V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  10:56:56  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Really - hmmm, I am a Victorian and going by the News that wouldn't be the case, those rose-coloured glasses must be working over-time for you

You shouldn't take too much from the News but then again it might be difficult with the constant left wing bias that they have on the ABC

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  12:22:10  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How much is Campbell getting paid now, oh and I really love the comment by one of his Ministers, "oh I didn't know how much it would mean" bull-****, they know exactly how much. But that is Qld politics and we have enough to worry about down here with numb-nuts running this State

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 10 Jul 2013 12:22:34
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  12:35:34  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

How much is Campbell getting paid now, oh and I really love the comment by one of his Ministers, "oh I didn't know how much it would mean" bull-****, they know exactly how much. But that is Qld politics and we have enough to worry about down here with numb-nuts running this State

Wouldn't the VIC premier be on a lot more than Campbell as it stands atm?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  14:02:04  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

I was talking to a small business owner who does printing and he was saying that it was the worse 'recession' that he has seen in nearly 40 years. The recessions that occurred in the 70s and 90s pale into insignificance compared to this one as he believes the manufacturing sector that is hurting the most is being largely ignored because of the successes that the mining and banking sectors have had. He's also resigned to closing down his business if Rudd gets into power as he fears more of the same. Forget fixing the political party and how it appears to the public, fix the damn country first!

HA HA HA

Let's remember what happened when Rudd tried to bring in a proper mining tax. Your side cried and cried like a little schoolgirl and PM Rudd was eventually sacked.

And now you are crying like a little schoolgirl again because no one managed to reign in the runaway mining sector?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  14:12:21  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:

I was talking to a small business owner who does printing and he was saying that it was the worse 'recession' that he has seen in nearly 40 years. The recessions that occurred in the 70s and 90s pale into insignificance compared to this one as he believes the manufacturing sector that is hurting the most is being largely ignored because of the successes that the mining and banking sectors have had. He's also resigned to closing down his business if Rudd gets into power as he fears more of the same. Forget fixing the political party and how it appears to the public, fix the damn country first!

HA HA HA

Let's remember what happened when Rudd tried to bring in a proper mining tax. Your side cried and cried like a little schoolgirl and PM Rudd was eventually sacked.

And now you are crying like a little schoolgirl again because no one managed to reign in the runaway mining sector?

27 Ruddy wasn't sacked!
He was overthrown!
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  14:19:05  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Ruddy wasn't sacked!
He was overthrown!

have to agree with you on that one

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  19:21:26  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In lighthearted political news, KRudd is proving that he down with the kids, by using Instagram. His first picture on Instagram is his attempt at a Norman Gunston impersonation.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  19:54:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that why can't the government make changes to advance struggling industries to bring them up to the level of success that the mining and banking sectors have enjoyed. I don't discriminate between any class whether that be people or industry unlike the Labor party.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  21:20:06  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that why can't the government make changes to advance struggling industries to bring them up to the level of success that the mining and banking sectors have enjoyed. I don't discriminate between any class whether that be people or industry unlike the Labor party.

But you whinge about new taxes, regulation, and general government interference. Now you want to the government to bottle feed you. That goes against every principle the Libs stand for.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  21:24:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

quote:

But you whinge about new taxes, regulation, and general government interference. Now you want to the government to bottle feed you. That goes against every principle the Libs stand for.

No, reducing red tape and eliminating taxes is a way to assist struggling industries.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  23:30:02  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

quote:

No, reducing red tape and eliminating taxes is a way to assist struggling industries.

Hmm then who makes up for the short fall in revenue? Tax the consumer and they will spend less, they spend less and the businesses get less.

Libs introduced the GST and turned every business in to a tax collector, that would be the red tape you speak of. Not to mention that the Libs are the highest taxing government in OZ history. Now Abbott wants to introduce a new tax that is bigger than the carbon price on not just 500 businesses but 3600.

So what do you liberals really want? 'cause right now you're all a living contradiction.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  08:57:39  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

If business think it is bad now, wait to Abbott gets in and takes us back to Queensland

That assumes what they are doing in Queensland atm is wrong. The majority of Queensland would tend to disagree with you on that one

BS

That small business owner you'd be talking to would be in QLD , correct.
Come on Bundy you're not that silly.
When the state government slashes and burns everything in sight what does that do to your local economy.

You should ask some of the business owners in Brisbane city about what Vandal Newmns cuts have done to them

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  09:23:15  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

quote:

If business think it is bad now, wait to Abbott gets in and takes us back to Queensland

That assumes what they are doing in Queensland atm is wrong. The majority of Queensland would tend to disagree with you on that one

BS

That small business owner you'd be talking to would be in QLD , correct.
Come on Bundy you're not that silly.
When the state government slashes and burns everything in sight what does that do to your local economy.

You should ask some of the business owners in Brisbane city about what Vandal Newmns cuts have done to them

That person I was talking to was solely talking about the Federal government. The State government up here is doing what it has to do to reform and restructure the State's financial position. The same has to occur federally. Bottom line, we have to do better with each public dollar we spend.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  09:30:52  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stop trying deflect the issue.

Yes federal government can do better. Not arguing that. But you and your small business owner do business in QLD.
The LNP have done a brilliant job. Of putting a wrecking ball through the local economy.
Maybe he should be looking at all the problems created by politicians. Not just the ones he doesn't like

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  10:00:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Stop trying deflect the issue.

Yes federal government can do better. Not arguing that. But you and your small business owner do business in QLD.
The LNP have done a brilliant job. Of putting a wrecking ball through the local economy.
Maybe he should be looking at all the problems created by politicians. Not just the ones he doesn't like

Businesses and families are struggling atm because of both the policies of the state and federal governments. But the difference is that the state government is looking to build a strong economy/financial position and the only credible economic way of doing it is ensuring the foundations (i.e. eliminating debt) are secure while the path Labor federally are on (deficit, debt and no clear policy to deal with it) will only weaken our position over time.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.41 seconds.