V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  14:41:11  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5
EDIT: What an absolute joke! Just heard Rudd on the news saying that he 'is going to do everything he can to stop Abbott from being elected PM' - then why don't you challenge the PM again? You appear to have the support of the public!



Seriously, if the party wanted Rudd, the last two leadership spills would have gone in his favour and not won on a landslide Gillards way.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  15:33:07  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

What an absolute joke! Just heard Rudd on the news saying that he 'is going to do everything he can to stop Abbott from being elected PM' - then why don't you challenge the PM again? You appear to have the support of the public!

Surely you MUST understand how Australian politics work, I don't have to explain that the Leader is elected by the Party not the general public do I?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  16:46:24  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

What an absolute joke! Just heard Rudd on the news saying that he 'is going to do everything he can to stop Abbott from being elected PM' - then why don't you challenge the PM again? You appear to have the support of the public!

Surely you MUST understand how Australian politics work, I don't have to explain that the Leader is elected by the Party not the general public do I?



I know that. My point is that he must practice what he preaches and the only way that will happen is if he challenges Gillard as it doesn't look like she is just going to hand it over.

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Exactly. There was a point to it all although it was viewed as unacceptable by many. Did he deserve to get sacked over it? 6PR thought so...
I do no not know Tim Mathieson personally, but I know plenty of people who do and they ALL say it is a crock of ****, a beat up by those in the Liberal Party and their right wing media contacts



You know plenty of people that know Mathieson personally? Personal enough beyond any possible relationship other than with Gillard? I doubt it.

As I said the rumours about Mathieson have been circulating the press galleries for awhile now, so it was a good chance for the PM to clear the air which she did.

EDIT: reports are out that Rudd has the numbers so again practice what you preach Rudd and challenge so that you are doing everything you can to not have Abbott as PM.


To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 17 Jun 2013 19:41:12
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  16:54:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am actually interested to see how this all pans out, I think she is the best person to lead the Party, the public doesn't, (actually mostly men don't).

Does she do what the public wants and possible get the party re-elected or does she do what the Party wants and stay on as the potential losing leader.

Personally I think she should do what is best for the Party, but she will be crucified by the Party and they won't be happy handing over to Rudd who has virtually no support within the Party. It is a lose-lose all round really.

Again, I think she is by far the better choice of the 2. I hate Rudd, he is a blabbering parasite.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  20:59:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am actually interested to see how this all pans out, I think she is the best person to lead the Party, the public doesn't, (actually mostly men don't).

Does she do what the public wants and possible get the party re-elected or does she do what the Party wants and stay on as the potential losing leader.

Personally I think she should do what is best for the Party, but she will be crucified by the Party and they won't be happy handing over to Rudd who has virtually no support within the Party. It is a lose-lose all round really.

Again, I think she is by far the better choice of the 2. I hate Rudd, he is a blabbering parasite.



I don't know of a single female who likes her or thinks she's doing a good job.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  06:02:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, but you are from Queensland or should I say Ruddland

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  07:13:29  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Labor quandary: Stick with Gillard and head for electoral oblivion, or switch to Rudd (again) and make a contest out of it. There's a lot of Labor back-benchers about to lose their seats, who although they support Julia and can't stand Kevin, might well take the pragmatic view (there's that word again) and support a switch. The tricky bit is: How to go about it. Also, despite his protestations, does Kevin really want the job now? He (being the kind of person he is) may well prefer to see Labor lose, as well as see some of his detractors (like Wayne Swan) lose their seats, and then sweep back in as the born again Labor hero. I'd say the chance of a switch to Kevin before the election is around 50%. Let's see.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  07:16:06  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am actually interested to see how this all pans out, I think she is the best person to lead the Party, the public doesn't, (actually mostly men don't).

Does she do what the public wants and possible get the party re-elected or does she do what the Party wants and stay on as the potential losing leader.

Personally I think she should do what is best for the Party, but she will be crucified by the Party and they won't be happy handing over to Rudd who has virtually no support within the Party. It is a lose-lose all round really.

Again, I think she is by far the better choice of the 2. I hate Rudd, he is a blabbering parasite.



I don't know of a single female who likes her or thinks she's doing a good job.



I think the majority that I know supporty her.....a couple of exemptions..

Abbott on the other hand.......


Hearing stories that a major curve ball will be coming in ensuing weeks....watch this space!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 18 Jun 2013 07:20:35
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  07:49:25  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's got to be something coming. No matter what some of us might think about the collective intelligence of Labor politicians, they're not going to keep heading for what looks like an epic wipeout against what should be an almost non-competitive opponent without doing something major.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  07:58:01  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5


There have been rumours doing the rounds in the press gallery about Mathieson's sexual orientation for the last few years, so as much as it sounds crude to say, it was a chance for Gillard to dispell it.



and more than likely being feed this trash through the liberal party spin doctors.
Bought to you by the same party that had Trevor Ashby making all those wild claims against that other Liberal reject Slipper
It's offensive and it's out of line.


Rudd would be an absolute fool to take over the leadership.
The labor bosses have put the party into this position when they knifed him. They've made the bed
If he becomes leader he will still have a lot of these germs that knifed him in parliament.

On the other hand, if he takes over, it's line ball on who will win the election and if he does take over it may force the Liberals to re-think their front bench and show Baloney Tony the door

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 18 Jun 2013 08:06:22
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  08:28:56  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rudd comes over as a vindictive little bastard so I rekon he will wait until the party is destroyed in the election, then take over and boot the people responsible for the bloood bath.


New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver



Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  08:40:14  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am actually interested to see how this all pans out, I think she is the best person to lead the Party, the public doesn't, (actually mostly men don't).




When I saw the poll pop on TV yesterday it showed Labors support has dropped to 29%. They said only 24% of support were from Men, and 34% from the Female side.

You appear correct in that more Females are supporting Labor than Males which you can assume is the Julia factor. Its still though not a lot of female support for the party anyway.


Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  10:52:28  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

There's got to be something coming. No matter what some of us might think about the collective intelligence of Labor politicians, they're not going to keep heading for what looks like an epic wipeout against what should be an almost non-competitive opponent without doing something major.



A 'non-competitive' opponent?

The same opponent that took down Rudd, that nearly took down Gillard first time but was rescued by a few independents and is looking like doing the final job on her in the next couple of weeks if the rumours are true that Rudd is about to take over.

The bounce in the polls that the interest in Rudd's return has generated will dissipate when the public realise that he is just another face to this incompetent government.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 18 Jun 2013 10:53:39
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  11:21:55  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If they flick Gillard the independents will walk, they said so ages ago, their agreement was with Gillard not Rudd

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver



Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  11:34:54  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was that not support Labor Trev, or be open to negotiate again?


Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.88 seconds.