V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  17:30:39  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does peoples support for a racist policy make the country racist...hmm...an interesting question...but I think not. Playing to people fears and prejudice and increasing their sense of anxiety for political exploitation says more about the player....than the mark...worked back in 1939...

David Oldfield use to be Abbott's adviser no....? Colorful character...would you call him racist?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 17 Aug 2013 17:36:33
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  17:38:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Does peoples support for a racist policy make the country racist...hmm...an interesting question...but I think not. Playing to people fears and prejudice and increasing their sense of anxiety for political exploitation says more about the player....than the mark...worked back in 1939...

David Oldfield use to be Abbott's adviser no....? Colorful character...would you call him racist?

What racist policy you talkin' 'bout Willis?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  17:40:11  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Not sure about either of the two contexts that you put Oldfield in but Oldfield's other contemporary Hansen was a racist, no?

I thought it was common knowledge that Abbott was just following Howard's boats policy which worked

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  19:08:43  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
10 years ago.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  19:26:09  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

10 years ago.

Whose to say it won't work again? Certainly the evidence clearly points that it will.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  19:42:07  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

I thought it was common knowledge that Abbott was just following Howard's boats policy which worked

That's right, Abbott is just following Howard's policy and the Libs won the 2007 and 2010 elections due to their strong border protection policy.

Oh wait...

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  19:46:04  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

10 years ago.

Whose to say it won't work again? Certainly the evidence clearly points that it will.

What evidence is that?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  19:59:33  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Andrew Lemon and the plonker have been waving for years as well.

You can tell there's an election.

The people of Bowman are now seeing and hearing Lemon for the first time since 2010.
Sorry that's when he's not Mr Rent a comment regarding local government issues

Nope, first started with Choi in about 98. Laming soon followed suit.

Don't worry I'll be out there supporting him on election day given how important this election is.

You'd save yourself a lot of grief if you actually read things.

Did I say the Plonker and Lemon started that stupid waving before Choi

I wouldn't expect anything else from a one eyed Liberal born to rule LNP lover

Lemon will be fairly safe. Even though he hasn't been seen or heard since the last election apart from his rent a comment on issues that have nothing to do with him.
Although he heavily endorsed that Kim Hardman who didn't utter a word in nearly 3 months and has been nothing but a passenger in the Redland City Council

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  20:09:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

10 years ago.

What evidence is that?

Something about the boats dramatically decreasing in number after it was introduced. Could be just a coincidence though?

And Col - where has Briskey been? I've hardly seen his caravan this whole election.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  20:30:24  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Something about the boats dramatically decreasing in number after it was introduced. Could be just a coincidence though?

10 years ago...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  20:32:17  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

10 years ago...

Actually 5 years ago - Rudd changed it in 08 and the boats began coming again.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  21:58:05  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What we need is someone to actually interview these arseholes and make them spill their guts on their respective policies, not have the interviewer getting side-tracked to steer clear of the issues that are important that neither side wants to discuss!

This whole election campaign is a friggin farce, so far I have seen nothing but bull**** finger pointing from both sides with little to no actual policy content!!

How can you lot be so ****ing blinded by party lines not to see exactly what both sides offer, ****ing nothing!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  22:23:34  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

10 years ago...

They started coming back before then.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  22:34:15  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

10 years ago...

They started coming back before then.

What the average of 3 per year in the last couple of years of the Howard government?

They spiked when Rudd dumped Howard's policy.

Now is the country's chance to deliver its verdict for Rudd's failed ways.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  08:13:25  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There was a global spike in asylum seekers. But hey, who gives a **** about the whole picture.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.48 seconds.