V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Madaz
Team Manager



Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  19:41:39  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Has anyone else noticed the Libs especially Abbott seem to be delibrately wearing blue ties every day after Gillard's infamous comments.



2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  20:09:05  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
rudd too

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  20:18:04  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz


Has anyone else noticed the Libs especially Abbott seem to be delibrately wearing blue ties every day after Gillard's infamous comments.




Earlier in the year Abbott made it a policy to wear blue ties.

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5



Well do you see me post any Piers Ackerman or Andrew Bolt articles?




Did I accuse you of such?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 22 Jun 2013 20:20:04
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  21:15:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Madaz


Has anyone else noticed the Libs especially Abbott seem to be delibrately wearing blue ties every day after Gillard's infamous comments.




Earlier in the year Abbott made it a policy to wear blue ties.


And Labor MPs tend to prefer red ties. What's the big deal anyway?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 23 Jun 2013 :  10:03:47  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Madaz


Has anyone else noticed the Libs especially Abbott seem to be delibrately wearing blue ties every day after Gillard's infamous comments.




Earlier in the year Abbott made it a policy to wear blue ties.


And Labor MPs tend to prefer red ties. What's the big deal anyway?

It is no big deal but Abbott held a press conference over it.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  12:28:09  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I ****ing give up, what is wrong with these ****ers inside the Labor Party, why are they so intent on ****ing the Party so much, I am really srarting to get over it.

**** Rudd, the slimey little worm

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 24 Jun 2013 12:29:30
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  12:32:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I ****ing give up, what is wrong with these ****ers inside the Labor Party, why are they so intent on ****ing the Party so much, I am really srarting to get over it.

**** Rudd, the slimey little worm



Well said but I do believe it's all about trying to save their political backsides now.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  14:08:16  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is coming across to me and many other supporters are political suicide, they have no-one else to blame for the annihilation than themselves.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  14:16:32  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

It is coming across to me and many other supporters are political suicide, they have no-one else to blame for the annihilation than themselves.



To be fair, it was to be political suicide anyway with Gillard at the helm. With Rudd as leader, at least some Labor MPs can be rest assured that they will be saved from having to take the drop.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager



Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  14:53:57  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What we are currently seeing from Labor is political revenge at its best.

The Rudd camp hates the Gillard camp and Rudd himself seems intent on making sure Gillard gets absolutely smashed in the election as revenge for backstabbing him.


2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  15:05:45  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

What we are currently seeing from Labor is political revenge at its best.

The Rudd camp hates the Gillard camp and Rudd himself seems intent on making sure Gillard gets absolutely smashed in the election as revenge for backstabbing him.




What? Rudd is taking over at the end of the week...haven't you been reading the papers?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  15:32:29  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/rudd-to-blame-for-labor-disaster-says-gillard-poll-review-20130623-2oqrk.html

Key points from that report:

1) Primary vote
Labor 29% Coalition 48%

2) Two party preferred
Labor 43% Coalition 57%

3) Preferred PM
Gillard 33% Abbott 45%

4) "What the polls do not factor in though, is the negative impact of a series of political blunders and tactical errors by Labor which have rocked the confidence of MPs in Ms Gillard's political judgement and brought the government into disrepute. Labor is now all but consumed by its own troubles."

Whatever happens now with the Labor leadership, Labor will lose. Those figures, which have been getting steadily, inexorably worse, can't be turned around into a winning position (with around 80 days to polling day), no matter what. Once again, we'll go to the polls to prove that Australians don't vote Governments in. Australians vote Governments out. Tony Abbott and the Coalition don't deserve government. It's just that Labor deserves government a lot less.

Edited by - Zac on 24 Jun 2013 15:33:57
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  15:42:18  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/rudd-to-blame-for-labor-disaster-says-gillard-poll-review-20130623-2oqrk.html

Key points from that report:

1) Primary vote
Labor 29% Coalition 48%

2) Two party preferred
Labor 43% Coalition 57%

3) Preferred PM
Gillard 33% Abbott 45%

4) "What the polls do not factor in though, is the negative impact of a series of political blunders and tactical errors by Labor which have rocked the confidence of MPs in Ms Gillard's political judgement and brought the government into disrepute. Labor is now all but consumed by its own troubles."

Whatever happens now with the Labor leadership, Labor will lose. Those figures, which have been getting steadily, inexorably worse, can't be turned around into a winning position (with around 80 days to polling day), no matter what. Once again, we'll go to the polls to prove that Australians don't vote Governments in. Australians vote Governments out. Tony Abbott and the Coalition don't deserve government. It's just that Labor deserves government a lot less.



Did we vote Rudd in in 07?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager



Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  15:53:51  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

No we voted Howard out. Right out!

When was the last time a sitting prime minister didn't even hold his own seat in parliament?



2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  15:59:11  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz


No we voted Howard out. Right out!

When was the last time a sitting prime minister didn't even hold his own seat in parliament?




Well if Rudd takes the top job again, hopefully the public can do the same to him as they did to Howard

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.81 seconds.