V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

TristanN47
V8 Champion

Australia
937 Posts
joined 08 Oct 11

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:16:07  Show Profile Send TristanN47 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Penalties are killing jobs, says Tony Abbott"
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/penalties-are-killing-jobs-says-tony-abbott/story-e6frfkp9-1226631859048

Not a 100% "We're going to end them" but it's an obvious step towards it.

#5 Winterbottom #6 Mostert

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:18:20  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Labor doesn't
They're only looking after self interests...

Labor represent me very well, I'm a Joe average Australian. Problem here is the people that have the wealth complain the loudest because they can afford it. They complain because the Government isn't focused solely on them. Then the weak of mind believe the whole system is screwed.

Even if Tony Abbott wasn't a dead-set ****wit there is nothing the Libs offer that would attract my vote. In fact what little they have announced will actually hurt me.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:21:25  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TristanN47

"Penalties are killing jobs, says Tony Abbott"
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/penalties-are-killing-jobs-says-tony-abbott/story-e6frfkp9-1226631859048

Not a 100% "We're going to end them" but it's an obvious step towards it.

Fair Work is going to decide it not Abbott.

As for the rest of what you said, show me where Abbott is going to 'screw over the NDIS'?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:31:53  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by REM

If Sheenan(a conservative columnist) is writing this.....it's pretty ****en dire! What price democracy.......free ****in press my arse!

+ 1

Me and Bundy again.....gettin creepy!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:34:31  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

If Sheenan(a conservative columnist) is writing this.....it's pretty ****en dire! What price democracy.......free ****in press my arse!

+ 1

Me and Bundy again.....gettin creepy!

I'm a liberalist at heart

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:36:39  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Politicians will be exempt from what they cut and will probably only hurt us, the people that they supposedly serve the country for.

Abbott has said that he won't lead a minority government, so if the Liberals do win in that circumstance, will Abbott relieve himself from that position and hand it over to someone to the people like, such as Malcolm Turnbull?

Sssssssssooooooooooooo, this years election will be between The Milky Bar Kid, and someone who looks like a deer in the headlights every time he is interviewed. Thats a very tough decision.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:42:29  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Politicians will be exempt from what they cut and will probably only hurt us, the people that they supposedly serve the country for.

Abbott has said that he won't lead a minority government, so if the Liberals do win in that circumstance, will Abbott relieve himself from that position and hand it over to someone to the people like, such as Malcolm Turnbull?

Sssssssssooooooooooooo, this years election will be between The Milky Bar Kid, and someone who looks like a deer in the headlights every time he is interviewed. Thats a very tough decision.

Too funny!

From the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/04/election-2013-parties-voters-shallows?CMP=soc_567

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 04 Aug 2013 19:45:39
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:57:15  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM
From the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/04/election-2013-parties-voters-shallows?CMP=soc_567

After reading who the journalist was of that article, I take back this:

quote:
I have to hand it to you REM you have definitely found yourself a viable alternative to the big 2 news publications. Even though it does have rather a heavy English backdrop with the news angles it covers, it does seem to present the news in a balanced and independent manner.

http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38578&whichpage=1#767207

I should have known better than to trust you REM!

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  19:58:17  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Labor doesn't

Labor represent me very well, I'm a Joe average Australian. Problem here is the people that have the wealth complain the loudest because they can afford it. They complain because the Government isn't focused solely on them. Then the weak of mind believe the whole system is screwed.

Even if Tony Abbott wasn't a dead-set ****wit there is nothing the Libs offer that would attract my vote. In fact what little they have announced will actually hurt me.

So you're the one who got all the payouts!
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  20:23:55  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Labor doesn't

I get no welfare at all. I work for everything. That way when the governments change the rules like FBT, I don't have to cry like a spoilt child when the lollypop gets taken away.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  21:42:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Labor doesn't

I get no welfare at all. I work for everything. That way when the governments change the rules like FBT, I don't have to cry like a spoilt child when the lollypop gets taken away.

Think I might become a pensioner and make you bastards pay for me.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  11:31:11  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Murdoch is the grubbiest of all grubs.

I wouldn't bat an eye lid if that piece of crap was run over by a bus

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  12:08:12  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rudd has plunged $200 million into the car industry to off-set the damage that the increase to the fringe benefit's tax will do to the industry. Just another example of Rudd taking with one hand from the average joe and giving it with another to an industry that ought not to be propped up if it's ultimately doomed to fail.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/rudd-raids-fund-for-cars-package/story-fn9qr68y-1226691257742

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  17:38:43  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rudds now making policy on the run, and none of its good!!

I actually think Joe Hockey is right, Labor has lost control of itself and the economy!!

What next, a tax on bank accounts?

Spoke to soon didn't I!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  18:52:55  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Rudd has plunged $200 million into the car industry to off-set the damage that the increase to the fringe benefit's tax will do to the industry. Just another example of Rudd taking with one hand from the average joe and giving it with another to an industry that ought not to be propped up if it's ultimately doomed to fail.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/rudd-raids-fund-for-cars-package/story-fn9qr68y-1226691257742

So what was all that whinging about how it will hurt the local auto industry? Now you conceed the industry is failing anyway.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Labor doesn't

Think I might become a pensioner and make you bastards pay for me.

Under a Liberal government? Then you really will have something to complain about. After about 2 years you'll be wondering why you can't make ends meet.

_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 05 Aug 2013 19:00:06
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.55 seconds.