V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  16:16:35  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Rudd gets the helm, then for the first time in my voting life I will look elsewhere to give my vote and I can tell you right now it will NOT be going to the Liberals / National Party or the Greens

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  23:13:31  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Labor is stuck between a Rudd and a hard place!!

They are gone no matter is running the show.

Its a shame Malcolm Turnbull isn't going to challenge Abbott again, he is a far more likeable and intelligent man than Abbott, who is a moron!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  06:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Rudd thinks by doing what he is doing he is gaining support of the Party he must be dreaming, there would be people who would swing towards him to save their arses, but come post September 14 they will drop him like a hot potato, he is toxic and those inside the Party know it. Combet, Plibersek or Shorten will be leader, and yes I am conceding that Labor will not win the next election and they have no-one to blame but Rudd and his (on again - off again) mates

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 25 Jun 2013 06:47:01
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  07:45:48  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am conceding that Labor will not win the next election and they have no-one to blame but Rudd and his (on again - off again) mates
Blaming Labor's disastrous polling and virtually certain defeat at the next election just on Rudd is to forget everything else that has made Labor so 'on the nose' with voters. Unless by "his on again - off again mates" you mean the rest of the Labor Party. I could list many reasons for Labor's current standing without mentioning Kevin Rudd - and I have before. Kevin's behaviour isn't helping, but things have been toxic for years now. During and since Kevin was PM. Labor has fallen a long way since the heady days of Hawke and Keating - and they certainly had their public differences. Things are even worse when you look at the Opposition. Labor should be able to ride roughshod over the Opposition while still having leadership squabbles. Abbott isn't even a pale imitation of Howard as a leader, and Hockey seems to know as much about financial management of the nation as I do - and I could go on about most of the Opposition's front bench. We'll have to see what kind of a PM Abbott will be, but it's not looking good - yet he's miles in front of Gillard, and the Coalition is miles in front of the ALP. Blaming all that on Rudd is to ignore all of Labor's failings. Well, they've got two main failings: Everything they say, and everything they do. Telling us about all the legislation that they have passed counts for nothing. 90+% of that stuff goes through almost automatically. Everything else has been a disaster. The worst government and worst leader in my lifetime (with the possible exception of Billy MacMahon - and he's starting to look good by comparison). Nothing to do with being a woman, and everything to do with bad government.

Edited by - Zac on 25 Jun 2013 07:47:48
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  10:52:36  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am conceding that Labor will not win the next election and they have no-one to blame but Rudd and his (on again - off again) mates
Blaming Labor's disastrous polling and virtually certain defeat at the next election just on Rudd is to forget everything else that has made Labor so 'on the nose' with voters. Unless by "his on again - off again mates" you mean the rest of the Labor Party. I could list many reasons for Labor's current standing without mentioning Kevin Rudd - and I have before. Kevin's behaviour isn't helping, but things have been toxic for years now. During and since Kevin was PM. Labor has fallen a long way since the heady days of Hawke and Keating - and they certainly had their public differences. Things are even worse when you look at the Opposition. Labor should be able to ride roughshod over the Opposition while still having leadership squabbles. Abbott isn't even a pale imitation of Howard as a leader and Hockey seems to know as much about financial management of the nation as I do - and I could go on about most of the Opposition's front bench. We'll have to see what kind of a PM Abbott will be, but it's not looking good - yet he's miles in front of Gillard, and the Coalition is miles in front of the ALP. Blaming all that on Rudd is to ignore all of Labor's failings. Well, they've got two main failings: Everything they say, and everything they do. Telling us about all the legislation that they have passed counts for nothing. 90+% of that stuff goes through almost automatically. Everything else has been a disaster. The worst government and worst leader in my lifetime (with the possible exception of Billy MacMahon - and he's starting to look good by comparison). Nothing to do with being a woman, and everything to do with bad government.



So you thought Howard would do a good job back in 96?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  15:08:57  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The only way the Libs would ever get my vote is Turnbull running the show.

Abbott, jesus christ, I hope the country survives, what an embarrassment.


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 online

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  18:39:29  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw this on a friends Facebook page. "Voting for Abbott because you don't like Gillard is like eating **** because you don't like broccoli"
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager



Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  19:48:41  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

I saw this on a friends Facebook page. "Voting for Abbott because you don't like Gillard is like eating **** because you don't like broccoli"





2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  20:37:11  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OMG Gillard posed for a photo this week....Oh the humanity!!!

Got good laugh at the media back-pedalling over the "leadership issues". Rudd has "run out of steam, it's all over". Probably because the "issue" was a beat up from the start. Maybe, just maybe Labor were telling the truth when they said it was settled in March.

If Gillard walked on water, it would be reported she failed to swim.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager



Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  20:46:44  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm no fan of Gillard but exactly when did doing a photo shoot for a women's magazine while demonstrating your favourite hobby (knitting) become political and sinister?



2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion

Edited by - Madaz on 25 Jun 2013 20:49:09
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jun 2013 :  22:23:36  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am conceding that Labor will not win the next election and they have no-one to blame but Rudd and his (on again - off again) mates
Blaming Labor's disastrous polling and virtually certain defeat at the next election just on Rudd is to forget everything else that has made Labor so 'on the nose' with voters. Unless by "his on again - off again mates" you mean the rest of the Labor Party. I could list many reasons for Labor's current standing without mentioning Kevin Rudd - and I have before. Kevin's behaviour isn't helping, but things have been toxic for years now. During and since Kevin was PM. Labor has fallen a long way since the heady days of Hawke and Keating - and they certainly had their public differences. Things are even worse when you look at the Opposition. Labor should be able to ride roughshod over the Opposition while still having leadership squabbles. Abbott isn't even a pale imitation of Howard as a leader, and Hockey seems to know as much about financial management of the nation as I do - and I could go on about most of the Opposition's front bench. We'll have to see what kind of a PM Abbott will be, but it's not looking good - yet he's miles in front of Gillard, and the Coalition is miles in front of the ALP. Blaming all that on Rudd is to ignore all of Labor's failings. Well, they've got two main failings: Everything they say, and everything they do. Telling us about all the legislation that they have passed counts for nothing. 90+% of that stuff goes through almost automatically. Everything else has been a disaster. The worst government and worst leader in my lifetime (with the possible exception of Billy MacMahon - and he's starting to look good by comparison). Nothing to do with being a woman, and everything to do with bad government.



So how many minority Federal Govts you seen Zac? And how does his one rate?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  05:23:25  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

I'm no fan of Gillard but exactly when did doing a photo shoot for a women's magazine while demonstrating your favourite hobby (knitting) become political and sinister?




since we had a woman become Prime Minister of Australia

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  06:56:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

So how many minority Federal Govts you seen Zac? And how does his one rate?
Her one? Two rhetorical questions, but I'll answer them anyway. First answer: One. Second answer: Worst ever.

Being a minority government had nothing to do with dreaming up bad policy, and then stuffing it up on implementation. Besides, despite being a minority government, the policies got through with the loyal support of Windsor and Oakeshott (who I see has decided to jump before his electorate gives him a push). Now you mention it though, the minority thing did show us the Government's propping up of Craig Thomson and the recruitment of Peter Slipper. Apart from all the policy stuff-ups, there's all the other stuff. How much can be blamed on John McTernan - I don't know, but probably a fair bit of it. Worst government in my lifetime (Ben Chifley was PM when I was born), and being a minority government is no excuse.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  07:20:58  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by REM

So how many minority Federal Govts you seen Zac? And how does his one rate?
Her one? Two rhetorical questions, but I'll answer them anyway. First answer: One. Second answer: Worst ever.

Being a minority government had nothing to do with dreaming up bad policy, and then stuffing it up on implementation. Besides, despite being a minority government, the policies got through with the loyal support of Windsor and Oakeshott (who I see has decided to jump before his electorate gives him a push). Now you mention it though, the minority thing did show us the Government's propping up of Craig Thomson and the recruitment of Peter Slipper. Apart from all the policy stuff-ups, there's all the other stuff. How much can be blamed on John McTernan - I don't know, but probably a fair bit of it. Worst government in my lifetime (Ben Chifley was PM when I was born), and being a minority government is no excuse.



Mate...dead set reckon there is a career opening for you at 2GB!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  07:38:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I could replace Mike Carlton. Err.. hang on. You could replace Mike Carlton. What do you mean he's been replaced already?

Would I have to resign from GetUp? I'm more of a 576 and 702 listener actually. Well, while Ray Hadley's on holidays anyway.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.72 seconds.