V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  19:53:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, the Independent Commission Against Corruption investigation handed down its findings into the process of Eddie Obeid obtaining and selling a mining license for his property.

It found that both Eddie Obeid, his son and the former NSW mining minister Ian McDonald as well as a whole host of other business people who were entangled in the affair had acted corruptly and have been referred to the NSW DPP, Comm DPP and ASIC for possible prosecution.

Obviously Rudd came out and condemned the actions of these people and NSW Labor Party in particular which as always I take with a grain of salt...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/ian-macdonald-eddie-obeid-facing-charges-after-being-found-by-icac-to-have-acted-corruptly/story-e6frgczx-1226688614716

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 Aug 2013 :  07:38:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After a thorough investigation by ICAC, we've been told what we knew already: Ian MacDonald and Eddie Obeid acted corruptly - and are corrupt. So are Eddie's sons, and so are a lot of (previously) supposedly smart and influential businessmen, as well as various others, keen to get their noses into the trough. Whether what we now know officially about the two NSW Labor ex-politicians will have any effect on federal politics, I don't know - but it can't help. Someone else who doesn't come out of this well is Graham Richardson. Mark Latham took a shot at Richo recently - and didn't miss: "How can the man who put Eddie Obeid into politics be wandering around talking about political judgement, calling the PM an idiot? The biggest idiot in Labor politics today is the man who put Obeid in Parliament, Graham Frederick Richardson." He took a few well-aimed shots at others, too: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/hes-always-inflating-his-numbers-latham-unleashes-extraordinary-diatribe-on-rudd-fitzgibbon-and-richardson-20130321-2gik7.html
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 01 Aug 2013 :  18:26:56  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

100,000 car sales wiped off, good one Kevin ya ********!!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/243976/fringe-benefits-tax-changes-to-wipe-out-100000-new-car-sales-fcai/

Maybe, if parliament has to sit again, and if not, If Labor win...

Noticed Abbott's Libs are going to keep the changes if they win, that is if the changes are in place before the election.

Maybe Santa is a real person.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Aug 2013 :  19:10:14  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Noticed Abbott's Libs are going to keep the changes if they win, that is if the changes are in place before the election.

They have no choice really, since Labor has ****ed our budget position

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  14:10:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So in just over 2 months, Labor is over $12 billion out in their "guesswork!"
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  18:13:51  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

100,000 car sales wiped off, good one Kevin ya ********!!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/243976/fringe-benefits-tax-changes-to-wipe-out-100000-new-car-sales-fcai/

Maybe, if parliament has to sit again, and if not, If Labor win...

Maybe Santa is a real person.

Kevin wants another sitting of parliament before the election so they can push his foolish policy through as he has the backing of the independants and greens on the bill. Abbott is already conceding that he probably wont have the numbers to defeat the bill if he does win government.

Some people should stop believing the crap Rudd/Bowen are sprouting and have a look at what the business and banking sectors are sying about this FBT policy.

Its going to put a lot of people out of work!!

How can that be good for the economy, if its going to impact and cost more under this policy than what its supposed to save?

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  18:28:58  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

So it is good policy for the budget then?

History repeats, the tightening of FBT on restaurants was going to kill the entire industry too. Who knew keeping a log book was so difficult.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  18:33:08  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

and some people are that pig headed that they still stick up for them while our country is raped

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  19:50:08  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

and some people are that pig headed that they still stick up for them while our country is raped

They are willing to go down with the sinking ship

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  23:13:55  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some people are ignorant and feel all warm and fuzzy listening to 3 word slogans. Last time the Libs had their figures checked they were out $70B.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  23:43:02  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

So it is good policy for the budget then?

The labor party has backed us into a corner so much so that highly questionable policy that would be so declared before the disaster we are now at with our budget has become passable in order to save our finances.

Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  07:00:33  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I genuinely feel that if labor get back in our economy will end up like Greece or Portugal

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  07:21:52  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
does anyone really believe that one party is any different from the other?

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  08:57:04  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

They are light years apart.

Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  09:10:04  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

They are light years apart.

in what way?

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.77 seconds.