V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Apr 2013 :  22:19:37  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, it can't.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 28 Apr 2013 :  22:30:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

No, it can't.

We'll see what happens. I know who I have my money on, especially given our fiscal climate

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  07:26:59  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

No, it can't.

We'll see what happens. I know who I have my money on, especially given our fiscal climate

Fiscal climate. This is only going to cost money to enforce it

What's next, Numb Nuts is going to sack all the crews out cutting the grass and the like and Langbroek will have all these naughty students out cutting grass and call it community service.

I know of 3 private schools around here that have the option of saturday dentention. None of them enforce it and kids have been suspended before they detained them on a saturday.

Instead of dreaming this sort of crap up, this useless ****ing government should stop playing politics and get onboard with O'Farrel and adopt the Gonski recommendations

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  08:24:04  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Do we need to sepersate off a Queensland thread? Have a State thread and a Federal maybe?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  08:42:20  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
... and a NSW thread and a Vic thread etc
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  08:51:50  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

No, it can't.

Fiscal climate. This is only going to cost money to enforce it

What's next, Numb Nuts is going to sack all the crews out cutting the grass and the like and Langbroek will have all these naughty students out cutting grass and call it community service.

I know of 3 private schools around here that have the option of saturday dentention. None of them enforce it and kids have been suspended before they detained them on a saturday.

Instead of dreaming this sort of crap up, this useless ****ing government should stop playing politics and get onboard with O'Farrel and adopt the Gonski recommendations

Only if Gillard wheels a nice wheelbarrow full of money up here which I doubt she will considering she doesn't like to even set foot in this state.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  09:38:53  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

... and a NSW thread and a Vic thread etc

No, as I said, a 'State' thread and a 'Federal' thread maybe

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  11:21:38  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/opinion/politics/abbott-not-gillard-is-the-true-class-warrior-20130428-2imis.html

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  11:24:45  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not al all surprising Albert

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  17:59:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you look at who wrote it, it does explain a few things including some of the mistakes about what is and what isn't coalition policy. For example and I could be corrected but I don't believe it's their policy to lower the tax free threshold.

The other examples mainly cite removing certain tax concessions for various groups both low and high income which suggests to me that they are trying to bring greater equality between all classes of people. If this is so, how could this be class warfare?

Taking money from one group to give it to another which is class warfare is something that Labor are famous for...

Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  18:26:13  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-29/gillard-flags-spending-cuts-tax-hikes/4657712

quote:
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has warned that "every reasonable option is on the table" as the Government grapples with funding multi-billion-dollar spending commitments in the face of plunging revenue.

I still cant understand how labor supporters still feel everything is going along so well and its just reported wrong?

Why do Labor just keep spending but then realise that the money they hoped was going to be there is not, and suddenly its back to taxing more to compensate. Sure its good to spend, but not with potential consequences that can easily happen.

I just don't get Labor...

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  18:45:17  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Libs can't leave the tax free threshold where it is if they remove the carbon price. What are they going to replace the lost revenue with?

And how is it equality if the top end super is not taxed but the low incomes are. Abbott wants to pay big business to reduce emission (if climate change is just hoohar why does the Libs even have their direct action policy?) where will this money come from, the tax payer. That is taking money from one class and giving to another.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  18:56:03  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Libs just have to stop all the spending and sit on it for a while. Its nice to have so many new spends, but we can live without many of them realistically for a few years surely...

Edited by - willsy on 29 Apr 2013 18:56:31
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  22:13:00  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

The Libs just have to stop all the spending and sit on it for a while. Its nice to have so many new spends, but we can live without many of them realistically for a few years surely...

The NBN for one - surely we can live without high speed broadband for another 10 yrs.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  22:56:13  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Yep, lets sit around with our thumbs up our ass and watch everything fall apart.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.12 seconds.