.1.:1: V8Central Forums - General Libs vs ALP Thread
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  00:21:45  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
FFS get over your ****. You'd have to be complete ****ing idiot to agree with questions like that.
I don't like her one bit but she deserves a lot more respect than she's getting from these Tony Abbott loving cock suckers

That's like me saying your dad is a poof because he had you.

What sort of germ would carry on with that line of questioning.

These ****wit shock jocks should be taken off the air permanently.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  03:34:52  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

FFS get over your ****. You'd have to be complete ****ing idiot to agree with questions like that.
I don't like her one bit but she deserves a lot more respect than she's getting from these Tony Abbott loving cock suckers

That's like me saying your dad is a poof because he had you.

What sort of germ would carry on with that line of questioning.

These ****wit shock jocks should be taken off the air permanently.

So he should get fired over it?

I'm pretty sure he prefaced it to not be taken seriously - anyone got the transcript?

As I said already despite the alleged bad-mouthing of Gillard's partner, she still comes off better than had she not taken the interview in the first place.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  08:06:08  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was a ridiculous line of questioning. It was demeaning to the office of Prime Minister, and demeaning to Julia Gillard. Just cheap, nasty stuff - and treated with disdain (and class at the same time) by the PM. So Howard Sattler got the sack. At least for his swansong he finally got the attention he's been craving after ratings oblivion for years.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  08:33:14  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

It was a ridiculous line of questioning. It was demeaning to the office of Prime Minister, and demeaning to Julia Gillard. Just cheap, nasty stuff - and treated with disdain (and class at the same time) by the PM. So Howard Sattler got the sack. At least for his swansong he finally got the attention he's been craving after ratings oblivion for years.

Disrespectful to the office of PM per se? Yes...but we also have to be careful in that Gillard along with her predecessor Rudd open themselves up to these kind of awkward situations more than any other PM in the past just because of the sheer nature of agreeing to be on these kinds of 'lewd' programs.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  08:55:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No matter how you put it, it was ridiculous and demeaning questioning. Agreeing to be interviewed on talk-back radio doesn't mean having to put up with rubbish like that.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  09:10:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Bit tough on that WA radio presenter being sacked after asking Gillard whether her partner is gay - either way this sort of thing works to her advantage.

Absolutely deserved what he got!
It was not a line of questioning that showed any respect at all to the office of Prime Minister.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  12:44:35  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Disrespectful to the office of PM per se? Yes...but we also have to be careful in that Gillard along with her predecessor Rudd open themselves up to these kind of awkward situations more than any other PM in the past just because of the sheer nature of agreeing to be on these kinds of 'lewd' programs.

What a load of ****.

These idiots are walking headlines, trying pass themselves off as the moral compasses of this world. Alan Jones is one of them. After his public toilet appearances he should be the last to comment.
Truth of the matter is they're just low life dead ****s.

Seems rife in the lieberal party after the Restaurant owner and the Lieberals got together to match their stories.
Now this dirt bag was hosting another Lieberal party function till he made an arse of himself.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  08:35:10  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Bit tough on that WA radio presenter being sacked after asking Gillard whether her partner is gay - either way this sort of thing works to her advantage.

are you serious, do you just post this garbage to get a rise?

He deserves to be sacked, the line of questioning was totally disrespectful to the office of the Prime Minster - full stop.

Tim Mathieson comes from the town where I live and gay homosexual he isn't I can tell you, Google his daughter for a start.

from Wikipedia "Mathieson is a divorcÚ with three adult children. He was previously married to Diane Stark, with whom he had two children. Mathieson also fathered a daughter in his late teens."

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 17 Jun 2013 08:39:39
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  10:08:37  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Polls have now dropped to even lower levels for labor. I still find it amazing they have put egos in front of realization of what the public is wanting from them. What a mess...

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  10:26:42  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Polls have now dropped to even lower levels for labor. I still find it amazing they have put egos in front of realization of what the public is wanting from them. What a mess...

I think the machinations are in play right now to bounce Julia Simon.

It will be political suicide for Labor to go to the election with her as the boss.

I am still dumb-founded as to why the Labor heavies are backing a losing horse at the expence of their own parties future!

Should could be gone by Wednesday?

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  10:33:41  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IF that's the case M, it would be a poisoned chalice for whoever takes over.
Personally, I'd like to see her stay on just so she can finally see the damage she has done.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  10:45:00  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

are you serious, do you just post this garbage to get a rise?

He deserves to be sacked, the line of questioning was totally disrespectful to the office of the Prime Minster - full stop.

Tim Mathieson comes from the town where I live and gay homosexual he isn't I can tell you, Google his daughter for a start.

from Wikipedia "Mathieson is a divorcÚ with three adult children. He was previously married to Diane Stark, with whom he had two children. Mathieson also fathered a daughter in his late teens."

I'm not saying he is gay but have you ever heard of fathers and husbands like this hiding a secret life?

There have been rumours doing the rounds in the press gallery about Mathieson's sexual orientation for the last few years, so as much as it sounds crude to say, it was a chance for Gillard to dispell it.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  11:32:52  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

it was a chance for Gillard to dispell it.

and she did, but you still bring it up FFS

These are the same rumours about Gillards sexual orientation, sneaky bustards (like Brough and Pyne) will do anything to dis-credit them

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  11:54:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

it was a chance for Gillard to dispell it.

and she did, but you still bring it up FFS

Exactly. There was a point to it all although it was viewed as unacceptable by many. Did he deserve to get sacked over it? 6PR thought so...

EDIT: What an absolute joke! Just heard Rudd on the news saying that he 'is going to do everything he can to stop Abbott from being elected PM' - then why don't you challenge the PM again? You appear to have the support of the public!

Edited by - bundy5 on 17 Jun 2013 12:03:55
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  12:24:14  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Exactly. There was a point to it all although it was viewed as unacceptable by many. Did he deserve to get sacked over it? 6PR thought so...
I do no not know Tim Mathieson personally, but I know plenty of people who do and they ALL say it is a crock of ****, a beat up by those in the Liberal Party and their right wing media contacts

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.25 seconds.