V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Apr 2013 :  12:51:02  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's just a cop out.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 19 Apr 2013 :  17:45:44  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bundy the expert spin doctor that refuses to acknowledge the truth.

I'm saying Newman is a lying ****.
I used the written commitment that he has broken as proof and then i used the 'Public Servants have nothing to worry about' quote that Newman made before the election as further proof.

But you knew that and wouldn't reply because of the hypocracy involved

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  00:41:23  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Bundy the expert spin doctor that refuses to acknowledge the truth.

I'm saying Newman is a lying ****.
I used the written commitment that he has broken as proof and then i used the 'Public Servants have nothing to worry about' quote that Newman made before the election as further proof.

But you knew that and wouldn't reply because of the hypocracy involved

Nothing about hypocrisy at all, what I need you to do is make sure the accusations you make about Newman are clear; so let me try to understand what you are accusing Newman of, if I can, you say that he lied to the public servants about 'having nothing to worry about' (that is their jobs) and you also say that he has a penchant for this as he broke a written commitment that he had made to a special interest non-profit group, is that right?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 20 Apr 2013 00:41:50
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  12:36:47  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He's got a penchant for lying thats for sure.

Case #1 the public service has nothing to worry about

Case #2 he's back pedalling on a written commitment

You could probably put the Driscoll afair in there somewhere as he clamied he knew nothing, but Bruce McIvor was on the recieving end of some the emails. I'd find it hard to believe that the Liberal Party state president would know and not let Numb Nuts Newman know

You're going to make a great politician one day. Never directly answering questions and just putting some bull**** spin on everything

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  20:30:25  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm, the thread needs more stuff about corrupt NSW politicians.

Allegations linking former state MP Richard Torbay to Centrelink leases worth millions of dollars have been referred to the department's serious fraud and non-compliance unit for investigation.
Mr Torbay has not been seen in public in the three weeks since his surprise resignation from Parliament and as chancellor of the University of New England after allegations concerning him were referred to the Independent Commission against Corruption.
A Herald investigation has uncovered links between Mr Torbay and his associates and a number of Centrelink leases across the country totalling almost $48 million.
Mr Torbay has investments in three buildings that have the agency responsible for social security payments as the tenant. Those Centrelink leases are worth more than $11 million.
Advertisement
Mr Torbay's business partner, prominent Armidale developer Nick Rice, and the relatives of Phillip Hanna, Mr Torbay's close friend and former campaign manager, between them own a raft of buildings across the country which they have leased to Centrelink. They include Gosford, Kurri Kurri, Deniliquin, Moree, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Wallsend, Armidale, as well as in the Queensland towns of Hervey Bay, Dalby, Maryborough, Wynnum and Woodridge, and Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory.
A former employee said Mr Hanna had a contact in Centrelink who provided information to him about ''what leases and sites were coming up.'' A spokeswoman for Human Services Minister Senator Jan McLucas said: ''The secretary of the department has asked the serious fraud and non-compliance unit to undertake an investigation.''
This was welcomed by opposition human services spokesman Kevin Andrews, who said: ''Ensuring the integrity and transparency of [Department of Human Services] operations is of key importance in maintaining the trust of the taxpayers who fund them.''
Some of the Centrelink leases are held through property trusts set up by Mr Hanna, Labor kingpin Eddie Obeid's cousin by marriage. Mr Hanna's relatives took over the directorship of most of his property development companies after his 2007 arrest for the attempted murder of his business partner.
Complaints were made to the Police Integrity Commission about the actions of the then local area police commander David Cushway over the Hanna investigation.
Within hours of Mr Hanna's arrest, Mr Cushway arranged for himself and Mr Torbay - then speaker of the Legislative Assembly - to have a clandestine meeting with Mr Hanna in the police cells.
Mr Cushway ordered a junior officer not to record the visit in the custody book.
Mr Hanna pleaded guilty to lesser charges and received a good behaviour bond.
Mr Cushway is now Mr Torbay's and Mr Rice's business partner in several buildings leased to Centrelink. He was appointed chief operating officer at the University of New England earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/fraud-unit-to-probe-torbays-link-with-centrelink-leases-20130407-2hezq.html

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  12:02:23  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
More of Campbell Newmans lies.
Numb Nuts Newman said before the election and on several occassions since that he would not sell off states assets without a mandate.
Looks like his only policies are lies

Come one bundy he's another one for you to twist and turn into something other than wahts actually happened.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/state-government-cbd-buildings-sold-off-to-pay-down-debt/story-e6freoof-1226624144158

edit
Here's some interesting reading on the Peter Thomsen affair

http://wixxyleaks.com/2012/05/16/i-think-i-smell-a-rat/

Edited by - bigcol on 22 Apr 2013 22:18:26
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Apr 2013 :  10:17:05  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another good newspoll out today

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/newspoll-finds-labor-vote-stagnates-as-coalition-falls/story-fnho52jo-1226626718524

Meanwhile, Gillard is doing a decent job of digging the trenches to prepare for the announcement that the country will be in the hole for a lot longer than what she promised.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Apr 2013 :  15:39:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I had to do a Sydney-Newcastle return trip on my own today. Around four hours of changing radio stations trying to get away from Clive Palmer. Local ABC, Radio National, ABC News radio, various commercial stations. Eddie Everywhere had nothing on Clive today. I hope he disappears as quickly as he's popped up. He sounds like a man about to have a heart attack, gabbling and gasping, and puffing while mangling the English language. I thought he was either (a)about to pass out, or (b) about to start screaming in pain.

Anyway, he was on about when/if he becomes Prime Minister. Clive, get some medication, get your breath back, and take a reality check. You're going to have candidates in all 150 seats? Gee, there'll be some loonies in that lot - if you can find them. Concentrate on getting that Chinese Titanic built and be quiet. Maybe we don't have much of a choice in the upcoming election, but you're no alternative. Maybe a few (what does REM call them? Neo-cons?) Neo-cons might drift your way, but preferences will go back to the usual suspects.

I don't think he'll even be an amusing diversion, and if he is as wound up and on the threshold of collapsing as he sounded today, he won't make it to September.

Edited by - Zac on 26 Apr 2013 15:41:35
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 26 Apr 2013 :  15:48:25  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Apparently he may struggle to have his Party name registered I just heard on ABC 24, there is another Party with a very similar name who got it in last week, they will not register 2 parties with similar names - bahahahaha, you stupid ****er Palmer

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Apr 2013 :  15:56:13  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He's a weight off the LNP shoulders that's for sure.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Apr 2013 :  19:53:44  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Clive might do a similar pitch to that of a school captain hopeful. "If you vote me in as your Prime Minister, I will give everyone a free ticket to Titanic 2"
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 26 Apr 2013 :  20:06:51  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

He maybe a weight off their shoulders but the LNP will be paying it's own bills at the next QLD election

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Apr 2013 :  22:55:25  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

He maybe a weight off their shoulders but the LNP will be paying it's own bills at the next QLD election

I see that you seem that you think you can have it both ways. Either the LNP should take Clive's views and his money or they shouldn't take either. I would rather they take nothing. His sense of self-entitlement is a disgrace.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 27 Apr 2013 :  21:16:26  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No what's a disgrace is how the LNP can climb into bed with some one like Clive and quite willingly take his money.

For the record Clive Palmer has more of a clue than all of Tony Blabbotts front bench put together

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 28 Apr 2013 :  07:34:41  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

No what's a disgrace is how the LNP can climb into bed with some one like Clive and quite willingly take his money.

For the record Clive Palmer has more of a clue than all of Tony Blabbotts front bench put together

Well you have certainly changed your tune since Palmer separated from the LNP. No more comparisons to the bad old days under Joh, eh?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 11.53 seconds.