V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  19:53:37  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Todays Sunday mail has reported that a poll commissioned by the LNP has found that they aren't anywhere near as popular as you and the rest of the LNP goons think

I hope you take as much pleasure from that as FPR's win today.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  09:49:37  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I don't particularly think it's funny and neither should you. Your favourite people seem to have developed a knack for making decisions on the run that come back to bite them in the arse. Perhaps if they concentrated more on proactive decisions rather than reactive ones we might all be happier.

Your favourite people do exactly the same thing. Just in the last 4 weeks Abbott and Co have flipped flopped making **** up as they go and share very little detail.

Pot - Kettle - Black

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/sweaty-palms-are-showing-20130726-2qpmf.html

The reaction over the FBT changes have been over the top. It was put in place to help business and employees purchase cars for work. Basically all that has changed is that businesses and employees now need to prove it. A staggering, obviously crippling 3 months over a 5 year period. A lousy $4.95 log book from the local newsagent and the world will continue to spin.

The only one complaining are the ones taking advantage of the FBT and using their cars solely for personal use.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  09:56:08  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

I don't particularly think it's funny and neither should you. Your favourite people seem to have developed a knack for making decisions on the run that come back to bite them in the arse. Perhaps if they concentrated more on proactive decisions rather than reactive ones we might all be happier.

Your favourite people do exactly the same thing. Just in the last 4 weeks Abbott and Co have flipped flopped making **** up as they go and share very little detail.

Pot - Kettle - Black

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/sweaty-palms-are-showing-20130726-2qpmf.html

The reaction over the FBT changes have been over the top. It was put in place to help business and employees purchase cars for work. Basically all that has changed is that businesses and employees now need to prove it. A staggering, obviously crippling 3 months over a 5 year period. A lousy $4.95 log book from the local newsagent and the world will continue to spin.

The only one complaining are the ones taking advantage of the FBT and using their cars solely for personal use.

One is supposedly governing, one is not - big difference!
We are all guilty of saying, "If I was ... I would..."
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  13:04:02  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

That sort of comment is in line with how Labor act as well. The "well as we see it all should be right from here and there should be no grey areas to exploit" type of reaction to it all going pear shaped, is just too common of an issue for them.

They did not foresee this sort of massive reaction coming from it, and now are hiding behind the 'we are doing whats right by policing it correctly and it should not be flouted' line. They simply would not of wanted this reaction and did not see it coming and continue to pay for these types of stuff ups. Many jobs are now lost and car sales are being shelved all for what, no one had a problem with it prior to the announcement as far as I'm aware...

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  22:35:07  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

quote:

That sort of comment is in line with how Labor act as well. The "well as we see it all should be right from here and there should be no grey areas to exploit" type of reaction to it all going pear shaped, is just too common of an issue for them.

They did not foresee this sort of massive reaction coming from it, and now are hiding behind the 'we are doing whats right by policing it correctly and it should not be flouted' line. They simply would not of wanted this reaction and did not see it coming and continue to pay for these types of stuff ups. Many jobs are now lost and car sales are being shelved all for what, no one had a problem with it prior to the announcement as far as I'm aware...

The Director of treasury had the issue Simon, Swan told him to piss-off when he was briefed on the idea, Bowen and Rudd jumped at it and now the auto industry and associated financial houses are in free-fall!!

Real winging idea Kevin, ya ********!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  23:47:44  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

One is supposedly governing, one is not - big difference!
We are all guilty of saying, "If I was ... I would..."

What makes you think the Libs will change if in government? They have done it before, they will do it again.

quote:

You wanted the Gov to fix the budget and get it under control. This is a result. Time to stop blaming the government every time your ass itches.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 30 Jul 2013 00:00:23
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  06:10:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am over this thread - right wingers pissing and moaning every time the Government 'talks' about something, that is right TALKS, not law, just TALK, for ****s sake get a grip on reality

Even the V8 section is becoming more interesting and attractive than listening to you blokes

see ya

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 30 Jul 2013 06:11:38
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  07:19:09  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How many times is it that you've left this thread now, Trev?
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  09:45:41  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
You wanted the Gov to fix the budget and get it under control. This is a result. Time to stop blaming the government every time your ass itches.

Actually first and foremost I want standards of living better with household costs not on this current incline. I am sick of seeing peoples jobs being cut down in time and having to accept wage cuts.

I don't see how that announcement has actually improved this myself Albert, more people out of work and car sales reduced...

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  15:39:40  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Actually first and foremost I want standards of living better with household costs not on this current incline. I am sick of seeing peoples jobs being cut down in time and having to accept wage cuts.

I don't see how that announcement has actually improved this myself Albert, more people out of work and car sales reduced...

And what if the likely event of a coalition victory and the FBT changes don't go through? All the industry has shown that it was poised, given the swiftness, to make these decsion regardless of any government announcement.

You cry about the loss of the car industry. Don't know about you but I heard Ford are closing and Holden are threatening all before the proposed FBT changes. Are these governement decisions too?

You talk about governemnt making decisions that hurt workers well sonny jim it was the Liberal IR reforms that screwed millions of Aussie workers with wages and penalties and job security and you think they will do better...LMAO!!!

Your standard of living is your resposibilty not anyone elses. If the government removed all taxes and duties you still have to pay your way to private companies. That's where your argument falls down. That's the beauty of paying taxes, you will get the services and infrstructure. If left to the private sector it won't be offered unless it makes a profit.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  16:29:06  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

And what if the likely event of a coalition victory and the FBT changes don't go through? All the industry has shown that it was poised, given the swiftness, to make these decsion regardless of any government announcement.

People got spooked by an announcement from a Labor announcement. Given their history with this sort of thing, I don't blame them from withdrawing orders.

quote:
You cry about the loss of the car industry. Don't know about you but I heard Ford are closing and Holden are threatening all before the proposed FBT changes. Are these governement decisions too?

So may as well just kill off jobs within the existing areas of industry because Ford are leaving in a few years time? Nice ethic right there...

quote:
You talk about governemnt making decisions that hurt workers well sonny jim it was the Liberal IR reforms that screwed millions of Aussie workers with wages and penalties and job security and you think they will do better...LMAO!!!

You might find it funny, but I prefer business being looked after creating a healthy workplace, rather than giving all to the worker and having their workplace collapse. Kinda short sighted...

quote:
Your standard of living is your resposibilty not anyone elses. If the government removed all taxes and duties you still have to pay your way to private companies. That's where your argument falls down. That's the beauty of paying taxes, you will get the services and infrstructure. If left to the private sector it won't be offered unless it makes a profit.

I didn't choose to help fund locally a new hospital with less beds than the one its replacing, or the upgrading of cricket oval that has gone over budget by a mile, or a worthless desal plant that isn't working but gave $328mill in grants too etc. I have to pay for all this stuff, so how is this my responsibility and not others? Power companies blame the Carbon Tax for increases in our bills, how is that my responsibility? Julia lied about it to us, it came in to pass and now I pay for it...

I am all fine for fair and reasonable infrastructure and services. I'm not though when its consistently poorly thought through and carried out with constant issues, continues to go way over budgets and runs us into further debt, or even propping up state government dramas without question when in the end it goes down the drain... Labor just keep doing it again and again. The Opposition will be far from perfect to, that I am sure of, but the old Libs way of doing things were far far better than what we have now as far as I stand.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  16:40:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

People got spooked by an announcement from a Labor announcement. Given their history with this sort of thing, I don't blame them from withdrawing orders.

quote:

So may as well just kill off jobs within the existing areas of industry because Ford are leaving in a few years time? Nice ethic right there...

quote:

You might find it funny, but I prefer business being looked after creating a healthy workplace, rather than giving all to the worker and having their workplace collapse. Kinda short sighted...

quote:

I didn't choose to help fund locally a new hospital with less beds than the one its replacing, or the upgrading of cricket oval that has gone over budget by a mile, or a worthless desal plant that isn't working but gave $328mill in grants too etc. I have to pay for all this stuff, so how is this my responsibility and not others? Power companies blame the Carbon Tax for increases in our bills, how is that my responsibility? Julia lied about it to us, it came in to pass and now I pay for it...

I am all fine for fair and reasonable infrastructure and services. I'm not though when its consistently poorly thought through and carried out with constant issues, continues to go way over budgets and runs us into further debt, or even propping up state government dramas without question when in the end it goes down the drain... Labor just keep doing it again and again. The Opposition will be far from perfect to, that I am sure of, but the old Libs way of doing things were far far better than what we have now as far as I stand.

Didn't you realise Willsy that the Labor party runs off the 'she'll be right' philosophy. So, it doesn't matter how much debt they incur or how poorly they operate a government, everything will be alright because they have no standards!

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  17:46:24  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Didn't you realise Willsy that the Labor party runs off the 'she'll be right' philosophy. So, it doesn't matter how much debt they incur or how poorly they operate a government, everything will be alright because they have no standards!

Hehe, and for these actions I have to take responsibility for them...

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  18:00:03  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Hehe, and for these actions I have to take responsibility for them...

Yep we exist in a place with no society at all where we have to fend for ourselves but yet are forced to pay up to 45% of what we earn in tax to these representatives that are not even there to make our life any easier

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  20:47:43  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Geez Bundy you've just described the LNP in QLD

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 14.88 seconds.