V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  21:16:12  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Peak Revs

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Abbott the clear winner in tonight's debate. Rudd spent too much time looking at his notes and focusing on the Coalition's policies rather than the things he would do to fix the mess he's got our country in. Abbott looked a lot more measured and genuine in what he had to say.

what a load of ****

Such a shame for Rudd too - because he has been talking up having a debate

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  22:09:58  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He was prepared for it, thats why he wrote notes.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  22:18:02  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

He was prepared for it, thats why he wrote notes.

And Abbott wasn't?

The fact that Abbott was able to speak without the use of notes shows who the real debater is...

On gay marriage, as I always thought, Rudd's change of position to become pro gay marriage early on in the year was all just a ploy to use it during the election time as a populist measure to attract the lefties and progressive vote.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

TristanN47
V8 Champion

Australia
937 Posts
joined 08 Oct 11

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  23:21:47  Show Profile Send TristanN47 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When asked how the Coalition will keep the benefits of the mining/carbon tax etc when they remove them;
Abbott's reply: "We will tell soon"

We are less than 4 weeks away from the election & the opposition are hiding policy....
[sarcasm] Definitely fit to run the country... [sarcasm/]

#5 Winterbottom #6 Mostert

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  23:29:10  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TristanN47

When asked how the Coalition will keep the benefits of the mining/carbon tax etc when they remove them;
Abbott's reply: "We will tell soon"

We are less than 4 weeks away from the election & the opposition are hiding policy....
[sarcasm] Definitely fit to run the country... [sarcasm/]

What's the point of releasing costings early when the government themselves can't even get their budget figures right?

They will be released with a week to go I suspect, which will still be better than what Rudd did in 07 which was to give them to Treasury on the final day of the campaign.

Go to Top of Page

Peak Revs
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 05 May 06

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  06:26:23  Show Profile  Visit Peak Revs's Homepage Send Peak Revs a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

What's the point of releasing costings early
because you are putting yourself forward as an alternative government
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  07:42:54  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Abbott the clear winner in tonight's debate. Rudd spent too much time looking at his notes and focusing on the Coalition's policies rather than the things he would do to fix the mess he's got our country in. Abbott looked a lot more measured and genuine in what he had to say.

"Mess"....what is with you Libs...you don't get your own way....you trash talk the country....shame! We suffer enough of that born to rule BS from Abbott

But hey...how was the shirt front by Abbott...creepy stuff! How much would he look at home in a SS uniform!!!!..scary....
http://twitpic.com/d7okxy?fb_action_ids=10151600071538316&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 12 Aug 2013 07:44:38
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  08:07:05  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Should have been easy for Abbott, bundy. No detail, no policy, same old lines we have been hearing for the last 5 years.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  09:21:05  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Actually turns out that it was against the debate's rules to have notes. But remember this is Rudd here, a born bureaucrat, there would be no chance that he would be able to make an address or debate without notes...

@ REM - looks like a handshake with plenty of authority but not the way Latham did it which was to tug Howard towards him.

And BTW - I'm sure you will join with me and commend Abbott's funding for surf life saving yesterday

Go to Top of Page

Peak Revs
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 05 May 06

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  09:27:16  Show Profile  Visit Peak Revs's Homepage Send Peak Revs a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

but not the way Latham did it which was to tug Howard towards him.

you obviously don't know why Latham did that did you, read his book and you will learn something

he did it because howard being the typical small person has a bruiser handshake and he shooks hands with lathams wife and really hurt her, so latham thought next time I see that little prick I will do the same back and he did and copped it for doing it, it was alright for howard to do it but not latham, go figure
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  09:35:28  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Peak Revs

quote:

but not the way Latham did it which was to tug Howard towards him.

you obviously don't know why Latham did that did you, read his book and you will learn something

he did it because howard being the typical small person has a bruiser handshake and he shooks hands with lathams wife and really hurt her, so latham thought next time I see that little prick I will do the same back and he did and copped it for doing it, it was alright for howard to do it but not latham, go figure

Seems like a very convenient argument to make to explain Latham's handshake on Howard. Not saying what he says in his book isn't true as it may just well be but it is convenient.

In other political news, boost in the opinion polls to Abbott from the latest Newspoll - 52-48 in favour of the coalition.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  14:46:44  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't watch the "debate", having better things to do on a Sunday evening, but it's been hard to get away from it on radio, internet and papers today. Sounds like a non-event - possibly a slight points advantage to Abbott, but very slight. Let's face it, the only time these "debates" become interesting or election altering is when someone really stuffs up. No stuff ups, but Rudd is getting tetchy while Abbott is starting to half resemble someone with a chance of being a leader.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  15:45:13  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you know I watched (with the worm) and according to the worm and my opinion, rudd killed abbott, murdoch press are really going after rudd now

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  15:57:09  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Trev. Good to see you back again. Almost a fortnight.

I've just watched as much as I could stand via the internet. No-one killed anyone, neither landed a killer punch and neither really stuffed up (apart from having notes in a no-notes debate). Must be those rose-coloured glasses over that eye of yours creating a mirage of some kind - and that worm is about as accurate as ex-Treasurer Swan's budget forecasts.

EDIT to add: I've just heard people on ABC talkback here in Sydney talking about the worm. It seems he was behaving quite differently on 7 MATE to how he was behaving on GEM. Funny little worm.

Edited by - Zac on 12 Aug 2013 16:28:01
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  15:57:27  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
4th consecutive day of negative press towards Rudd.
Didn't look at the papers before that but i'm sure there won't be any difference
Murdoch is a low life **** and the quicker Rudd just comes out tells the people of Australia why Murdoch and Abbott want a piece of crap for a NBN the better. In fact i'd even take out full pages add's in that ****s paper and plaster it all over the TV.

Abbott was made to look like the complete blithering fool that he is last night.
I wouldn't say either of them won it

Every time he opened his mouth and stated bitching like a school kid or repeating the same BS that he has for the last 3 years the worm nose dived.

Anybody that reckons Abbott won that wasn't obviously watching or is just another LNP loving clown.

The pic that REM posted was aptly named.

Twitpic. What was Abbott thinking. Anyone would think he was just about to step into the ring for a boxing match.

Just shows what a complete cranker he is.
Good ole cardboard cut out Abbott.
If you turn him over i'm sure you'll find a hole in his back where Rupert and Gina put their hands

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 12 Aug 2013 16:10:48
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 30.81 seconds.