V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  09:00:34  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

There was a global spike in asylum seekers. But hey, who gives a **** about the whole picture.

There was?

We just happened to get a few thousand percent increase on the previous rate of arrivals. I would like to see countries who had similar % to us...

In other news, Labor despite trying to distance themselves from the greens the last few months have jumped into bed with them for their preferences for the Senate in every state but Queensland (where they have gone with Katter instead - which is hypocritical by Katter in itself considering what the government has done to the live export trade). Same old same old with Labor; vote Labor; vote the greens.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  09:12:40  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The most interesting political flyer award has to go to Clive Palmer, as his handouts come with a free DVD.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  10:25:21  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

And Col - where has Briskey been? I've hardly seen his caravan this whole election.

Rather than just buying space on billboards like Andrew Lemon has Briskey has actually been out and about.`

The other day he visited both Victoria Point shopping centres and he was in Cleveland as well.
A mate also said he was down at the SMBI transit centre

Getting back to Lemon. I haven't seen his smug face anywhere apart from the billboard space he bought and even that's from last election as he now has another little girl.

Briskey was fairly popular down here till he retired.
I have no idea about the polling but it wouldn't surprise me if he beat Laming as a lot of people have been saying the same thing that I have about only seeing him now there's an election

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  11:20:28  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

There was a global spike in asylum seekers. But hey, who gives a **** about the whole picture.

There was?

We just happened to get a few thousand percent increase on the previous rate of arrivals. I would like to see countries who had similar % to us...

In other news, Labor despite trying to distance themselves from the greens the last few months have jumped into bed with them for their preferences for the Senate in every state but Queensland (where they have gone with Katter instead - which is hypocritical by Katter in itself considering what the government has done to the live export trade). Same old same old with Labor; vote Labor; vote the greens.

Yeah, because Australia is the only country in the worldto have to deal with refugees.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  12:57:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

And Col - where has Briskey been? I've hardly seen his caravan this whole election.

Rather than just buying space on billboards like Andrew Lemon has Briskey has actually been out and about.`

The other day he visited both Victoria Point shopping centres and he was in Cleveland as well.
A mate also said he was down at the SMBI transit centre

Getting back to Lemon. I haven't seen his smug face anywhere apart from the billboard space he bought and even that's from last election as he now has another little girl.

Briskey was fairly popular down here till he retired.
I have no idea about the polling but it wouldn't surprise me if he beat Laming as a lot of people have been saying the same thing that I have about only seeing him now there's an election

How come his daughter isn't running? Better chance IMO

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  14:43:01  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Yeah, because Australia is the only country in the worldto have to deal with refugees.

You would think it was, Abbotts lot has been making mileage from the misery of only a handfull of people in the total scheme of things!!

The boats are a convenient smokescreen to use so that Abbott doesn't have to produce any real policies!!

Personally, the boats are not really a priority, there are more pressing issues to deal with than a couple of thousand people on boats!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  15:25:16  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:

You would think it was, Abbotts lot has been making mileage from the misery of only a handfull of people in the total scheme of things!!

The boats are a convenient smokescreen to use so that Abbott doesn't have to produce any real policies!!

Personally, the boats are not really a priority, there are more pressing issues to deal with than a couple of thousand people on boats!!

What about their policy to keep the FBT car benefits vs. Labor's plans to scrap it?

Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  15:44:13  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I agree with you on this one. I don't think it is the huge deal its made out to be. I have heard it does cost us a fair bit though, is this correct?

Also its not really a good look having people smuggled onto our shores, so I feel some sort of hard stance needs to be shown. Realistically though I am much more concerned about other areas.

Edited by - willsy on 18 Aug 2013 15:44:48
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  15:56:36  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

quote:

quote:

I agree with you on this one. I don't think it is the huge deal its made out to be. I have heard it does cost us a fair bit though, is this correct?

Also its not really a good look having people smuggled onto our shores, so I feel some sort of hard stance needs to be shown. Realistically though I am much more concerned about other areas.

$Billions I believe Willsy. There was some figures floating around somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  17:41:56  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another irresponsible thing for Rudd to say - very typical of him and Labor though. Always about the scare tactics.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/rudd-says-liberal-spending-cuts-would-cause-recession/story-fn9qr68y-1226699413194

Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  18:12:29  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whats up with the Labor Poster Boards being predominantly blue, I always assume Labor is red, but the only bit of red is the little logo in the corner?

This is my local Labor Members one.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  18:29:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My guess would be that they are trying to imitate the Liberals' colours in an attempt to limit the favourable effect it may have on voters' consciences. Also catch the unsuspecting voters I would say who think they are voting for the liberals. The colour is also fresh and represents something that is new and its use is a far cry from the dark and dreary black that has accompanied labor signage of the past.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  18:51:08  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That or they are not to be confused with Katters predominantly red signs. But I'm sure there are more sinister motives. What was that you were saying about scare tactics bundy?

quote:

Another irresponsible thing for Rudd to say - very typical of him and Labor though. Always about the scare tactics.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/rudd-says-liberal-spending-cuts-would-cause-recession/story-fn9qr68y-1226699413194

The Libs have bleeting on end for 6 years how the sky will fall under the Labor Governemnt. The thing is though, Rudd is right, servere cut to the economy will result in recession.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 18 Aug 2013 19:04:50
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  20:30:21  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

That or they are not to be confused with Katters predominantly red signs. But I'm sure there are more sinister motives. What was that you were saying about scare tactics bundy?

quote:

The Libs have bleeting on end for 6 years how the sky will fall under the Labor Governemnt. The thing is though, Rudd is right, servere cut to the economy will result in recession.

Putting aside the scrapping of the carbon tax and mining tax and the obvious flow on benefits to the economy that will have, I don't understand how Rudd's argument is anything but another poorly thought through and off the cuff remark if Abbott is committed to keeping the compensation for the carbon tax?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  22:49:50  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And how will Abbott pay for keeping the compensation for the carbon price? How will he fund a 1.5% cut in company tax? how will he fund his gold plated PPL scheme? Keeping in mind that he won't get any extra money from company tax. How will he pay back any debt if he is going to kill 10's of billions in tax revenue?

This money must come from somewhere. There are only three places: one, borrow it but that is a mortal sin for a Liberal. Two, raise taxes. Three, cut services. All 3 the Liberals have been giving Labor a hard time over.

You also assume that price of energy will fall with the removal of the carbon price. The price added 9% to energy costs. What will offset the other 71% increase in the last 5 years?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.58 seconds.