V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 May 2013 :  20:36:30  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev
Good to see old Tony do a back-flip on the SIGNED agreement he had with the Government over the $1 per vote thing (personally I didn't like it), but interesting to see him back-flip

May look bad the backflip but it was the right move. Deeply unpopular idea and pretty reckless too in this current economic climate.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 May 2013 :  20:55:55  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/doubledealing-reveals-abbotts-failings-20130530-2ndhc.html

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 May 2013 :  21:09:17  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One of the principal reasons I see as to why Labor was forging ahead with this policy of public funding to political parties is that it is suffering more in the accumulation of private donations compared to the Liberal party and they need this funding boost if they are going to remotely be able to promote the party's election promises anywhere near how they did the last election.

EDIT: You also have to wonder whether it is a last minute cash grab from the Labor party before they go into political exile and find it hard to attract private donations.

The Liberal party probably reneged from whatever agreement was struck to provide bi-partisan support in the knowledge that the Liberal party will be in a much stronger position for the next few years to come with its dominance of holding the Federal government and most of the State governments.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 30 May 2013 21:21:45
Go to Top of Page

GetThe
Team Manager

2571 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 30 May 2013 :  22:13:04  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Good to see old Tony do a back-flip on the SIGNED agreement he had with the Government over the $1 per vote thing (personally I didn't like it), but interesting to see him back-flip

May look bad the backflip but it was the right move. Deeply unpopular idea and pretty reckless too in this current economic climate.

Guess we won't be seeing Pauline Hansen back come election time now then Probably the only reason she kept popping back up every election because she wasn't a snowballs chance in hell of winning.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 May 2013 :  22:19:08  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

One of the principal reasons I see as to why Labor was forging ahead with this policy of public funding to political parties is that it is suffering more in the accumulation of private donations compared to the Liberal party and they need this funding boost if they are going to remotely be able to promote the party's election promises anywhere near how they did the last election.

EDIT: You also have to wonder whether it is a last minute cash grab from the Labor party before they go into political exile and find it hard to attract private donations.

The Liberal party probably reneged from whatever agreement was struck to provide bi-partisan support in the knowledge that the Liberal party will be in a much stronger position for the next few years to come with its dominance of holding the Federal government and most of the State governments.

That or it's afraid to open the books and reveal their funding sources.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  00:18:32  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

That or it's afraid to open the books and reveal their funding sources.

It's open for all to see as long as the donation meets the $10,000 threshold the last time I checked.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  07:01:38  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think the Government did it to expose Abbott for what he is, to 'test his mettle' so to speak, and he is found wanting.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  07:03:55  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well how about this donation

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/redcliffe-mp-scott-driscoll-made-50000-donation-to-lnp-less-than-month-after-suspicious-payment-to-family-company/story-e6freoof-1226654095998

The LNP don't have a clue
Middle and upper management survived Newmans cuts but they got rid of the workers and now they are hiring them back at what would be substaniately more cost

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/state-government-spending-hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars-on-labour-hire-every-month-after-sacking-public-servants/comments-e6freoof-1226654069332

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 31 May 2013 07:15:50
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  09:20:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Every and any government employee purge, regardless of which party holds the balance, has the same result Col.
That's nothing new.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  09:28:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I think the Government did it to expose Abbott for what he is, to 'test his mettle' so to speak, and he is found wanting.

It seems to me that this was firstly a backroom deal between the two parties' bosses but once shown to the public it was quickly denounced and Abbott has rightly moved to allay those fears.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  19:31:44  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

It seems to me that this was firstly a backroom deal between the two parties' bosses but once shown to the public it was quickly denounced and Abbott has rightly moved to allay those fears.

Yeah right. Abbott was on the band wagon as it was a funding increase, but as usual it wasn't until the party actually read the bill that they would be caught out.

On another note...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/144785539/Rob-Oakeshott-responds-to-Christopher-Pyne

LNP and Murdoch press caught out again .

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  20:50:54  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah right. Abbott was on the band wagon as it was a funding increase, but as usual it wasn't until the party actually read the bill that they would be caught out.

That's one way of looking at it. My way is that the parties designed the policy, agreed to it, then presented it to the public and ultimately they rejected it and then Abbott retracted his support because of that. Isn't that how democracy is meant to work?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 01 Jun 2013 :  03:43:16  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The "public" were against the pay increases granted to MPs yet Abbott and co gladly stuck their hand out...twice.

The "public" are for Labors NBN yet we are going to get and out dated, half assed job under Abbott and co.

I have a bridge in Sydney to sell you bundy.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Jun 2013 :  11:25:03  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The "public" were against the pay increases granted to MPs yet Abbott and co gladly stuck their hand out...twice.

You mean Abbott and Gillard right?

You can ridicule politicians all you like but at the end of the day if you don't provide pay increases to them that are in-line with what similar positions are earning in the private sector we are going to be left with the inferior running the country.

quote:
The "public" are for Labors NBN yet we are going to get and out dated, half assed job under Abbott and co.

So-called 'half assed' job that will at least have a better chance of being delivered on budget than Gillard's NBN. Not to mention not hitching us to a technology that may become out-dated in the next 10 years as opposed to wireless.

quote:
I have a bridge in Sydney to sell you bundy.

Well since I live in Brisbane, no thanks

Going back to public political funding, this proposal from the Labor party is a sign of a desperate party that needs cash before all the wells dry up post-election.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Jun 2013 :  12:32:03  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Abbott was all for it until he was told he didn't have the support of his own party.
The he did a back flip worthy of an Olympic competition.

Public servants have nothing to fear under a LNP government.
More cuts are on the way

We will be keeping a cap on cost of living expenses
So Numb Nuts is that a 22% cap on electricity costs or just another LNP lie

get ready Australia your day is coming for life under Abbott

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 01 Jun 2013 12:33:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.89 seconds.