V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Jun 2013 :  20:46:19  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I love this "illegal immigrant" and "stop the boats" stuff, has anyone been watching the stream of people coming out of Syria into a neighbouring country at 1,000 per day, there are 150,000 so far, how do you reckon Tony would deal with that, we don't have a big problem at all, just a political football

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Jun 2013 :  22:49:30  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Geez I hope Rudd's national tour includes my electorate of Bowman - I just have to be there to hear him speak. He's such a honourable man.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 08 Jun 2013 22:49:44
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 09 Jun 2013 :  08:16:04  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Geez I hope Rudd's national tour includes my electorate of Bowman - I just have to be there to hear him speak. He's such a honourable man.

Well..if honor rates with you...at least..to my knowledge....he's never physically intimidated any women!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 09 Jun 2013 :  11:38:22  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well you'd be more likely to see him then your local Member Andrew Laming.

You'd have to wonder if Laming the lemon still even lives in the Redlands.

Maybe he should make sure his accounts are up to date

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 09 Jun 2013 :  13:23:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

Well you'd be more likely to see him then your local Member Andrew Laming.

You'd have to wonder if Laming the lemon still even lives in the Redlands.

Maybe he should make sure his accounts are up to date

I do feel a bit sorry for Briskey - putting his hand up again only to have his chances shot down by Gillard and Co.

It is looking more and more likely that Rudd will be 'installed' again as PM as the labor party factional warlords look to limit the party's losses at the upcoming election. If they were to do this, I can see Shorten replacing Rudd shortly after the election as the factions shuffle the deckchairs again.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  18:25:10  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Julia is that selfish that she will lead Labor to the biggest obliteration in its history, and the labor headshed are prepared to let her do that, Labor will get exactly what it deserves in the next election.

Either she goes or Labor ceases to be a serious political party in this country: simple really.

Its either Rudd or Shorten, the rest are done!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  18:35:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Shorten will be the new leader after the election and not before.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  19:11:48  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The electorate scream for viable alternatives to the major parties yet they are going to give themselves even less choice.

One of the dumbest arguments I heard the other day was a coupe not doing so well and complaining it all Labors fault. When told the Libs are also cutting back and support Labors budget, their response was they can afford to do it tougher. Suckers!

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  21:59:03  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's refreshing to see such honesty from Latham on Q & A tonight

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  06:46:49  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't see Q&A, but I do like Latham, he has always spoken a lot of sense, he pissed to party off coz he wouldn't play their politics so they crucified him internally and to the media.

His book is a great read

Edited by - Trev on 11 Jun 2013 06:47:22
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  10:18:16  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I didn't see Q&A, but I do like Latham, he has always spoken a lot of sense, he pissed to party off coz he wouldn't play their politics so they crucified him internally and to the media.

Rudd has launched a 'jihad of revenge' on Gillard ever since he was dumped, that he is 'evil', every time he speaks to the press he knows that he is 'bringing Julia down a notch' - just some of his quotes on the Labor leadership dilemma.

Another thing was, and to his credit, that he acknowledged that Howard got it right with his border security policies. This was a pretty big admission I thought...

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  10:21:55  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is the ALP imploding again??????????????
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  14:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Latham is certainly NOT associated with the Labor Party anymore LG, he is just in interested observer.

He has disliked Rudd for years, he was scathing of Rudd in his book, blaming Rudd back then for all the leaks to the media and for undermining him when he was leader. Rudd is a scumbag, they did the right thing by dumping him as PM

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  15:45:10  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wasn't really referring to Latham as I hadn't seen it or read anything about what he said.
It was more this ugly leadership question popping up again with "chickens scratching" everywhere trying to defuse, refute, fully support the rumours/innuendo/leader...
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  16:05:56  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
She has the support of the Party, Rudd knows that, the rest really need to shut up and get on with governing

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.38 seconds.