V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 02 Apr 2013 :  16:07:02  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You'd swear it was the end of Australia by what you read here. Poll numbers are taken in full faith, yet economy numbers are just opinion.

Pity that we fall for perception rather than fact.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 02 Apr 2013 :  16:29:13  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So am I just perceiving how much our business has fallen over the past year and I don't really have a clue?

Perhaps some areas are doing ok but it's not showing anywhere in my reach.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 02 Apr 2013 :  16:54:23  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Used Car yards are struggling!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 02 Apr 2013 :  23:30:20  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thats because new cars have never been cheaper or as readliy available

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  00:02:24  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

So am I just perceiving how much our business has fallen over the past year and I don't really have a clue?

How much of your business makes up the economy? Your perception is skewed that you think you do it tough so must the rest of the country.

Private businesses boom and bust no matter who's in government.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  08:32:38  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The LNP will never learn.

Bruce Flegg the dumbest rich person in Australia who was sacked because of backroom deals and non disclosure
Has made a nomination for International Womens Day. You guessed it, she works with his son.

More on the according to Bundy , Courier Mail beat up
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/lnp-mp-scott-driscoll-cancelled-a-christmas-party-to-save-1000-and-banned-staff-from-wrapping-presents-giving-the-grinch-a-run-for-his-money/story-e6freoof-1226611224577

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  08:35:00  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
we are part of an Australia wide chain... we look after railways, mining, farming... essential industry...

agree that one business is not 'the country' but when you are looking after companies that are known country wide then that perception carries more weight than that of a local milk bar.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  10:20:31  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

The LNP will never learn.

Bruce Flegg the dumbest rich person in Australia who was sacked because of backroom deals and non disclosure
Has made a nomination for International Womens Day. You guessed it, she works with his son.

More on the according to Bundy , Courier Mail beat up
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/lnp-mp-scott-driscoll-cancelled-a-christmas-party-to-save-1000-and-banned-staff-from-wrapping-presents-giving-the-grinch-a-run-for-his-money/story-e6freoof-1226611224577

Again I'll wait for the CMC findings - if there has been any misconduct found he can be sent out to pasture for all I care. And if so you really are pushing against an open door...

But can I say despite this and I don't condone his actions in any way shape or form if found to be improper by the CMC that these are actions of the individual MP and does not involve any conspiracy from the government to aid or to cover it up nor does it point to a policy failure which is just as important if not more important to steer clear of than the alleged misconduct of the individual in question.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 03 Apr 2013 10:21:28
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  17:05:17  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Again I'll wait for the CMC findings - if there has been any misconduct found he can be sent out to pasture for all I care. And if so you really are pushing against an open door...

But can I say despite this and I don't condone his actions in any way shape or form if found to be improper by the CMC that these are actions of the individual MP and does not involve any conspiracy from the government to aid or to cover it up nor does it point to a policy failure which is just as important if not more important to steer clear of than the alleged misconduct of the individual in question.

The boots on the other foot and now there is patients and reason to tread carefully, ay bundy.

No "sack them all and call an election" stuff when it come to the LNP.

quote:

we are part of an Australia wide chain... we look after railways, mining, farming... essential industry...

agree that one business is not 'the country' but when you are looking after companies that are known country wide then that perception carries more weight than that of a local milk bar.

How true but a perception none the less. On the whole Australia is doing well and rated as one of few countries that can be a taken as a sure bet.

_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 03 Apr 2013 17:22:58
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  17:07:20  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just heard on the radio news that some Labor candidates are leaving the Labor logo off the campaign adverts to try and distance themselves from the negative view towards Labor! That seems a pretty extreme move really.

One member in WA I think it was, has come out attacking his own Party over giving a large sum of money to Disney for filming a movie, rather than purchase an MRI machine for his local hospital which he has been asking for plus helping out more issues like this.

I thought maybe on the lead up to the election Labor might band together a bit more and try to rebuild a little credibility, though it seems to be just getting worse for them...

Like I said recently, if Julia is such a staunch Labor player, isn't it in the parties best interest for her to stand aside and let the restructure begin? Why wont she do this for the parties sake?

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  19:18:19  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Like I said recently, if Julia is such a staunch Labor player, isn't it in the parties best interest for her to stand aside and let the restructure begin? Why wont she do this for the parties sake?

That can be answered in one word - ego.

A similar thing happened with Howard in 2007. He didn't listen and he not only lost the election but he also lost his seat in parliament.

Could the same thing happen to Gillard in September?

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion

Edited by - Madaz on 03 Apr 2013 19:19:13
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  19:36:33  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Problem is....we have had prominent people talking the country down for nigh on 3 years.....and a biased media repeating it endlessly...keep telling people "we are stuffed, we are stuffed, we are stuffed" on high rotation.....they tend to believe it and stop spending! Libs have always been merchants of fear....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 03 Apr 2013 19:37:34
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  19:47:58  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

A similar thing happened with Howard in 2007. He didn't listen and he not only lost the election but he also lost his seat in parliament.

Could the same thing happen to Gillard in September?
No. Julia Gillard's seat of Lalor is an extremely safe Labor seat. She currently holds it with a two party preferred vote of 72% Labor, 28% Liberal. I expect a national swing of around 5% against Labor in the upcoming election, but it will be less in Victoria, and probably even less in Lalor. She may well even gain a slight swing towards her. There is no way there could be a 20+% swing against her in Lalor.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  21:49:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Just heard on the radio news that some Labor candidates are leaving the Labor logo off the campaign adverts to try and distance themselves from the negative view towards Labor! That seems a pretty extreme move really.

That has been happening for a few years now. For sure it happened in the last Queensland election and perhaps the one before...one may even say its origins date back to Rudd's presidential style election in 07 where you would go to a booth and all you would see on the fences outside were stretched out signs of Rudd's face.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Apr 2013 :  18:25:11  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You guys must watch this!https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=553915951305937&set=vb.100000626108610&type=2&theater

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 22.84 seconds.