V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  12:43:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They have said that their agreement was with Gillard, no-one else

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  13:13:16  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thats obvious Trev, but does that mean they will not negotiate with anyone else if she leaves, or they will then be open for new negotiations including with Rudd?

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  13:14:00  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not that it matters. Once parliament rises at the end of next week, the "independents" won't wield any power over what Labor does.

Bundy, my words were "what should be an almost non-competitive opponent", not "a non-competitive opponent". The Coalition is only looking good because with Labor so on the nose atm, anything and anyone looks better. Despite your glowing endorsement, Tony Abbott is only marginally more appealing to voters than Julia. Anything he has achieved electorally has been by default only.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  13:25:48  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As an opponent, the opposition has been very good at, well, opposing the government and keeping them accountable. They have been awfully competitive in that area.

As for a future government, Abbott is not an inspirational choice to have lead the nation, but so far he has done his job at hand very well. C'mon Malcolm, step up to the plate now :)

Edited by - willsy on 18 Jun 2013 13:26:28
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  14:50:17  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It will be interesting IF Labor change to Rudd for a couple of reasons:

1. What polling will show

2. What the Libs do

3. What the independents do, but if they change after Parliament rises then 'who cares' what they think, maybe the ALP will wait till then

Personally I reckon it will happen, I reckon she will step aside of her own volition, she is that sort of person, she will put the Party first.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  14:56:43  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

It will be interesting IF Labor change to Rudd for a couple of reasons:

1. What polling will show

2. What the Libs do

3. What the independents do, but if they change after Parliament rises then 'who cares' what they think, maybe the ALP will wait till then

Personally I reckon it will happen, I reckon she will step aside of her own volition, she is that sort of person, she will put the Party first.

Trev could you call me an ambulance please?
I just fell off my chair laughing so much, I think I've done some serious damage!
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  14:57:06  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Its rather sad that the party and party leader most likely to win the election, doesn't offer anything worth noting and will win a large percentage of seats.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  15:05:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Trev could you call me an ambulance please?
I just fell off my chair laughing so much, I think I've done some serious damage!

Surely she will be realising that the public don't like her, surely should will fall on her sword, I don't want her to, but I think it is for the better of the Party even though I hate Rudd with a passion.

But he would be a vindictive little **** and say no and watch the Party sink out of petty nastiness, just so he could thumb his nose and say I told you so

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  16:09:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Party's sinking anyway - but it can be refloated. Whatever happens between Rudd and Gillard - or any alternative compromise/choice, unless they can kiss and make up, Labor won't win with either/any of them. Australia won't elect any party so hopelessly split. Yes, it's Kevin's fault it's the way it is, but without unity, they're gone. Add in the other problems, and they're gooorrne. Beattie's idea of recruiting Hawkie to broker a peace deal has merit, but Bob's not interested. I'll do my bit by voting Labor for the House of Reps. Only because I live in a safe Liberal seat, and I won't vote for the sitting member. Little conniving, branch-stacking Alex Hawke (no relation). He'll still get at least 67% while the Labor candidate will get around 23%. The remaining 10% will go to a Green or Christian Democrat. I won't be voting for them.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  16:17:39  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why is it Rudds fault?
Didn't the party elect him to be their leader?
Surely they would have known his traits then?

I would have thought it was the fault of the caucus and those "nameless background but ever so important and influential" people!
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  16:34:12  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Because three years ago (almost to the day), Julia Gillard challenged him for the leadership (just as Kevin challenged Kim Beazley previously), and Kevin saw the numbers and retreated. Julia was elected leader, but he's been bitter about it ever since. If he'd knuckled down as a team player, Labor wouldn't have the split it has now.

I'm agreeing with Trev. Time to stop.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  16:45:58  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

those "nameless background but ever so important and influential" people!

seriously LG, I get sick of this nameless / faceless garbage, they were not nameless or faceless, in fact 99% of them were elected Government Reps either in State or Federal with the exception of probably Paul Howes and he is no shy little flower, it was Rudd's swipe and his words and they were wrong then just as they are now

Edited by - Trev on 18 Jun 2013 16:47:53
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  18:26:16  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This really is worth a listen to!....one very sensible, insightful balanced man: http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2013/s3783768.htm

Oh and Zac...'if' you were responding to me earlier about the curve ball....wrong side of politics!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 18 Jun 2013 18:28:13
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  19:13:07  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Intersting that holden workers are voting on a pay decrease to keep their jobs...and the unions legal arm is not doing a thing

i thought labour was for blue collar workers ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  19:59:29  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Not sure T1, but I'm guessing Labor would rather see Holden workers keep their jobs on reduced pay as opposed to Ford workers who are going to have no job and no income.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.61 seconds.