V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  08:08:34  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Seems I could say the same :)

How is my post not related to yours?

You compare me running at Bathurst in midfield teams is the same as Julia leading one of two parties in a two horse race?! I just put it in a more comparable situation...

So then basically your attitude is, if you can't win don't try.

BTW, I asked WHEN you raced at not if you had the chance now.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  09:25:41  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Er when I raced I was never in one of the top two teams, in a two team race though Albert... How is that a similar comparison?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  17:22:29  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Er when I raced I was never in one of the top two teams, in a two team race though Albert... How is that a similar comparison?

"Er" I'm not comapring with what you had to work with. I'm comparing it to your attitude.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  17:35:32  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Attitude will obviously vary if you are getting smashed in the leading team expecting to win, than that of myself running mid pack expecting to show up a few good cars on a good run. I don't see any connection to your comparison, all is see is deflection from my original point...

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  18:15:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Willsy, you've set yourself a challenge trying to make sense of one of Albie's analogies. Four goes, and still floundering. Here's a tip : Logic doesn't work.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  18:22:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Zac, I didn't know what thread this was...
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  18:52:43  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah we are off on a tangent sorry, but my initial question remains about Julia. Oh well :)

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  19:25:25  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Muuuummmm Zec is still picking on me!!!! The amusing side of the internet, everyone get a high horse to ride.

It's OK willsy, I got it. You had absolutly no desire to win despite the odds against you. Can't win, don't try. My mistake for thinking otherwise. Gillard should just pack up now because there's nothing to fight for. Perhap my logic was far to simple for such advanced minds.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  19:52:19  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's fine Albert, twist it how you like to so be it.

I jus don't see how Julia cruising for a hiding at the election, what is her motive for hanging in there? For 6 months more work at the expense of rebuilding the party is confusing to me. Maybe she is more selfish than a team player than I thought, or maybe she is holding back some huge dirt on Tony... :)

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 25 Mar 2013 :  23:56:58  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

That's fine Albert, twist it how you like to so be it.

I jus don't see how Julia cruising for a hiding at the election, what is her motive for hanging in there? For 6 months more work at the expense of rebuilding the party is confusing to me. Maybe she is more selfish than a team player than I thought, or maybe she is holding back some huge dirt on Tony... :)

Gillard was the ONLY one to stand to lead the Labor party, it was thrown wide open for any other caucus member to step up. There was every opportunity for change.

How do I twist my own answer to your question, it has always been my point when I answered in the first place.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 26 Mar 2013 :  04:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

what is her motive for hanging in there?
Because the Party, through Caucus want her there, they see her as the best option.

If they didn't, then they would have flicked her, she doesn't walk around with a bunch of stand over men ready to shoot someone for going against her FFS.

What has she done that is so terribly bad? And don't give me that 'she told a lie' bull****, they all ****ing lie. It was one policy backflip

If you had a good and bad list, the good far outweighs the bad, but all you lot can see is the bad.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Mar 2013 :  07:22:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's not just "you lot". It looks like a whole lot of "you lots". Bloody media - especially the ABC (that lot) reporting it with a smiling picture of that nice Mr Abbott...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-26/coalition-support-leaps-in-newspoll/4593938

Edited by - Zac on 26 Mar 2013 07:25:14
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 26 Mar 2013 :  07:41:02  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

What has she done that is so terribly bad? And don't give me that 'she told a lie' bull****, they all ****ing lie. It was one policy backflip

If you had a good and bad list, the good far outweighs the bad, but all you lot can see is the bad.

answer the question

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Mar 2013 :  07:56:09  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The question? What has she done that is so terribly bad? Lost the support of just under 50% of her own party, and well over 50% of Australia's voters. Why? As she would say: "It's been dealt with. We've gone over and over this before."
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 26 Mar 2013 :  08:24:02  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am talking POLICY, but you lot find that a little too hard to understand, I can get that, after all there is a policy vacuum on your side of politics

Edited by - Trev on 26 Mar 2013 08:24:56
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.05 seconds.