V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  21:20:18  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Please bundy, you've already proven yourself to be a world-class douchebag, there's no need to keep reminding us.

Now run along and play on your armchair, the adults are speaking here.

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  21:25:52  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Please bundy, you've already proven yourself to be a world-class douchebag, there's no need to keep reminding us.

Now run along and play on your armchair, the adults are speaking here.

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  21:33:12  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
what the hell?? how did you get to there from where I started??

i said that the money should have been spent without wastage... and the money that all levels of gov't throw to the wind, if it was spent with a bit of wisdom, would benefit Australia and Australians..

how did you manage to get JH in there? seems the Labor folk are fixated on him...

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  04:19:19  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
why was the Aussie dollar so high and continues to sit high?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  07:09:00  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know that it currently sits high. In mid 2011 it was $1.10 to US$1.00. It's now at US$0.91 and falling. Why was it so high? Wayne Swan's brilliant fiscal management. That, and probably because our banks had not made silly loans to people who couldn't pay them, and because China's massive appetite for our resources, and it's desire to invest in the mines and infrastructure needed to get them meant Australia's economy remained strong and stable while others fell over. Now China's economy has cooled, so has ours. So much for the A$ remaining high. Mid $0.80s is probably around the right rate, and that's where it will probably settle over the next year or two, regardless of who is in government.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  08:18:35  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

and which government was going it alone on infrastructure.
That was to get the coal onto the ships faster and doing up roads that were the federal governments responsibility

but you knew that

stuff that was needed

so whats this useless lot of germs in the LNP done to get QLD economy hunmming.
I'll tell you what because some you LNP lovers are so ****ing thick

NOTHING

'Going it alone on infrastructure' - care to back that up with facts? Typical labor stooge's response to a labor government racking up the debt that 'we had to use the money to build the Australia of tomorrow' despite the interest having to be paid on the debt and the actual productive value of spending public money this way.

Mate you got no idea.
How was high school back then
QR racked up debt because no funds were forthcoming from Canberra for building new railways lines and new loading facilities.
Gold Coast desalination plant and the drought proofing of the southern part of QLD with the water grid.
Now don't say it was a waste because you're still a burning wreck after the last time you tried saying that.
If that drought lasted another 12 months Beattie would have been labled a hero. Even the long range forecast stated that the dry spell was set to continue

Funny how the Costello/lieberal report never stated the assets or cash in reserves that was in the QIDC. A QLD government owned body

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  08:26:06  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A big tick to Zac, he is correct.

Dollars are traded like gold, silver and other commodities, at the moment and in the recent past the Aussie dollar has been on the 'buy' list by speculators, speculators buy and sell dollars to make their money, why is the Aussie dollar on the buy list, because we are a strong economy despite what Abbott and his cronies will have you believe.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  08:28:32  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The dollar was high because our interest rates were comparatively the highest in the world for a period of about 3 years after the GFC and thus attracted foreign investment. As our interest rates have dropped, so to has the foreign investment and hence the slide in the dollar. Simple.

And Col that's the best you got. QR that Bligh decided to partly sell even with the debt it had and a desalination plant that is not even in an area of responsibility for the federal government. You're kidding, right?

I guess the Federal government should have come along with Beattie's brilliant traveston dam idea and spent $1 billion on that elephant too

Another sign that disunity is still rife in the labor party as Simon Crean now calls it quits.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 01 Jul 2013 08:53:43
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  08:41:21  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The dollar was high because our interest rates were comparatively the highest in the world for a period of about 3 years after the GFC and thus attracted foreign investment. As our interest rates have dropped, so to has the foreign investment and hence the slide in the dollar. Simple.
nah, sorry

quote:

Another sign that disunity is still rife in the labor party as Simon Crean now calls it quits.

he is a Rudd man, why does this mean disunity, or do you have miraculous insight into Simon Crean's mind or have you been overdosing on Andrew Bolt?

On Andrew Bolt, I happened to catch a few minutes of a replay, seriously that bloke is a menace to society and to Abbott's credit he didn't get sucked in by Bolt's ****. Mind you I did notice that Tony only ever appears on his right wing mates shows - LOL

Edited by - Trev on 01 Jul 2013 08:59:41
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  09:37:51  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Desal plant and the water grid may not have been the feds responsibility but it just goes to show that the expenditure was needed.
Even one of the toss pot LNP members was saying it was over budget. He claimed it was only going to cost 850million. Which is what it was going to cost the Gold Coast city council to build a 50mega litre plant not the 125 mega litre plant that the state government paid for
QR spent a fortune on connecting train lanes to mines and ports and Bligh did sell it off, but it didn't stop Costello and Newman including that debt in gross debt of the state

Here you go Bundy some interesting reading for you
Just proves Newman and Costello are full of piss and wind

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29646818/QuigginAuditComm.pdf

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4256116.html

Edited by - bigcol on 01 Jul 2013 09:52:37
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  09:37:51  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Desal plant and the water grid may not have been the feds responsibility but it just goes to show that the expenditure was needed.
Even one of the toss pot LNP members was saying it was over budget. He claimed it was only going to cost 850million. Which is what it was going to cost the Gold Coast city council to build a 50mega litre plant not the 125 mega litre plant that the state government paid for
QR spent a fortune on connecting train lanes to mines and ports and Bligh did sell it off, but it didn't stop Costello and Newman including that debt in gross debt of the state

Edited by - bigcol on 01 Jul 2013 09:51:46
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  10:41:00  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

So you expect me to sit here and believe a columnist that writes for Crikey as opposed to a former Treasurer who paid off 96 billion dollars worth of government debt?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  10:59:07  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

as opposed to a former Treasurer who paid off 96 billion dollars worth of government debt?

and with what did he do that? where did he get the money from?

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  11:19:49  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
full of ****

How Quiggans report
He labled most of it nonsensical

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  16:23:47  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev
quote:

he is a Rudd man, why does this mean disunity, or do you have miraculous insight into Simon Crean's mind or have you been overdosing on Andrew Bolt?

Then why didn't he resign back in March?

I mean he said that he has been thinking about calling it quits for awhile, so surely it has been in his mind for at least 6 months.

I reckon my initial call on him was right in that he is a Gillard supporter and only appeared to be a Rudd supporter in the hope to try to ultimately defeat him and extinguish any future leadership challenge he might have when he called for a spill back in March. But, of course, Rudd didn't call his bluff.

The fact that he has decided to resign now, less than a week after Rudd reclaimed Labor's leadership leaves me with the impression that he just didn't want to serve under Rudd post-election even if Rudd were to win.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.81 seconds.