V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 19 May 2013 :  13:55:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by willsy

I thought in general the public in QLD are now quite satisfied with Newman bigcol?

They are but some (mostly the rusted on labor supporters) just can't or won't ever support him.

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

It doesn't matter if you are deciding between buying a bar of chocolate or whether you want take out, it's all discretionary spending and it seems that this sort of spending is being harder to justify given the state of the economy and the pinch that some people are feeling.

That is nothing new and certainly not limited to the current government. And there is nothing in the Coalition locker to change that.

I agree it's nothing new - first really started when Rudd came to power

I've got family who are rusted on Nationals and even they're embarrassed by what's gone on in QLD

I'm not surprised with what Labor did to this state

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9920 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  08:18:02  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

1000 people in a poll is pretty decent I would of thought bigcol?
It sure is. It's the average sample size that the major polling companies use: Galaxy, Morgan, Nielsen, Newspoll - and all of them regularly get results within 1% accuracy. The methods of selecting those they poll ansures they don't get skewed results. They certainly don't select 1,000 people in Wahroonga and Vaucluse in Sydney and get a 90% Liberal preference, just as they don't select 1,000 people in Werribee, Point Cook and Laverton around Melbourne and get 90% Labor support.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22426 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  10:11:51  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very interesting article in the Financial Review last week about the real government debt as opposed to Swan's idea of debt.

http://www.afr.com/f/free/markets/market_wrap/debt_higher_than_budget_figures_KObS9sKEjTv5WShIW8ojNO
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  16:20:04  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Has Rudd got any dignity left in him? One moment he is a devout christian that attends church every Sunday and the next he supports gay marriage...WTF? It's like he has given up on trying to secure the support of one section of the community (the larger one - conservative christian right) to go after the left vote. Anything to get back in power

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5845 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  17:04:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Bundy, I don't want to shock you but marriage hasn't been soley religious for an awful long time, religion may have invented marriage, but it's not soley theirs

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  17:17:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Hey Bundy, I don't want to shock you but marriage hasn't been soley religious for an awful long time, religion may have invented marriage, but it's not soley theirs

For Rudd it is or I thought it was...obviously with Rudd appearances can be deceiving

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11207 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  18:42:32  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Has Rudd got any dignity left in him? One moment he is a devout christian that attends church every Sunday and the next he supports gay marriage...WTF? It's like he has given up on trying to secure the support of one section of the community (the larger one - conservative christian right) to go after the left vote. Anything to get back in power

What do religious preferences have to do with liking politicians?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5845 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  20:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

For Rudd it is or I thought it was...obviously with Rudd appearances can be deceiving

no secret here, I don't like Rudd, he is up to no good AGAIN!!!!

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16056 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  21:44:00  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Watched Mr Abbotts press conference today, he is a moron, had the head shakes and didn't know when to start talking!! ha ha

Even your god wont be able to save us from this idiot!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  21:55:42  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

What do religious preferences have to do with liking politicians?

Nothing. It's more the hypocrisy of changing position that we all thought he whole-heartedly believed in which was against gay marriage to in favour of it all for what I can only see is for political publicity purposes.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13395 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  21:58:44  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Australia needs to wake up to itself.

Just because you don't like spinach (Gillard) doesn't mean you have to eat ****(abbott)

Come Australia don't give this ****wit the power of the senate

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9920 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  07:24:21  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Everything is pointing to a Coalition win in the Lower House, but it is extremely unlikely that the Coalition will gain a majority in the Senate. There are 76 seats in the Senate (Labor 31, Coalition 34, Greens 9, DLP 1, Independent 1), and 40 will be contested this election. Currently, Labor with Greens support controls the Senate 40 to 34 with the DLP Senator and Independent Nick going either way. This election, 18 Labor, 18 Coalition, 3 Greens and Independent Nick are facing re-election. I'd say the 3 Greens and Nick Xenophon are shoe-ns, and it would take a major, major swing for the Coalition to gain the necessary seats from Labor to have a simple majority. Certainly a bigger swing than that being predicted in the Lower House.

On the spinach and other stuff: It's going to be one of them - and the spinach is off.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  17:06:42  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hope Abbott does something and gets chucked within 6 months. God help us if you think that idiot can fix anything. Only Turnbull can not break the country more.

quote:

Ah, now I see why you vote Liberal. You enjoy making other people miserable for no reason.

So who does it hurt when we have gay marriage?

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 23 May 2013 17:08:44
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  18:01:37  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV
quote:

Ah, now I see why you vote Liberal. You enjoy making other people miserable for no reason.

So who does it hurt when we have gay marriage?

I think I addressed this in my reply to CP's question.

But I'll repeat it for your benefit - I have no problem with anyone holding the view that supports gay marriage. I disagree with it but that doesn't take away from someone having the right to hold it.

A further issue I have and another line in the sand I draw is Rudd's case who for all intents and purposes I could gather was against gay marriage from mainly religious and political reasons (i.e. what the Labor right supported) and now has gone against these reasons to back it from what I can see are purely populist reasons.

In many ways I shouldn't be surprised as he has always been about himself and is a very shallow man but for a former PM to have such low principles is really inexcusable (and that's not about supporting gay marriage but the hypocrisy of his change in position to support it )

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5845 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  18:31:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I shouldn't be surprised as he has always been about himself and is a very shallow man but for a former PM to have such low principles is really inexcusable (and that's not about supporting gay marriage but the hypocrisy of his change in position to support it )

probably part of the reason the ALP flicked him (and were roundly criticised at the time, but that is a whole other issue

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.47 seconds.