V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  19:43:35  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Que the rollout of posters of Rudd's face

Official - 57-45 to Rudd.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 26 Jun 2013 19:57:09
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  20:02:05  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
finally the ********s have done something right

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  20:04:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gorrnne.

Our first female PM ousted by the bloke she ousted. Such is life.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  20:05:52  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice :)

Gonna be fun watching the reactions in the party over this.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  20:06:45  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh well...

Media has certainly changed their tune. Last time it was the end of the world, now it's a brand new day.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  20:34:11  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wasn't it always just a media beat-up, Albie?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  20:54:50  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Wasn't it always just a media beat-up, Albie?

The relentless negativity dished out by the media did play it's part. They now have the outcome they were aiming for. The sugar they are shovelling now that Rudd is back will make us all diabetic.

But I will stand corrected that there was more to it this time.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 26 Jun 2013 21:01:12
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  21:03:47  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Oh well...

Media has certainly changed their tune. Last time it was the end of the world, now it's a brand new day.

It's not a 'brand new day', it is merely another day in the life of this terrible government with a recycled leader who will be held to account for destroying the labor party.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  21:07:57  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and the bull continues... rid of the unelected one just in time for the one who was elected (a time ago) to be ousted...

having said that folk just might be so unattracted to Tony that they might forget that we are to expect Rudd to get ousted after the election anyway... really don't understand why he would want to come back now on the way to the flogging... would have been better to come back after Julia got flogged and been in with a chance (maybe) next time...

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  21:11:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting to hear from one of the commentators tonight that this change of leadership may disrupt the one demographic that was going for them: women, especially the middle aged. I tend to agree.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  21:40:52  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
enough of them calling 3aw saying she was a disgrace... if that carries to other states then it won't be an issue... if it had been a woman of class in the top job then it may have been something worth considering...

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  21:54:31  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

enough of them calling 3aw saying she was a disgrace... if that carries to other states then it won't be an issue... if it had been a woman of class in the top job then it may have been something worth considering...

What is graceful about knifing a sitting PM in the back after he won a historic election and had the party still more popular than the Coalition on the two party preferred vote?

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  21:56:23  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am pretty certain Abbotts backers will be ****ting bricks about this change.

I give it 4 weeks to see which way the polls go, if I was Abbott I would be a bit concerned, Malcolm might get his job now, the precedent has been set.

Love him or hate him, KRudd is a very very good politician compared to Abbott the moron!!

Let the games begin.

What is disappointing is the way the rats have deserted the party now that Julia has gone!! So much for loving your Labor beliefs!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  22:06:48  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

I am pretty certain Abbotts backers will be ****ting bricks about this change.

I give it 4 weeks to see which way the polls go, if I was Abbott I would be a bit concerned, Malcolm might get his job now, the precedent has been set.

Love him or hate him, KRudd is a very very good politician compared to Abbott the moron!!

Let the games begin.

What is disappointing is the way the rats have deserted the party now that Julia has gone!! So much for loving your Labor beliefs!!

See this is what the Labor Party wants us to believe but really he is a dictator, manipulator and a hypocrite. They will implode under his leadership where unity will mean nothing and I hope Gillard becomes the leaker of sensitive information as he did against her back in the 2010 election.

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  22:07:18  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Our first female PM ousted by the bloke she ousted. Such is life.

And Bill Shorten has the dubious honour of knifing two prime ministers in the back - first Rudd and now Gillard.

What a top bloke he is.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.58 seconds.