V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  19:32:20  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Rudd has plunged $200 million into the car industry to off-set the damage that the increase to the fringe benefit's tax will do to the industry. Just another example of Rudd taking with one hand from the average joe and giving it with another to an industry that ought not to be propped up if it's ultimately doomed to fail.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/rudd-raids-fund-for-cars-package/story-fn9qr68y-1226691257742

So what was all that whinging about how it will hurt the local auto industry? Now you conceed the industry is failing anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Labor doesn't
They're only looking after self interests...

Labor represent me very well, I'm a Joe average Australian. Problem here is the people that have the wealth complain the loudest because they can afford it. They complain because the Government isn't focused solely on them. Then the weak of mind believe the whole system is screwed.

Even if Tony Abbott wasn't a dead-set ****wit there is nothing the Libs offer that would attract my vote. In fact what little they have announced will actually hurt me.

So you're the one who got all the payouts!

I get no welfare at all. I work for everything. That way when the governments change the rules like FBT, I don't have to cry like a spoilt child when the lollypop gets taken away.

Think I might become a pensioner and make you bastards pay for me.

Under a Liberal government? Then you really will have something to complain about. After about 2 years you'll be wondering why you can't make ends meet.

I have been wondering that for the last few years

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  19:38:36  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yeah lifes awesome under labor...just as ford and holden workers.......fair dinkium this is dumb ****

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  19:49:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IMO if Labor get in again it's going to take us at least 10 years to turn this country around. It will take about half that time under a Liberal government.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  19:51:48  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

IMO if Labor get in again it's going to take us at least 10 years to turn this country around. It will take about half that time under a Liberal government.

I agree labor are crap, but you cant say the libs will be better..I will vote for them but only due to how dismal labor are, not how good the libs are cause they havnt done anything yet

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  19:55:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

I agree labor are crap, but you cant say the libs will be better..

I can say the libs will be better as history tells me that the Labor party can't govern the country let alone themselves

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  20:22:37  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Rudd has plunged $200 million into the car industry to off-set the damage that the increase to the fringe benefit's tax will do to the industry. Just another example of Rudd taking with one hand from the average joe and giving it with another to an industry that ought not to be propped up if it's ultimately doomed to fail.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/rudd-raids-fund-for-cars-package/story-fn9qr68y-1226691257742

So what was all that whinging about how it will hurt the local auto industry? Now you conceed the industry is failing anyway.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Labor doesn't
They're only looking after self interests...

Labor represent me very well, I'm a Joe average Australian. Problem here is the people that have the wealth complain the loudest because they can afford it. They complain because the Government isn't focused solely on them. Then the weak of mind believe the whole system is screwed.

Even if Tony Abbott wasn't a dead-set ****wit there is nothing the Libs offer that would attract my vote. In fact what little they have announced will actually hurt me.

So you're the one who got all the payouts!

I get no welfare at all. I work for everything. That way when the governments change the rules like FBT, I don't have to cry like a spoilt child when the lollypop gets taken away.

Think I might become a pensioner and make you bastards pay for me.

Under a Liberal government? Then you really will have something to complain about. After about 2 years you'll be wondering why you can't make ends meet.

Um, hullo!

That's happening now under the Labor government...
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  20:28:41  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Now you conceed the industry is failing anyway.

I always have

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  23:19:27  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

yeah lifes awesome under labor...just as ford and holden workers.......fair dinkium this is dumb ****

Hang on a second. Labor have been supporting the local car industry. Even to a point where they are getting flack for doing so. Without it Ford and holden would have already packed up.

quote:

Um, hullo!

That's happening now under the Labor government...

Umm the pension has been raise substantially more under Labor than the Libs.

How did it go again?...Our policies are well though out and fully costed" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V--9cIScz8

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 05 Aug 2013 23:35:05
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  08:13:04  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If this wasn't so tragic, it'd be funny - Rudd, "This election is all about trust."
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  09:57:45  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It appears that Rudd is bailing out General Motors USA not Holden. If Holden is so near to closing down, why isn't the real owner of Holden (GM USA) sticking their hands in their own pockets instead of Australian pockets.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  13:33:44  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

It appears that Rudd is bailing out General Motors USA not Holden. If Holden is so near to closing down, why isn't the real owner of Holden (GM USA) sticking their hands in their own pockets instead of Australian pockets.

Why would they want to intervene when the current Government is so willing to keep giving handouts to Holden?

Interest rates lowered to 2.5%.

At the same time, the Coalition is not promising that any future government it leads will have lower interest rates than that of Labor.

7.26% compared to 7.29% as a long-term average for both parties with it being in favour of the Liberals is what I heard on radio as the current state of play.

All this shows that Howard was perhaps wrong to place so much emphasis in having low interest rates. That said, with Howard's interests rates averaging around about 7% IIRC during the height of his popularity and the country's economic prosperity in 2004 compared to on average around about 15% for Labor in the mid 1990s it shows just how far the RBA (and Labor given they had control and influence over the board) got it wrong with indicators of a weak economy just as prevalent as they were back then as they are today.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/coalition-drops-lower-rates-pledge/story-fn9qr68y-1226692017564

Edited by - bundy5 on 06 Aug 2013 15:43:08
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  16:25:07  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A famous quote comes to mind: "Context is all" or "Context is everything". In fact, John Howard quoted it today when questioned about "interest rates always being lower..." etc. He said that during a booming economy, and he was right. Our economy is no longer booming, far from it - and having lower interest rates in the current climate is not something either side of politics should be advertising as a plus.

Listening to John Howard today made me realise how far the Libs have fallen. Love him or hate him, he had command of the issues and could speak with authority on them. Unlike the current leader - and way ahead of the current PM as well.

Edited by - Zac on 06 Aug 2013 16:26:22
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  21:16:18  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What kind of economic illiterate places value on low interest rates? Low interest rates are a sign of a weak economy, nothing more. Any lower and they will be almost zero.

Bundy, all you are cheering is that the economy required lower interest rates under Liberal governments and was therefore probably in a worse position.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  21:27:42  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

What kind of economic illiterate places value on low interest rates?

Wasn't that what Rudd and Bowen were doing today?

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  21:41:44  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
To be honest, I still have not made up my mind and will not vote for either side because that is what I have always done or thats what my family does.

Most of the arguments on here are along party lines, you are either Labor or Coalition!

Perhaps its time some of you pulled your heads out of your own bums and actually had a real good look at what both sides really do have to offer, not just run at the mouth anti one side or the other because you are party aligned!!!!

This election is starting to look a lot like the last one, hung!!

There is not going to be a winner this time, which ever side we get, WE still LOSE!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8.94 seconds.