V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  06:38:46  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So why did inflation and interest rates rise dramatic towards the end of their term

So you don't get to apply your spin. I'll make it easy for you.

The cost of living was going through the roof

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  07:34:41  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A couple of idle thoughts, not directed at anyone in particular...

"History is a set of lies agreed upon." Napoleon Bonaparte

"By it's very nature, history is always a one-sided account."

"Self taught, amateur and academic historians manipulate and misrepresent factual accounts to achieve their own political ends."
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  09:23:57  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

So why did inflation and interest rates rise dramatic towards the end of their term




Not sure about inflation as that remained within the accepted RBA limit of 2-3% IIRC but I do remember interest rates perhaps going up 1-2 % in the final few years of the Howard government; however irrespective of any of this I go back to my point why interest rates are lifted and that's because the economy is expanding at a pace which the RBA is uncomfortable with.




Moving on...

It seems that Rudd has just been handed the top issues that affecting his chances in NSW from, I presume, one of Labor's focus groups. The labor party need to address the public's concern about corruption crippling the party.

Rudd's decision: Let's announce that we are going to take head on corruption in NSW by suspending it and letting the national executive take over and run it instead. What a great man he is that he expects the people to be that gullible into thinking something will actually change the entrenched factional underpinnings that rule NSW Labor.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/prime-minister-kevin-rudd-ignites-labor-war-in-nsw-in-bid-to-roll-labor-inc/story-fnii5s41-1226673962930

The other news story of the day is Gillard's comments to her staffer when she was dumped as leader in that she said '**** happens in politics'.

It is the sort of the response which is nearly devoid of caring or feeling passionately about staying in the top job and more indicative of a politician who was placed in the top job by the powers at be in the Labor party.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/special-features/julia-gillard-tells-staffers-8216st-happens8217-at-lodge-party/story-fnho52jo-1226673981039

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 04 Jul 2013 15:01:03
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  16:08:02  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

So why did inflation and interest rates rise dramatic towards the end of their term

So you don't get to apply your spin. I'll make it easy for you.

The cost of living was going through the roof



Cost of living today is the worst it has ever been. Percentage of bills against wage keeps creeping up regardless of who is in power and only those who believe spin say it is getting easier

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  16:11:52  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

So why did inflation and interest rates rise dramatic towards the end of their term

So you don't get to apply your spin. I'll make it easy for you.

The cost of living was going through the roof



Cost of living today is the worst it has ever been. Percentage of bills against wage keeps creeping up regardless of who is in power and only those who believe spin say it is getting easier



Unfortunately Sonic we aren't getting the real wage growth as what we were getting before under Howard. Cost of living pressures keep increasing but growth in wages doesn't seem to be keeping up.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic



Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  18:29:14  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Q) whats the main reason why Wages have to go up?
A) the cost of living is going up

Q) Why does the cost of living go up?
A) because wages are going up

hhmmm which come first the chicken or the egg?

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  18:32:29  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

Q) whats the main reason why Wages have to go up?
A) the cost of living is going up

Q) Why does the cost of living go up?
A) because wages are going up

hhmmm which come first the chicken or the egg?




Yes but you would hope that the growth in wages outstrips the growth in the cost of living. But for the last 4-5 years it has been the opposite

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  20:11:46  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well we could all wish for the 41% pay rise the LNP are giving themselves.

Amazing how many millions Gold coast tourism puts into the economy and the gold coast beaches play a major part in that.
The problem being at the moment is the heavy weather conditions have badly eroded the beaches. So much so that some beaches are closed because it is to dangerous to even go near the cliff face that is now there.

Even though tourism has risen 19% in the last 12 months, any government in their right mind would realise what this is costing the QLD economy, but the LNP can't see the trees for the forest again and have said that there is no money available to fix it.

Yet this bunch of lowlife LNP grubs can find over 6 million dollars to pay themselves a pay rise.
That's 1/5 of the money required to put a permanent fix on the beaches

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  20:24:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol


Amazing how many millions Gold coast tourism puts into the economy and the gold coast beaches play a major part in that.
The problem being at the moment is the heavy weather conditions have badly eroded the beaches. So much so that some beaches are closed because it is to dangerous to even go near the cliff face that is now there.




I heard the Gold Coast City Council was preparing a submission to the Government to source assistance to help address this erosion issue.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager



Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  20:33:20  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

The other news story of the day is Gillard's comments to her staffer when she was dumped as leader in that she said '**** happens in politics'.

It is the sort of the response which is nearly devoid of caring or feeling passionately about staying in the top job and more indicative of a politician who was placed in the top job by the powers at be in the Labor party.


God you're a moron.

Could it be that Gillard's comment was a thinly-veiled final swipe at Abbott for his infamous "**** happens" remark.

Remember....Abbott was told by a United States army commander that an Australian solider had been killed by Taliban insurgents and Abbott replied: "sometimes **** happens."

I guess that means Abbott was devoid of caring about the tragedy.



2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  20:38:00  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

The other news story of the day is Gillard's comments to her staffer when she was dumped as leader in that she said '**** happens in politics'.

It is the sort of the response which is nearly devoid of caring or feeling passionately about staying in the top job and more indicative of a politician who was placed in the top job by the powers at be in the Labor party.


God you're a moron.

Could it be that Gillard's comment was a thinly-veiled final swipe at Abbott for his infamous "**** happens" remark.

Remember....Abbott was told by a United States army commander that an Australian solider had been killed by Taliban insurgents and Abbott replied: "sometimes **** happens."

I guess that means Abbott was devoid of caring about the tragedy.




So she was thinking of Abbott and what he has said even in her most trying hours?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  21:00:53  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol


Amazing how many millions Gold coast tourism puts into the economy and the gold coast beaches play a major part in that.
The problem being at the moment is the heavy weather conditions have badly eroded the beaches. So much so that some beaches are closed because it is to dangerous to even go near the cliff face that is now there.




I heard the Gold Coast City Council was preparing a submission to the Government to source assistance to help address this erosion issue.



Was on CH9 news tonight that the state government had rejected the submission and said that there was no funds available for anything like that.
When they waste 2 million on a non independent political report and another 6 million giving themselves pay rises you have to wonder just how genuine the LNP are

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  21:03:38  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol


Amazing how many millions Gold coast tourism puts into the economy and the gold coast beaches play a major part in that.
The problem being at the moment is the heavy weather conditions have badly eroded the beaches. So much so that some beaches are closed because it is to dangerous to even go near the cliff face that is now there.




I heard the Gold Coast City Council was preparing a submission to the Government to source assistance to help address this erosion issue.



Was on CH9 news tonight that the state government had rejected the submission and said that there was no funds available for anything like that.
When they waste 2 million on a non independent political report and another 6 million giving themselves pay rises you have to wonder just how genuine the LNP are



Didn't the GC City Council like save upwards of $500k for opting out of a Queensland wide association of councils?

Maybe they can spend that money for this...

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  21:33:31  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
500 grand doesn't even cover 10 MP pay rises

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  21:42:09  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lucky it's an annual payment they have scraped then, isn't it?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 12.27 seconds.