V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22433 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Apr 2013 :  09:39:52  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/04/13/00/47/crean-scathing-of-gillard-leadership
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3003 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 13 Apr 2013 :  10:15:00  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"rats" & "sinking ship" come to mind.
Go to Top of Page

TristanN47
V8 Champion

Australia
937 Posts
joined 08 Oct 11

Posted - 13 Apr 2013 :  23:51:53  Show Profile Send TristanN47 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Still over half the cost to build for just a 1/4 of the service and higher running and maintainence costs.

Oh yeah, the libs really know how to spend money better.

But Tony says 25mbps is enough?
I laughed at the bit where they said they're just going to buy copper from Telstra instead of using fiber.

But i'm also scared that Australia is going to vote this moron in..

#5 Winterbottom #6 Mostert

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13395 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  14:49:45  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

So care to show me where the rats were deserting the ship.

Crean hasn't resigned nor has Rudd.

Time you blokes stopped listening to the walking throw away line headline Abbott

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3003 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  14:51:37  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

So care to show me where the rats were deserting the ship.

Crean hasn't resigned nor has Rudd.

Time you blokes stopped listening to the walking throw away line headline Abbott

I was actually listening to the news this morning, Col. Can't remember seeing Abbott reading the news.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13395 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  14:53:07  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thats because that useless dumb arse can't read

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3003 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  15:55:54  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Thats because that useless dumb arse can't read

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 15 Apr 2013 :  14:32:16  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good fairfax/neilsen poll out today

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/opinion/politics/pms-comeback-now-consigned-to-history-20130414-2httz.html

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22433 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 15 Apr 2013 :  16:12:29  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gillard has just released her new education policy that has more holes than Henry's bucket.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 15 Apr 2013 :  16:28:40  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Gillard has just released her new education policy that has more holes than Henry's bucket.

Nothing unusual then

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17836 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 15 Apr 2013 :  17:00:03  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
apparently the australian sex party is upset with julia too...with the belting she is set to get at the next election there wont be a "hung" party

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Apr 2013 :  06:49:56  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

a bit like the 'Superannuation' Policy that was misunderstood and misreported by the multitudes, but when people took a breath to actually read the policy properly they realised that it was OK after all.

The University's have been a law unto themselves refusing to budge on things like 'national curriculum', I say give them a cutback, they are fat cats, I work in the Victorian TAFE system and we have had the guts cut out of us, they have been gloating and running around undermining us, now they will also feel the pain, serves them right, karma is a bitch

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 16 Apr 2013 :  09:18:31  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev
The University's have been a law unto themselves refusing to budge on things like 'national curriculum', I say give them a cutback, they are fat cats, I work in the Victorian TAFE system and we have had the guts cut out of us, they have been gloating and running around undermining us, now they will also feel the pain, serves them right, karma is a bitch

This isn't the right attitude to take for any educator whether you're in a state school, TAFE or university. You should always be striving for better outcomes for students no matter where they are educated. I might also add that State governments are responsible for the upkeep of TAFEs and not the Federal government.

As for your 'national cirriculum' comment and a perceived failure by the universities to embrace the idea, I don't believe they should. The programs that universities offer
are nationally recognised and the degree to which they are held in their employer's eyes depends on university ranking and the quality of the programs devised at the respective university.

To illustrate and this is hypothetical and local to some extent to your area, if this national cirriculum was introduced and say two universities, Uni of Melb and Deakin University offered program in the same discipline where Uni of Melb's one prior to the changes was held in greater esteem by prospective employers but now after the changes both university programs were viewed the same; how is that fair to the Uni of Melb who spent years with their staff building that image advantage? It just simply isn't...

This and the superannuation changes is just devisive policy; it pits one group against another and takes away one of those group's rights/entitlements when this country should be about equality. Governments should never discriminate based on wealth.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Apr 2013 :  09:23:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

I might also add that State governments are responsible for the upkeep of TAFEs and not the Federal government.
Yes you are right, however they Feds do contribute a fair amount of $$$ to vocational training (read TAFE) in all the States AND they (the Feds) are investigating TAFE funding across Australia as we speak as most of the Eastern (Liberal) States are cutting the guts out of TAFE's.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 16 Apr 2013 :  09:27:09  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

I might also add that State governments are responsible for the upkeep of TAFEs and not the Federal government.
Yes you are right, however they Feds do contribute a fair amount of $$$ to vocational training (read TAFE) in all the States AND they (the Feds) are investigating TAFE funding across Australia as we speak as most of the Eastern (Liberal) States are cutting the guts out of TAFE's.

Agreed re. Federal government contributions but your main gripe should be with the Vic government.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 12.45 seconds.