V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  22:15:10  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Or you could go to destitute aboriginal communities, or impoverished flats where infirm, sick, elderly people live, or women's refuges, or many other places to see somewhat more vulnerable people. I do see people sitting in front of machines in clubs, having enjoyed their subsidised meals, drinks beside them, car in the carpark, job to go to. Besides, like I said, serial gamblers aren't just pokie addicts. They punt on horses and other things, play Keno, play poker online, spend more than they can afford on Lotto etc., and so on. You can put all the addicted gamblers losing more than they have, together, and you still have a tiny number of people, and certainly not the most vulnerable people in society.

Wilkie's pre-set limit legislation, if it ever happens, will make the tiniest dent in fixing the problem. Imperative? Maybe, but nowhere near as much as many other bigger problems afflicting vulnerable people.

Speaking of pokies!
I know of someone who only gets $800 odd dollars a fortnight, and he recently put a few hundred in the pokies, and had it up to $4,800, and blew it by pitting it back through, then went in there the next day/night, and put the rest of his pay that he had which was I think $200, into the pokies, and had it up to $2,700 and fed the pokies again, and he does this over and over, Plus sometimes buys Keno, etc...plus he has a smoking addiction, i've bashed the guy because he does it, but if he doesn't feed his addiction he had a mental breakdown, its sick to see ppl going and doing this just to feed their sickening addiction. Sad indeed.

Peter Brock 1945 - 2006 RIP #05
RIP Dale Earnhardt 1951 - 2001 #3
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011
RIP Jason Richards 1976 - 2011

Edited by - HDT05 on 21 Jan 2012 22:17:41
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  22:18:57  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HDT05

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Or you could go to destitute aboriginal communities, or impoverished flats where infirm, sick, elderly people live, or women's refuges, or many other places to see somewhat more vulnerable people. I do see people sitting in front of machines in clubs, having enjoyed their subsidised meals, drinks beside them, car in the carpark, job to go to. Besides, like I said, serial gamblers aren't just pokie addicts. They punt on horses and other things, play Keno, play poker online, spend more than they can afford on Lotto etc., and so on. You can put all the addicted gamblers losing more than they have, together, and you still have a tiny number of people, and certainly not the most vulnerable people in society.

Wilkie's pre-set limit legislation, if it ever happens, will make the tiniest dent in fixing the problem. Imperative? Maybe, but nowhere near as much as many other bigger problems afflicting vulnerable people.

Speaking of pokies!
I know of someone who only gets $800 odd dollars a fortnight, and he recently put a few hundred in the pokies, and had it up to $4,800, and blew it by pitting it back through, then went in there the next day/night, and put the rest of his pay that he had which was I think $200, into the pokies, and had it up to $2,700 and fed the pokies again, and he does this over and over, Plus sometimes buys Keno, etc...plus he has a smoking addiction, i've bashed the guy because he does it, but if he doesn't feed his addiction he had a mental breakdown, its sick to see ppl going and doing this just to feed their sickening addiction. Sad indeed.

Exactly right HDT...it is a deplorable situation for some out there indeed.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  22:57:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's their choice.
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  23:03:23  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

It's their choice.

But in most cases, they have lost their self-control. Should the State therefore intervene to reduce the ensuing welfare burden that would occur if they lose all their money, job and family? I argue yes, although unfortunately such an addiction may transferred to other means of gambling.

Edited by - bundy on 21 Jan 2012 23:04:26
Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  01:06:42  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It's their choice.

You don't get it!

Peter Brock 1945 - 2006 RIP #05
RIP Dale Earnhardt 1951 - 2001 #3
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011
RIP Jason Richards 1976 - 2011
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  08:54:48  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy

But in most cases, they have lost their self-control. Should the State therefore intervene to reduce the ensuing welfare burden that would occur if they lose all their money, job and family? I argue yes, although unfortunately such an addiction may transferred to other means of gambling.

Does this statement come from people who believe that speed camera's are just revenue gatherers, this is Government 'interveneing', I smell a little bit of hypicrosy here

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  08:56:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

It's their choice.

You don't get it!

I get it all right - it's still their choice.
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  09:01:28  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

quote:

Does this statement come from people who believe that speed camera's are just revenue gatherers, this is Government 'interveneing', I smell a little bit of hypicrosy here

I don't know how you can compare this to speed camera's whose purpose, other than promoting safety, is to gain revenue for the Government while these pokie reforms will have the opposite effect on revenue and if they are successful, they will indeed lower revenue to the States.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  11:09:38  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Should the State therefore intervene to reduce the ensuing" road toll

Hypocrisy!!!!

You want Government intervention to stop people spending their own money, but you don't want Government intervention to stop people dying.

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 22 Jan 2012 11:12:36
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  14:44:31  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Come on Trev it's all fairly ****ing obvious here.

Bungy is only backing Wilkie because red headed idiot has told him to go jump

Of course it's hypocritical. Every ****ing bit of **** that spews out of his dribble filled computer is

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  18:41:52  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Of course it's hypocritical. Every ****ing bit of **** that spews out of his dribble filled computer is

Unneccesary to say the very least and not even remotely to do with politics.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  21:43:55  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
People should be free to make their own choices, not have that right removed by some self-righteous clown!!

These independants and greens are diminishing what little credibility they have left with all this 'big brother' goody toe-shoes **** and their black-mailing methods to achieve it!!!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  22:38:27  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Speaking of pokies!

Exactly right HDT...it is a deplorable situation for some out there indeed.

The fact of the matter is that the government actually need the revenue from problem gamblers, smokers and alcoholics to produce a big turnover each financial year.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  03:25:02  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Unneccesary to say the very least and not even remotely to do with politics.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 23 Jan 2012 13:45:45
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  08:45:46  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It seems that the Gillard government is hanging on by a thread now with Wilkie withdrawing his support for the Government and now having to rely on a turncoat Liberal who said last year that he wouldn't apply for the position of speaker if it kept Gillard's minority Government intact. Well, with the troubles still circulating over Thomson over the inappropriate use of his union credit card, that slim majority that Slipper gives them might be wiped away.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.69 seconds.