:38:13  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Good choice of a song that was about the days after what happened the day i was born

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  11:39:44  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

Good choice of a song that was about the days after what happened the day i was born

The Kennedy assassination!
I was at school.
Still a great song.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  11:47:20  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Not loaded Albie, I honestly don't know.

Obviously I know there's Gillard twice.
There was a Keating on Hawke I think.
Was there a Gorton or McEwan????
What others are there?

Obviously there's the Gorton McMahon spill which resulted in a tie. Gorton resigned saying it was still a vote of no-confidence

Andrew Peacock also challenged Malcolm Fraser in 82

Both governments were voted out at the next election.

If history is anything to go by, the labor party should have lost the 2010 election.
Lucky for Gillard, Abbott is such a pratt that none of the independants except the loony wearing the akubra hat would side with him

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  16:39:48  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by TristanN47

More ministers resigning, this whole thing is crazy.
Do Labor really think they are going to win the election with Gillard and Swan?

We're heading for a Queensland style annihilation of Labor at the federal level.

Gillard needs to lose the election to give labor a fresh start, but an Abbott Liberal government is not a nice thought....

I very much doubt an Abbott led Liberal Govt will have the longevity of the JWH Liberal Govt.

But weren't these your same thoughts back in 1996? If so, I appreciate your pessimism

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  17:01:25  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What is the future for Julia now?

With so many jumping off the sinking ship now, and no apparent hope of survival, why does she still hang around?

With a loss at the election, she cant hold her job as I see it, so what is she thinking? Maybe she still is a chance in her mind and the parties?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  19:11:53  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

What is the future for Julia now?

With so many jumping off the sinking ship now, and no apparent hope of survival, why does she still hang around?

With a loss at the election, she cant hold her job as I see it, so what is she thinking? Maybe she still is a chance in her mind and the parties?

When you raced at Bathurst and had no chance of winning did you think "I'll just park it and go home"?

Gillard is still the Prime Minister, No one has jumped, they just changed job titles.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  21:59:22  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If I was racing a triple 8 car at bathurst and practiced seconds off the pace and was disliked by many, of course I would step aside Albert! Especially if I was a triple 8 die hard for many years and had their best interests at heart...

So they have 'changed job titles' because they are happy to step down, or because of unrest?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Mar 2013 :  23:42:24  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Karter was right, you do have trouble reading posts.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  00:36:53  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seems I could say the same :)

How is my post not related to yours?

You compare me running at Bathurst in midfield teams is the same as Julia leading one of two parties in a two horse race?! I just put it in a more comparable situation...

Edited by - willsy on 25 Mar 2013 00:47:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9.97 seconds.