V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  10:44:19  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know Rudd, jeez you have some important friends, yet you choose to post here

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  10:55:41  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, you can only hope because it won't happen - and unlike other royal commissions, it would be unlikely to unearth anything not already known. Speaking of public expenditure waste: That's what it would be. The royal commission into the construction industry cost $60 million in 2001 dollars, and the current royal commission into child sex abuse is estimated to run over $100 million. At least they unearthed (or will unearth) a lot of criminal behaviour. Criminal behaviour re pink batts is being investigated and prosecuted without any need for a royal commission.

If you do know Kevin, just have a quiet word with him, and tell him to think things through in future, instead of acting on thought bubbles.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  11:05:15  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

You know Rudd, jeez you have some important friends, yet you choose to post here

You should feel very blessed

I know Rudd through going to university with his son and some other matters that I need not go into on here.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  12:16:03  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Yep, you can only hope because it won't happen - and unlike other royal commissions, it would be unlikely to unearth anything not already known. Speaking of public expenditure waste: That's what it would be. The royal commission into the construction industry cost $60 million in 2001 dollars, and the current royal commission into child sex abuse is estimated to run over $100 million. At least they unearthed (or will unearth) a lot of criminal behaviour. Criminal behaviour re pink batts is being investigated and prosecuted without any need for a royal commission.

If you do know Kevin, just have a quiet word with him, and tell him to think things through in future, instead of acting on thought bubbles.

well said Zac.

Everything that needs to be known is out there.

I am still fascinated to know the reason why the coroner decided to make mention of it, if no-one raised it in testimony then the coroner had right to raise it unless for purely political reasons, if detail about the Government policy was tabled at the inquest then he has the right to comment.

Me, I think it was politically motivated, but Rudd or the Labor Party won't persue it as it would serve no useful purpose and in fact would like they were being vendictive.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  13:26:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am still fascinated to know the reason why the coroner decided to make mention of it, if no-one raised it in testimony then the coroner had right to raise it unless for purely political reasons, if detail about the Government policy was tabled at the inquest then he has the right to comment.

Here is the link to the coroner's report: http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/203374/cif-fuller-mj-barnes-rk-sweeney-ms-20130704.pdf

If you look under the title 'The Evidence' you will see that it details:

• the HIP (home insulation program)

• requirements under HIP - both registration and training and supervision

Not only this but you will see that the Federal Government was given leave to appear and two secretaries of the Home Energy Branch of the (Federal) Department of Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts gave evidence.

And I also direct you to the issues that the inquest looked at, particularly:

• what induction and training was required for work under HIP

• the immediate circumstances leading up to the deaths

• the immediate response of each of the relevant State and Federal governments to each of the deaths including measures taken to prevent future deaths from occuring in similar circumstances

So, could the coroner make a finding about the adequacy of the federal government's handling of the program and response to the deaths? Yes. Should the coroner have made a finding? Yes.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 07 Jul 2013 13:29:01
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  13:52:17  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for clearing that up.

With regard to the first bullet point, all that is covered under individual States OHS legislation, it even falls under some Federal legislation, but ultimately the responsibility falls to the employer.

No comment from me on the 2nd bullet point.

If there is some accountability for the Federal Government then I guess it would fall into the 3rd bullet point, and I say 'if'

Edited by - Trev on 07 Jul 2013 13:57:08
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  14:26:54  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://nofibs.com.au/2013/07/06/exclusive-abbott-forced-to-repay-taxpayers-9400-he-charged-taxpayers-to-promote-his-book/

The Opposition leader, Mr Abbott, was forced to repay taxpayers nearly $9,400 after receiving travel expenses to promote his book Battlelines in 2009.

The repayment occurred after Mr Abbott publicly denied the allegation through a spokesman, who stated:

“All travel undertaken by Mr Abbott has been within the entitlement. This is a blatant attempt by Labor to smear and mislead.”

- - -

Hmmm. Makes me wonder what he will pull if we give him the keys to the country...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  14:38:14  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

http://nofibs.com.au/2013/07/06/exclusive-abbott-forced-to-repay-taxpayers-9400-he-charged-taxpayers-to-promote-his-book/

The Opposition leader, Mr Abbott, was forced to repay taxpayers nearly $9,400 after receiving travel expenses to promote his book Battlelines in 2009.

The repayment occurred after Mr Abbott publicly denied the allegation through a spokesman, who stated:

“All travel undertaken by Mr Abbott has been within the entitlement. This is a blatant attempt by Labor to smear and mislead.”

- - -

Hmmm. Makes me wonder what he will pull if we give him the keys to the country...

Not unusual for an MP for this to occur. As long as the excess entitlement money is paid back and thus not requiring the matter to be referred to the AFP, I can't see there being too much of a drama.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  15:22:11  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

- - -

Probably just do what the LNP do in QLD and wind back the powers of the CMC so they can go back to what they believe was the good ole days of corruption under Joh

Don't laugh .. it's happening

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 07 Jul 2013 15:23:19
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  18:03:58  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

There is an obvious answer to that one but we won't go there
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  18:19:58  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

- - -

Not unusual for an MP for this to occur. As long as the excess entitlement money is paid back and thus not requiring the matter to be referred to the AFP, I can't see there being too much of a drama.

Not unusual...OK Then why is Slipper being raked over the coals for $900 in cab fair? Slipper to offered to pay back the amount but was rejected.

Wouldn't have anything to do with leaving the Liberal Party surely...

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Jul 2013 :  18:32:57  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

quote:

- - -

Not unusual...OK Then why is Slipper being raked over the coals for $900 in cab fair? Slipper to offered to pay back the amount but was rejected.

Wouldn't have anything to do with leaving the Liberal Party surely...

Probably because he was a serial offender

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  07:23:49  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The LNP are a bunch of money grubbing retards
After saying they couldn't change the legislation regarding their 41% pay increase when it's been proven they knew over 12 months ago they could and should they are now off to the supreme court to stop some public servants getting an interim pay rise

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  07:35:34  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Grubs

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  14:56:36  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

- - -

Is it usual for them to lie to the media and say nothing happened?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.94 seconds.