V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  15:09:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

HAHAHAHAHA

Best laugh I've had in a long time ..... well since Thursday when I saw a comedian on the boat.

Love it how some try to change history.

The reason why the Nationals/Lieberals were kept out of power for near on twenty years in QLD was because they stunk.
They fought more than these idiots in federal labor and they couldn't be trusted.
Years of corruption under Joh and then when they did get into power that dirty little memorandum of understanding with the Police force and then the cover up.
Then they kept that useless **** Springborg as a leader. Trained monkeys could run QLD health better than him

Then we come to Howard. Him getting voted out had nothing to do with him telling us we never had it so good while cost of living, housing un-affordability, interest rates and inflation were well and truly on the rise.
People were hurting with these higher expenses long before the GFC hit
Most Profligate spending government is a nice trophy for the war criminal

Sonic if you look at whats left of the front bench from the Howard years you will see all the under performers on Abbotts
Abbott is from the loony right. Australia will be up **** creek without a paddle when he becomes PM.
Have a look at what Newmans austerity measures have done to the QLD economy.
Nichols was about 5 billion short of what he claimed he would do. What happened there Bundy.
You can't slash and burn just for some ****ty liberal idealism.
The Australian economy needs nurturing to promote growth and jobs.
It doesn't need Newman types killing the economy

Too bad we ended up with such a ****ed state, huh? I guess the punishment we accept for supporting such a great government

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17198 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  15:29:14  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

then we would be in a much better position again
How do you know?

if for no other reason than the wasted money would still be in the bank Trev...

if you don't waste something then you have it available to either work for you in the future or to use it in some more useful fashion...

if you throw money down the toilet it is wasteful and of no benefit and by that simple math we would be better off than where we are today :)

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  15:35:05  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

not when it could be better Albert... is low unemployment ok when it could be lower? is a growth of 1 acceptable because it is growth even though with good management we could have had a growth of 3? is it ok that our gov'ts are wasting our money at a phenomenal rate? even if you do believe that, our gov't should still be held to account for their poor management that has held us back from where we should be...

as for 'low unemployment' too.... i think you are smart enough to know that the numbers shown are not a fair indication of what 'real unemployment' is... when the official figures exclude people who are looking for full time employment for a variety of reasons to get that figure low it's just one more piece of fraud that all the gov'ts commit... life affordability is so low yet we are continually told we are 'better off'... what a load of crap ..

if you choose to accept the position of "we are better than elsewhere" and you choose to sit on your hands rather than ask the question of why things weren't done right and better then doesn't that apathy make you (and others who choose to be blind) a part of the problem?

How could it all be better? It's all good and easy to say it we can do better, but how? How would you even know?

Shouting feel good slogan is like praying. You think you are doing something but not doing a thing at all.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  15:47:18  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

HAHAHAHAHA

Best laugh I've had in a long time ..... well since Thursday when I saw a comedian on the boat.

Love it how some try to change history.

The reason why the Nationals/Lieberals were kept out of power for near on twenty years in QLD was because they stunk.
They fought more than these idiots in federal labor and they couldn't be trusted.
Years of corruption under Joh and then when they did get into power that dirty little memorandum of understanding with the Police force and then the cover up.
Then they kept that useless **** Springborg as a leader. Trained monkeys could run QLD health better than him

Then we come to Howard. Him getting voted out had nothing to do with him telling us we never had it so good while cost of living, housing un-affordability, interest rates and inflation were well and truly on the rise.
People were hurting with these higher expenses long before the GFC hit
Most Profligate spending government is a nice trophy for the war criminal

Sonic if you look at whats left of the front bench from the Howard years you will see all the under performers on Abbotts
Abbott is from the loony right. Australia will be up **** creek without a paddle when he becomes PM.
Have a look at what Newmans austerity measures have done to the QLD economy.
Nichols was about 5 billion short of what he claimed he would do. What happened there Bundy.
You can't slash and burn just for some ****ty liberal idealism.
The Australian economy needs nurturing to promote growth and jobs.
It doesn't need Newman types killing the economy

Too bad we ended up with such a ****ed state, huh? I guess the punishment we accept for supporting such a great government

There's quite a few reasons why
2 years of natural disasters that either flooded or flattened the entire state.
Going it alone on infrastructure because the Howard government was to busy handing out middle class welfare and participating in illegal wars. Ipswich motorway for instance, or how about a heap of the coal loading facilities.
Even the GFC took it's toll on the income from lost tax receipts and lost mining royalties.

Ill admit that Bligh and Labor had to go in QLD. I did my bit to make that happen
Other than that this place was humming along nicely for all but the last 3 years of their reign.

Now we've got a bunch of clowns that will either sell whats left and we'll pay even more for it down the track or they'll just continue on their merry way with a stalled economy.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 30 Jun 2013 15:50:23
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  15:48:36  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

not when it could be better Albert... is low unemployment ok when it could be lower? is a growth of 1 acceptable because it is growth even though with good management we could have had a growth of 3? is it ok that our gov'ts are wasting our money at a phenomenal rate? even if you do believe that, our gov't should still be held to account for their poor management that has held us back from where we should be...

as for 'low unemployment' too.... i think you are smart enough to know that the numbers shown are not a fair indication of what 'real unemployment' is... when the official figures exclude people who are looking for full time employment for a variety of reasons to get that figure low it's just one more piece of fraud that all the gov'ts commit... life affordability is so low yet we are continually told we are 'better off'... what a load of crap ..

if you choose to accept the position of "we are better than elsewhere" and you choose to sit on your hands rather than ask the question of why things weren't done right and better then doesn't that apathy make you (and others who choose to be blind) a part of the problem?

How could it all be better? It's all good and easy to say it we can do better, but how? How would you even know?

Well the Coalition couldn't go any worse

And Col - bull**** Beattie sent us down this path back in 06 when he started to pile up the debt and this was before the GFC and floods and when the state was receiving a bonanza from its mining royalties.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 30 Jun 2013 15:51:28
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  15:58:58  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and which government was going it alone on infrastructure.
That was to get the coal onto the ships faster and doing up roads that were the federal governments responsibility

but you knew that

stuff that was needed

so whats this useless lot of germs in the LNP done to get QLD economy hunmming.
I'll tell you what because some you LNP lovers are so ****ing thick

NOTHING

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 30 Jun 2013 16:01:15
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17198 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  16:00:28  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Shouting feel good slogan is like praying. You think you are doing something but not doing a thing at all.

every day on the news you hear about the wastage of fed/state/local gov'ts... if anyone with basic accounting skills had a look at the books there would be millions that could be saved and/or put to better use...

and if folk took off their preferential glasses just for a moment I don't think it would be so hard to say that their own party could do a better job than what they have done... Labor could have done a much better job in gov't and Libs could have done a much better job in opposition...

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  16:16:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

and which government was going it alone on infrastructure.
That was to get the coal onto the ships faster and doing up roads that were the federal governments responsibility

but you knew that

stuff that was needed

so whats this useless lot of germs in the LNP done to get QLD economy hunmming.
I'll tell you what because some you LNP lovers are so ****ing thick

NOTHING

'Going it alone on infrastructure' - care to back that up with facts? Typical labor stooge's response to a labor government racking up the debt that 'we had to use the money to build the Australia of tomorrow' despite the interest having to be paid on the debt and the actual productive value of spending public money this way.

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  18:04:13  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Abbott keep saying he'll stop the boats but he never says how he'll do it.

And he can't just say he'll do the same thing Howard did it because times have changed since then, Indonesia has has changed since then.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  18:08:50  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Abbott keep saying he'll stop the boats but he never says how he'll do it.

And he can't just say he'll do the same thing Howard did it because times have changed since then, Indonesia has has changed since then.

I hope that Rudd really takes the debate to Abbott about the boats because it is one policy where no matter what he says or does he will lose.

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  18:24:03  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Well as a swinging voter in a marginal seat I would like to hear Abbott's plan.

Actually apart from killing the carbon tax and his extremely costly paid maternity leave scheme, what are Abbott's policies?

Oh wait, he wants a no-frills second-rate NBN but that's about it so far.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  18:37:51  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Well as a swinging voter in a marginal seat I would like to hear Abbott's plan.

Actually apart from killing the carbon tax and his extremely costly paid maternity leave scheme, what are Abbott's policies?

Oh wait, he wants a no-frills second-rate NBN but that's about it so far.

Just because you voted against the NSW labor government in the last state election doesn't make you a swinging voter

But putting this aside and it isn't necessary to look at all of Abbott's policies as they are accessible on the Liberal Party website but I am sure you would disagree with his rather generous paid parental leave scheme...

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  18:57:01  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Please bundy, you've already proven yourself to be a world-class douchebag, there's no need to keep reminding us.

Now run along and play on your armchair, the adults are speaking here.

Edited by - Madaz on 30 Jun 2013 19:08:06
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  19:27:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting reading: http://www.smh.com.au/national/in-his-sights-covert-kevins-mission-to-get-julia-20130629-2p3p7.html

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  20:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

if for no other reason than the wasted money would still be in the bank Trev...

if you don't waste something then you have it available to either work for you in the future or to use it in some more useful fashion...

if you throw money down the toilet it is wasteful and of no benefit and by that simple math we would be better off than where we are today :)

why do you persist with the belief that if John Howard was still in then we would still have money in the bank,, blah, blah blah, fact is the Government NEEDED to stimulate the country full stop, the Liberals would have spent money to do it as well, move on from the old days

Stimulate means the Government has to spend money on Government funded projects to keep the economy ticking over, people in jobs, etc

The world was always going to be tough post GFC regardless of which Government was in power.

Can you tell me (and the other posters) why the Aussie dollar was so high and is still sitting so high?

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 30 Jun 2013 21:02:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.45 seconds.