V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  21:34:57  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

She got what she deserved.

She knifed Rudd and didn't do the job. He returned serve.

How can she have done her job if he was continually undermining her?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  21:58:20  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Krudd wasn't undermining Julia, he just wasn't doing what her faction wanted him to do, that's why they dont like him, he doesn't play ball with some of the power brokers which I reckon speaks volumes for the bloke compared to Gillard the puppet!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  23:05:23  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

We have a deficit that is a piss in the ocean compared to most of our trading partners

never understood this apologetic... we should be in so much better a position but folk are excusing it with an "oh well" and an "at least we're not in as bad a spot as XXX"

if the country had been managed better and we had leadership that had a clue then we would be in a much better position again and Labor just may have had some support from Joe Public and Gillard may have had the opportunity to actually win an election.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  00:03:50  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:

We have a deficit that is a piss in the ocean compared to most of our trading partners

never understood this apologetic... we should be in so much better a position but folk are excusing it with an "oh well" and an "at least we're not in as bad a spot as XXX"

if the country had been managed better and we had leadership that had a clue then we would be in a much better position again and Labor just may have had some support from Joe Public and Gillard may have had the opportunity to actually win an election.

10 years ago the Government didn't really make much out of our position versus the rest of the world. Now it seems that it is the main argument used by Rudd and Gillard to justify our bottom line. But I agree it's really a cop out and we should strive to do better.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  07:53:31  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

quote:

10 years ago the Government didn't really make much out of our position versus the rest of the world. Now it seems that it is the main argument used by Rudd and Gillard to justify our bottom line. But I agree it's really a cop out and we should strive to do better.

Yes we did...different context though as 10 years ago....we were post Bali 2002 and constantly looking at the rest of the world worrying where Australians would be safe to travel...thanks to GWB, TB and JWH!

Agree re Combet...very sad...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  09:39:21  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

And what position is that? Low unemployment, 22 years of continual economic growth not good enough?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  10:00:24  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
not when it could be better Albert... is low unemployment ok when it could be lower? is a growth of 1 acceptable because it is growth even though with good management we could have had a growth of 3? is it ok that our gov'ts are wasting our money at a phenomenal rate? even if you do believe that, our gov't should still be held to account for their poor management that has held us back from where we should be...

as for 'low unemployment' too.... i think you are smart enough to know that the numbers shown are not a fair indication of what 'real unemployment' is... when the official figures exclude people who are looking for full time employment for a variety of reasons to get that figure low it's just one more piece of fraud that all the gov'ts commit... life affordability is so low yet we are continually told we are 'better off'... what a load of crap ..

if you choose to accept the position of "we are better than elsewhere" and you choose to sit on your hands rather than ask the question of why things weren't done right and better then doesn't that apathy make you (and others who choose to be blind) a part of the problem?

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  11:29:43  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Translation.
I wanted a lieberal government.

You've got your hand on it, if you honestly think Abbott, Hockenomics, Pain, and Julie Fishlip would have done a better job

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  11:53:52  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Translation.

You've got your hand on it, if you honestly think Abbott, Hockenomics, Pain, and Julie Fishlip would have done a better job

Isn't it funny? It is similar to the argument that labor tragics used up here to keep the incompetent Labor government in power, that is, it is better to stick with the devil you know than the perceived devil that might be if the opposition ever wins government and in the meantime the State will get driven into the ground.

The present federal government has proven to have failed. So it's time before any more substantial damage is done that a change occurs. Labor will benefit from it too as it will allow them to do some deep soul searching and make structural changes to the party that will give them an opportunity to win the next election.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  11:54:46  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

if you choose to accept the position of "we are better than elsewhere" and you choose to sit on your hands rather than ask the question of why things weren't done right and better then doesn't that apathy make you (and others who choose to be blind) a part of the problem?

Isn't that your position on COTF mate? Its what we havem Holden winning, its all good!

Back on topic, Howard got the boot because he had effectively stalled the economy, the same edic that Abbott has.

I have no doubts that if Abbott had got control in 2010, we would have been knee deep in recession like the rest of the world!!

Some need to take their party faithful hats off and actually see where we actually sit in a world of depressed economics!

Austerity is not the answer, Abbott is not the answer!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  12:04:34  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Back on topic, Howard got the boot because he had effectively stalled the economy, the same edic that Abbott has.

That is not correct. The public got tired of Howard himself and were duped into thinking Rudd was an 'economic conservative'.

quote:

Stop the boats? Tony wants to use force to turn the refugee boats away from our shores? Great idea Tony, will look forward to your incarceration for crimes against humanity!

What waste? Capital projects that keep people employed and money going through the cash registers? Those ones, the ones that are keeping unemployment under control and helping reduce our inflation rate? We have a deficit that is a piss in the ocean compared to most of our trading partners, yet Tony proposes a restriction in government spending to real it in at the risk of driving Australia into the same recessionary position of half of Europe.

Get you head out of the sand and your hand off your dick Mr Abbott, austerity measures will not 'save' the country!! Moron!

How do you think Europe got itself into the predicament in the first place?

For years many European countries were spending and subsidising industries beyond their means and austerity is the only way to correct these bad decisions of the past.

Edited by - bundy5 on 30 Jun 2013 12:11:41
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  12:29:28  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I think Howard was beaten by himself with having been in there so long, and also by a Kevin 07 campaign that came across well and showed a bit of fresh air with a personable leader. It got me fooled and was happy to see Kev come in, but that has certainly changed for me since and would of much preferred to have kept Johnny over what the last 6 years has produced...

On Labor, its easy to say employment is low when staff are working less hours rather than getting booted and made to go part time etc.

Whats the point in government making a bunch of new jobs rather than keeping existing business afloat. Are we all going to be working for government supplied work in the future rather than our own developed industries?

Why is it good to hand out millions and millions to stimulate the economy for only the odd worker for instance having to pick up a TV made offshore from a shelf in storage for a sale? Put it back into small business to make them healthier and able to look after their staff, rather than have small business suffer and reward their staff instead.

I don't get this take from the rich to give to the poor mentality... Don't make the larger companies suffer and have to lay off people and then have the need to create more jobs to manage the situation. Create strong self sufficient industry and let it all manage itself, its not like all wealthy companies are crooks, a lot of them actually look after their staff very well. Seems way too short sighted to me, and almost smacking of jealousy really.

Carbon tax just seems to be killing our power bills, along with the issue that we now have so many solar energy panels out there that the whole point of the buy back scheme is now lost. The only people that get the panels are the ones that can afford them and get the benefit. The ones that cant afford them are getting an every increasing whack with their bills taking up the slack of the money lost to the scheme. Not really one for the working public I would of thought...

I admire the efforts Labor put up, but they just don't seem to work out in the long run. They come across to me short sighted and poorly executed. I see too many people that come through my business hurting like never before, so I cant see how things can keep going as is.

Labor is a complete mess. The Polls were bad leading up to the last election and Julia ousted Kevin and snuck over the line. The Polls are even worse this time round and Kev pushes Julia aside for another crack! Many members are fighting amongst themselves, quit or putting out fires caused by their own. I really don't see how now having Rudd back at the helm, how they suddenly will change from the last 6 years?

I dont care for Abbott and his mob, but how the heck can anyone seriously feel the above is a better thing is beyond me.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  12:38:18  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Translation.

translation.. I'm a labor tragic who can't see a different opinion...

i can't stand either party Col... i think they are both pathetic... but don't let that get in the way of your thoughts

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  15:04:31  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

then we would be in a much better position again
How do you know?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  15:05:18  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HAHAHAHAHA

Best laugh I've had in a long time ..... well since Thursday when I saw a comedian on the boat.

Love it how some try to change history.

The reason why the Nationals/Lieberals were kept out of power for near on twenty years in QLD was because they stunk.
They fought more than these idiots in federal labor and they couldn't be trusted.
Years of corruption under Joh and then when they did get into power that dirty little memorandum of understanding with the Police force and then the cover up.
Then they kept that useless **** Springborg as a leader. Trained monkeys could run QLD health better than him

Then we come to Howard. Him getting voted out had nothing to do with him telling us we never had it so good while cost of living, housing un-affordability, interest rates and inflation were well and truly on the rise.
People were hurting with these higher expenses long before the GFC hit
Most Profligate spending government is a nice trophy for the war criminal

Sonic if you look at whats left of the front bench from the Howard years you will see all the under performers on Abbotts
Abbott is from the loony right. Australia will be up **** creek without a paddle when he becomes PM.
Have a look at what Newmans austerity measures have done to the QLD economy.
Nichols was about 5 billion short of what he claimed he would do. What happened there Bundy.
You can't slash and burn just for some ****ty liberal idealism.
The Australian economy needs nurturing to promote growth and jobs.
It doesn't need Newman types killing the economy

Simon you've been conned by the government regarding solar.
Hervey Bay has the largest take up of solar in Australia.
Most of them are pensioners. Shoots a hole in the we can't afford solar. Even lots of low income earners taking out low interest green loans to buy them.
Anybody could have got solar. Class warfare hey???

Newman floated the idea of canning it in QLD.
Over 1200 comments in the Courier Mail. Around 95% of the posts were shooting him down and talking about class action.
A heap of people have borrowed money to do it and future proof their power bills.
Another point, the majority of systems in Australia are less than 3kw which means you still have a bill to pay.
Less than 20% of systems leave their owners with nothing to pay and receiving credits.

This another bull**** con job by the government.
During the last hot spell up here Energex was using diesel generators to keep up with peak demand.
Production cost is around $2 per kw.

In QLD Bligh came out years ago and said we need people to take up solar because it was cheaper in the long run than spending billions building new power stations.

The reason why you pay so much is because of the Gold plating of the poles wires and generation.
Governments are dirty on solar because they aren't the only ones producing power and they no longer have a monopoly.
New systems up here are getting 8cents a Kw. The government are tripling their money on this

I'd like to see everybody in Australia turn off their PV system for a day when the country is in the middle of a heatwave.
The power companies won't be able to generate enough electricity.

I've already looked into what I need to go off grid if Newman plays with my feed in tariff. That's after I join the class action and sue his sorry governments arse for breach of contract

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 30 Jun 2013 15:34:10
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 11.19 seconds.