V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11179 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  20:06:32  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The bloke who got the Northern Tableland seat was Adam Marshall, former mayor of Gunnedah. I wonder if Richard Torbay turned up to vote?
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13349 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  23:12:43  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Another Galaxy poll was published in the Courier Mail yesterday putting the LNP further in front at 57-43 two party preferred compared to 55-45 last poll. Only the most delusional would think that this poll does not reflect, as close as it could be, the public sentiment of Newman's performance.

Oh really
Here's the galaxy poll numbers taken straight from the Courier Mail dated the 25/5/13
If and election was held today, which one of the following would you vote for
Election March 2012........22-23 May 2013
LNP 49.7% ......................44%
ALP 26.7% ......................34%
Green 7.5% .......................8%
Katter 11.5%......................8%
Ind 4.6%.......................8%

Twp Party Preferred
LNP 62.8%.........................57%
ALP 37.2%.........................45%

That puts Bundys claim of putting the LNP further in front to bed.
Since when has dropping 6% points put you further in front.
They had a slight rise at the expense of the Katter party and that's about it

As far as Newmans satisfaction rating 50% of the people polled were dis-satisfied with his performance
44% are satisfied
6% are uncommitted
and 50% are dissatisfied

Now a swing of less than 6% will see Camby Pamby voted out by the good people of Ashgrove

Now there's no point putting Palaszuks approval in because we all know she won't be leader. I'm tipping the Labor party to have their leader sitting in the gallery just like numb nuts did
There's a couple of rumours going around that the LNP have put the hatchet away because of all the negativity they've created and it may adversely affect the federal election and that after the election there are plenty more public servants that are going to be facing the chop.

Numb Nuts Newmans popularity is going to look good after that

Now lets get onto the state budget. Yes the one the LNP told us would be in surplus.
Well guess what. It isn't
Maybe if these imbeciles didn't stall the QLD economy they may have kept the money rolling in.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 26 May 2013 23:23:38
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  23:54:20  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep thanks for confirming what I said that yesterday's Galaxy Poll published in the Courier Mail confirmed an increase in support for Newman from 55-45 to 57-43 from the last Galaxy poll and not the last election. Very solid numbers indeed despite what some might say around here

While we are looking at polls here is another one that will provide you with some nice bedtime reading. Your mate Rudd and Swan look in trouble.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/high-profile-mps-wayne-swan-and-kevin-rudd-vulnerable-at-election-as-labor-support-hits-21-month-low/story-e6freoof-1226650935644

BTW - did you happen to catch the front page of The Australian on the weekend?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12584 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  01:32:50  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/business/in-the-big-picture-luck-tax-cuts-tell-true-deficit-story-20130524-2k70m.html#ixzz2UO0CPtUn

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  08:36:38  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

http://www.smh.com.au/business/in-the-big-picture-luck-tax-cuts-tell-true-deficit-story-20130524-2k70m.html#ixzz2UO0CPtUn

Yes the Costello tax cuts that Swan thought were so bad to the budget's bottom line that he carried them on when he came into office

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9852 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  15:37:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

The bloke who got the Northern Tableland seat was Adam Marshall, former mayor of Gunnedah.
"The former mayor, 28 year old Adam Marshall". Am I getting old, or are mayors getting younger?
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  15:44:23  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Both.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12584 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  15:53:20  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Yes the Costello tax cuts that Swan thought were so bad to the budget's bottom line that he carried them on when he came into office

And yet Labor are branded "big taxing government", go figure.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  16:04:59  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

And yet Labor are branded "big taxing government", go figure.

Yep pretty much

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9852 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  16:30:30  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Both.
Oh, thanks. I was beginning to think so. I don't mind being older than the PM, or the American president, or being ten years older than the Premier, but when I'm double the age and can then add almost another ten years on an ex-Mayor MP, I'm starting to think you're right. Almost time to give up kart racing.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  16:33:05  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wasn't Latham around that age when he was Mayor of what was it Liverpool? How good did he turn out...

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13349 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  20:26:18  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Yep thanks for confirming what I said that yesterday's Galaxy Poll published in the Courier Mail confirmed an increase in support for Newman from 55-45 to 57-43 from the last Galaxy poll and not the last election. Very solid numbers indeed despite what some might say around here

While we are looking at polls here is another one that will provide you with some nice bedtime reading. Your mate Rudd and Swan look in trouble.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/high-profile-mps-wayne-swan-and-kevin-rudd-vulnerable-at-election-as-labor-support-hits-21-month-low/story-e6freoof-1226650935644

BTW - did you happen to catch the front page of The Australian on the weekend?

What are you telling me for.
I hope that ****tard Swan gets the boot. I'd even like Gillard to get the arse from her own seat, just like what happened to dip **** Howard.

All those clowns from western Sydney ALP and the rest of dead ****s that knifed Rudd deserve to booted.
Having said that Abbott should be shown the door as well. He's an imbecile

I don't get people like you. Labor Liberal doesn't matter which pack of arseholes you vote for they all have their own interests at heart.

These arseholes are just after big fat retirement packages and cushy jobs with companies that they've given favours too.

Round the lot of them up. Put them in parliament house. Lock the doors and set fire to the building.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9852 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  20:58:41  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now, now Col. Not too many asterisks in that post, but do I detect some underlying anger - or is it just a sense of futility?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  21:10:47  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol
I don't get people like you. Labor Liberal doesn't matter which pack of arseholes you vote for they all have their own interests at heart.

So true. So do the Greens, independents, Katters' mob, Palmer's mob, the list goes on...politics really comes down to which political party's 'own' interests will serve the country best.

Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8816 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 28 May 2013 :  06:32:41  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

So true. So do the Greens, independents, Katters' mob, Palmer's mob, the list goes on...politics really comes down to which political party's 'own' interests will serve the country best.

and thats the problem, the parties own interests never serve the interests of the country

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.91 seconds.