V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  08:45:22  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Good strategy from the Liberals today with the announcement of the even harder line policy for asylum seekers. Right out of Howard's book with no refugees being accepted as residents but instead temporary protection visas will be given if anything is to be granted.

Yeah it's great policy..refusing them access of tribunals and legal rights-protection is even sweeter.. ..my hunch is that he is saving the 'illegals must wear yellow stars' until the last week of the election....really coming together..as they look to bring back the..final solution.....oh sorry....pacific solution and all.....as long as it keeps the economy strong heh......damn judes....eh...sorry..meant... illegals!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 17 Aug 2013 08:52:58
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  08:55:38  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Good strategy from the Liberals today with the announcement of the even harder line policy for asylum seekers. Right out of Howard's book with no refugees being accepted as residents but instead temporary protection visas will be given if anything is to be granted.

Yeah it's great policy..refusing them access of tribunals and legal rights-protection is even better.. ..my hunch is that he is saving the 'illegals must wear yellow stars' until the last week of the election....hey it would fit..as they look to bring back the..final solution.....oh sorry....pacific solution and all.....

Refusing them access to any right of appeal prevents the lawyers who are progressive at heart from intervening and granting residency as they have been tending to do recently

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  09:07:21  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Yeah it's great policy..refusing them access of tribunals and legal rights-protection is even better.. ..my hunch is that he is saving the 'illegals must wear yellow stars' until the last week of the election....hey it would fit..as they look to bring back the..final solution.....oh sorry....pacific solution and all.....

Refusing them access to any right of appeal prevents the lawyers who are progressive at heart from intervening and granting residency as they have been tending to do recently

Yep...can't have the law and procedure interfering with policy.....Abbott as with Howard is about exploiting bigotry and fear, that must always prevail....hey what about... 'Stop the boats and say no to towel heads?"..sounds good...?

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  09:22:56  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So the current situation with people just arriving via people smugglers in ever greater numbers (those that make it, that is) should just continue? That's the "law and procedure" you're talking about, is it?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  09:23:32  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Yep...can't have the law and procedure interfering with policy.....Abbott as with Howard is about exploiting bigotry and fear, that must always prevail....hey what about... 'Stop the boats and say no to towel heads?"..sounds good...?

Doesn't it all come down to the legitimacy of the sovereign government to decide the circumstances in which people arrive to this country? If they enact law which reflects their intentions as they have been spelling out up until this point, who is any court to interfere with such objectives, especially with the likely mandate that will ensue? Sure if fairness in procedure hasn't been afforded to them as set down in the relevant Act then they should have a right to appeal but an appeal shouldn't be allowed for anything related to the substance or merit of the actual decision to refuse.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  09:26:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"We Australians decide who comes to live here."

I like it!
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  10:46:23  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yes, yes....sovereign Govenment's, mandates, support of the masses...yes, yes(did Hitler have those?)....nothing to do with racism....I look forward to when the first yank who stays illegally is locked up at Naru..!

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  11:08:21  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

yes, yes....sovereign Govenment's, mandates, support of the masses...yes, yes(did Hitler have those?)....nothing to do with racism....I look forward to when the first yank who stays illegally is locked up at Naru..!

So therefore the overwhelming majority of people in this country are racists?

What happened to the majority deciding what's in the best interests of this country?

We have a migration intake of 13,000 where each applicant has to go through a legitimate processing channel to be successful and IIRC the Coalition will raise that to 20,000 if they take office which shows me a government that is prepared to embrace immigration, no?

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  11:27:32  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see my eye man DR Bill Glasson is running against Mr Rudd for Griffith. I wish Bill all the best as he is one of the nicest blokes you could ever have the pleasure of knowing. He has the ability to talk to people and recall at later dates that conversation, something Kevin wouldn't understand about people, you need to give a damn to be effective!!

I think he is up against it running in opposition to a sitting Prime Minister, but Little Johnny got the boot when it was his time, hopefully for Bill's sake, its Little Kevin's time too!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  13:45:27  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can't see that happening, but just over a week ago on here, I said that Peter Beattie would win the seat of Forde - and so did all the media commentators. Now it seems he's heading for defeat. What's going on out there in the electorates? A week or so ago, Rudd was way in front as preferred leader, and Labor was ahead in most of the marginal seats. Now Abbott has closed on Rudd and the Coalition is ahead in every marginal where there has been recent polling. Even allowing for margins of error of 4-5%, it looks like a Coalition election victory, but the way the polls are, it could swing the other way in the next couple of weeks. Beats me. I can't see Abbott or the Coalition doing anything to cause any rise in the polls. Maybe it's just the usual Australian way of voting governments out, not in.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  14:33:51  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Beattie will never win the seat of Forde.

He's not a big enough bogan.

This morning driving up to the Logan Hyperdome the street was lined with Liberals supporters all waving like clowns to the passing traffic.
Up at the next roundabout all four exits were maned with Labor supporters all waving like clowns to the passing traffic

Anyway on leaving the Hyperdome I spot this lowered white VE Commodore plastered with Bert Van Manen stickers.

That bloke certainly fits in with what the rest of Brisbane calls Logan city. Bogan City

This Commode was dumped on it's guts and had a set of either 19 or 20" chromeys on it.
Bert will be Bogans cities choice. Then again he fits in well so he should

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  14:53:07  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

We have a migration intake of 13,000 where each applicant has to go through a legitimate processing channel to be successful and IIRC the Coalition will raise that to 20,000 if they take office which shows me a government that is prepared to embrace immigration, no?

Nup, the coalition are going to lower it to 13,000. not raise it.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  16:04:29  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

This morning driving up to the Logan Hyperdome the street was lined with Liberals supporters all waving like clowns to the passing traffic.

Don't forget Michael Choi started all that roadside waving concept up here in Capalaba when he used to wave at the corner of Redland Bay and Moreton Bay Road.

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Nup, the coalition are going to lower it to 13,000. not raise it.

It's 13000 now (as it has always been, well in recent years anyway) and IIRC they are going to raise it. Could be wrong though

I'll try to find a link.

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong It is the government increasing the quota to 20,000 not the Coalition. Knew something was happening...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-23/abbott-plans-to-reduce-refugee-intake/4387948

Oh well even keeping it at the status quo of 13000 places is still one of the most generous migration schemes in the world

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I can't see that happening, but just over a week ago on here, I said that Peter Beattie would win the seat of Forde - and so did all the media commentators. Now it seems he's heading for defeat.

Certainly the internet blogs/comment sections have been massively against this move of Labor's. This poll reflects that angry sentiment.

Looks like Rudd's PNG policy is in trouble with the PNG government refusing to acknowledge Rudd's pitch to the voters that all genuine refugees will be re-settled in PNG and none of them here in Australia.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/png-solution-unravelling-morrison-20130816-2s2cy.html

Edited by - bundy5 on 17 Aug 2013 16:34:26
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  16:42:12  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Andrew Lemon and the plonker have been waving for years as well.

You can tell there's an election.

The people of Bowman are now seeing and hearing Lemon for the first time since 2010.
Sorry that's when he's not Mr Rent a comment regarding local government issues

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  16:55:25  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Andrew Lemon and the plonker have been waving for years as well.

You can tell there's an election.

The people of Bowman are now seeing and hearing Lemon for the first time since 2010.
Sorry that's when he's not Mr Rent a comment regarding local government issues

Nope, first started with Choi in about 98. Laming soon followed suit.

Don't worry I'll be out there supporting him on election day given how important this election is.

Edited by - bundy5 on 17 Aug 2013 16:56:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.2 seconds.