V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  01:45:56  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Defintely a surprise with Angry Anderson to contest the federal election as a nationals candidate.

http://www.skynews.com.au/national/article.aspx?id=869261

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  10:49:01  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hallelulah!!!!

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbusiness/aap/8653399/abbott-to-pull-plug-on-live-betting-ads
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  11:03:25  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw this earlier, its very well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3HtNCv3xvM

The seat of New England will be contested between Tony Windsor and Barnaby Joyce. That should be interesting.

Edited by - CP on 08 May 2013 15:18:18
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 May 2013 :  07:55:11  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's fun watching the Clive Palmer show. Maybe it's a Queensland thing. Pauline Hanson, Bob Katter, Clive Palmer...

Clive will get some disillusioned conservative voters, all of those people who have '**** Off, We're Full' stickers on their utes, probably some of those who will toss up between voting informal or voting for another right-wing nutter, and if he's lucky, a share of the donkey vote. He'll throw a lot of money at his effort, and some time down the track he'll have a moment of quiet reflection, and go back to concentrating on his 'Ship of Peace'.

BTW, has he got his party registered yet?

Edited by - Zac on 09 May 2013 07:56:42
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 09 May 2013 :  08:02:42  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He must have, he now has ads on TV.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 May 2013 :  08:10:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nope. I just checked. He's hoping to have enough members signed up to be able to register next Monday.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 09 May 2013 :  14:19:27  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Nope. I just checked. He's hoping to have enough members signed up to be able to register next Monday.

And on that note, Clive does have a fan, and that fan is Tony Windsor but one does wonder why Clive is in this part of the world?

New England MP Tony Windsor says he's not joining Clive Palmer's new political party today, but won't rule it out in the future if it's to help his mate.

Mining magnate and billionaire, Clive Palmer has formed the United Australia Party but has to jump through a few hoops first to register it with electoral authorities.

At a breakfast meeting between the two this morning in Tamworth, Mr Windsor says he will consider joining the party 'for a couple of weeks' to help Mr Palmer meet guidelines.

"Let's be clear, I have no intention of joining any political party today," Mr Windsor told The Northern Daily Leader.

But Mr Windsor believes there could be political forces at work trying to stop Mr Palmer from registering his United Australia Party name.

"If I get a sniff, what I'm getting now, that there is an attempt to stop that diversity of view being put out on the Australian political scene, then I'll do whatever I can to prevent that from happening," he said.

The New England MP says he's not phased by any potential criticism of the move if he joins the party for a few weeks.

"Not at all. I am standing for the election as an independent," he said.

"I don't agree with Clive Palmer on a lot of things, like the carbon tax, and he doesn't agree with me on everything."

See your ad here
The meeting is the second in as many weeks between the two in the New England seat.

Just last week they were spotted having dinner at a local motel in Glen Innes.

http://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/story/1489222/video-clive-palmer-meets-with-windsor-in-tamworth/?cs=12

And in other news, Julia got hit by a wayward Vegemite sandwich at a High School.
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 09 May 2013 :  15:41:17  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jeez, I hope the vegemite sandwich wasn't injured in any way.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 May 2013 :  19:00:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Absolutely love to see this get off the ground and be done properly.

http://tools.cairns.com.au//feeds/feed-story.php?news_id=54555472

Naplan in it's current guise is what happens when people who haven't got a clue get involved in the education of our young folk.

It's an absolute joke

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 11 May 2013 19:05:55
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 11 May 2013 :  20:18:35  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scary stuff if true, assuming that you do use Medicare.

PATIENTS may have to pay an extra $2.20 to see a doctor from November as fears mount the government will freeze Medicare rebates to fill a $17 billion budget black hole.

The Australian Medical Association yesterday called on the government to keep its "hands off Medicare'' as it reported speculation the government would freeze indexation of Medicare rebates to save $1.54 billion over the next four years.

"With the government looking at ways to reduce the Budget deficit, there is talk that they might freeze indexation of Medicare fees, in the same way that the Howard Government did in 1996,'' AMA president Dr Steve Hambleton said.

"The AMA calls on the government to rule out such a callous raid on vital health funding," he said.

Any short-term budget gain would have long term costs for the health system if people couldn't afford a doctors visit and early diagnosis was delayed, he said.

A spokesman for Health Minister Tanya Plibersek said yesterday the government did not comment on budget rumours.

Medicare rebates are usually indexed for inflation on November 1, the same day the AMA issues its annual fee rise schedule for doctors.

On average AMA fees have risen by around 3 per cent in the last eight years and the Medicare rebate has increased by around 2 per cent.

Freezing the Medicare rebate at is current level of $36.30 is likely to leave patients of a non-bulk-billing doctor facing a gap payment of $36.09 from November 1 , $2.20 higher than the current gap.

Other areas the government could find health savings in the budget include generic medicines.

The government has been paying chemists up to 80 per cent more than the market price for many generic medicines and economists have estimated it could save $1.8 billion a year if it rationalised the scheme.

A plan discussed between bureaucrats and medicine industry in the lead up to the budget would see all patients forced to use cheaper generic-brand medicines.

The Generic Medicines Industry Association, which is proposing the plan, also wants the patient charge for prescription medicine to be cut by 50 cents when patients choose the cheaper generic.

For pensioners the $5.90 co-payment for drugs supplied under the medicine subsidy scheme would fall to $5.50 under the proposal.

The $36.10 co-payment for general consumers would fall to $35.60.

Medicines Australia which represents the pharmaceutical companies that make the brand name drugs has warned any such cuts would breach a memorandum of understanding it had with the government guaranteeing price certainty for medicines.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/money/fears-of-freeze-on-medicare-rebates-to-fill-gillard-governments-budget-black-hole/story-fn84geaj-1226638918921
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 May 2013 :  20:30:02  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
$2.20 pfft - have no idea how much I get back because I don't check.
I just know it costs me a minimum of $65 to see my GP.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 11 May 2013 :  22:28:09  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
See that X LNP grub Peter Slipper has joined Clives party.

Bad move Clive should have let that clown die a slow death

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 May 2013 :  09:34:45  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

See that X LNP grub Peter Slipper has joined Clives party.

Bad move Clive should have let that clown die a slow death

Not anymore, Clive ripped his membership papers up.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 May 2013 :  22:12:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Slipper says he never joined. Who knows? Who cares?

BTW, it's now the 'Palmer Uniting Party', and Clive hopes to have it registered today. Today is the deadline for any party wanting to contest the Sept. 14 election. "The 'Palmer Uniting Party', heading nowhere FAST."

Edited by - Zac on 13 May 2013 07:46:30
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 May 2013 :  09:42:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Are we ready for the "Official Budget Bull****" this week?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 12.7 seconds.