V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  21:46:37  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So? As you said, investigations are not complex. There is no need for a fair hearing, all you need is the word of an oppotunistic opposition and the word from another crooked union rep looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  21:50:19  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

So? As you said, investigations are not complex. There is no need for a fair hearing, all you need is the word of an oppotunistic opposition and the word from another crooked union rep looking for 15 minutes of fame.

That could not be further from the truth.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  22:31:40  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why? Do you have more information that has not been provided by the Libs or Jackson through the media?

Truth has never interested you bundy.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 02 Feb 2012 22:40:23
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  22:38:52  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What you said above is nowhere near plausible or in fact reasonable and quite frankly, is unfair to all who is involved.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  02:25:09  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What ever happened to the Liberal senator who was found guilty of assault by the way, has she stepped down?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  05:18:26  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Or the South Australian Liberal Senator who was caught shoplifting? or is that same one 27GV, Mary Jo Fisher - whoopsie

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sa-senator/story-e6frf7jo-1226198743946

Did she ever get the flick because of this CLEAR CUT offense and subsequent guilty finding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpGP50CSBw - LOL

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 03 Feb 2012 05:21:41
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  09:23:05  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

Or the South Australian Liberal Senator who was caught shoplifting? or is that same one 27GV, Mary Jo Fisher - whoopsie

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sa-senator/story-e6frf7jo-1226198743946

Did she ever get the flick because of this CLEAR CUT offense and subsequent guilty finding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpGP50CSBw - LOL

No conviction was recorded Trev and no penalty handed down, but I'm sure you already know that.
Tit for tat just like politicians, eh!!
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  10:28:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah I know Gerry, but all this rubbish that keeps getting dragged up about Thomsom.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  19:46:30  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy

What you said above is nowhere near plausible or in fact reasonable and quite frankly, is unfair to all who is involved.

Really, you think it's unfair?

Then WTF have the libs and it supporters been saying about Thompson before the investigation has been completed. You lot have thrown abuse and slander all over the place.

Careful back pedalling this time, stock is getting low.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  19:59:27  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Really, you think it's unfair?

Then WTF have the libs and it supporters been saying about Thompson before the investigation has been completed. You lot have thrown abuse and slander all over the place.

Careful back pedalling this time, stock is getting low.

Abuse/Slander for questioning an authority's lack of timeliness in reporting on an investigation it has been conducting for the last three years. You have to be kidding?

-----------------------------------

quote:

Hawke's beer swilling trumps sports funding, Gillard laments

Judith Ireland
February 3, 2012

Former prime minister Bob Hawke may have the answer to current Prime Minister Julia Gillard's political woes: drink more beer.

This afternoon, Ms Gillard lamented that, over the summer, Mr Hawke got more media attention for beer swilling than she did for sports funding.

"You've got to love the way in which we Australians engage with our politicians and engage with our news," she said.

"Hawkie got more press coverage for downing that beer in what looked to me to be pretty record time than I got in announcing $95 million in cricket infrastructure at Adelaide, Sydney and Hobart."

In January, Mr Hawke, 82, skulled a beer in front of an ecstatic crowd, while watching India play Australia at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

"Next time I make an announcement, expect me to do it with a beer in my hand and to be trying to equal Bob's best," Ms Gillard said today.

Ms Gillard was also full of praise for her predecessor's support for Australian cricket but was less effusive about Mr Hawke's contribution to public health.

"I'd have to say, over this summer, I think he has probably put the cause of responsible alcohol drinking back 40 years."

Addressing a lunch event for the washed out Prime Minister's XI cricket match, Ms Gillard made no acknowledgement of the current speculation about her employment status.

Despite being an avid footy fan, Ms Gillard said she enjoyed cricket and that there had even been some backyard matches at The Lodge this summer.

She said her partner Tim Mathieson had been making use of the green grass at the prime ministerial home and their cavoodle puppy Reuben was learning to field.

"Though [Reuben] gets the getting of the ball, it is bringing the ball back that we are struggling with," she said.

This morning Ms Gillard also batted away talk that a challenge from Mr Rudd was imminent.

"Look, I don't worry about chatter in the media. I get on with the job and I think we've got to be very focused. What do people want government to do? Talk about themselves, or deliver results," she told 2CC radio in Canberra.

"Well I want government to deliver results and that's what I'm doing as Prime Minister."

Employment Minister and possible Gillard challenger, Bill Shorten also appeared to be in no mood to entertain speculation talk today.When asked by Fairfax radio if it was time the Prime Minister called for a vote, Mr Shorten simply said, "No."

When asked if he stood by his comment that he never wanted the Labor leadership, Mr Shorten said, "Yes."

At Manuka Oval today, fans waited until about 1pm to learn that the Prime Minister's XI match between Australia and Sri Lanka had officially been rained off.

Public servant Sanna Coombs was impressed that Ms Gillard came down to Manuka Oval, despite the rain and her preference for AFL.

"I was actually pleased that she turned up. I wasn't expecting it. I thought she'd probably see the weather and go, 'It's cricket."'

Canberra student Steven (who would not give his surname, to avoid recriminations from his boss), was waiting by Ms Gillard's car during the lunch event.

He said he followed politics a "little bit" but was really hoping to see the players.

"We just happen to be standing next to the car to be honest, because it's parked near the exit."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/hawkes-beer-swilling-trumps-sports-funding-gillard-laments-20120203-1qxb1.html

Yes Julia we would rather pay attention to the antics of old Bob than listen to whatever comes out of your mouth.

Edited by - bundy on 03 Feb 2012 21:18:36
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  05:29:32  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Abuse/Slander for questioning an authority's lack of timeliness in reporting on an investigation it has been conducting for the last three years. You have to be kidding?

Forgeting all that has been said since the issue went public? You dig up Bundy, to get out of a hole, not down.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  09:55:10  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Forgeting all that has been said since the issue went public? You dig up Bundy, to get out of a hole, not down.

I'm sorry, nothing in my mind, amounts to anything being even remotely close to be called slander or abuse. Unless you have something to the contrary that is...

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  20:31:13  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why am I not surprised. Ignorace really must be bliss.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 06 Feb 2012 :  21:37:31  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Moving on...

I'm quite enjoying this:

quote:
Independent MP Rob Oakeshott drawn into campaign by Kevin Rudd supporters
Lanai Vasek and James Massola

KEY independent Rob Oakeshott says he's been approached by Kevin Rudd supporters about his attitude to a possible leadership challenge to Julia Gillard.

However he said he would be “thoroughly unimpressed” should a “self-obsessed” Labor seek to change leaders.

As Labor MPs ended their first regular caucus meeting of the year, Mr Oakeshott said he was happy to talk to any member of parliament who could “command a majority on the floor of the house” if there was any future leadership spill.

The MP for Lyne, who was key to Labor forming minority government following the 2010 election, said he had been sounded out by Kevin Rudd and/or his backers about a potential challenge.

“Yeah, at different times,” Mr Oakeshott told Sky News, when asked if he had been approached by the Rudd camp.

Asked if Mr Rudd's supporters had canvassed whether he would support a Rudd government, Mr Oakeshott said: “Only in very general terms.”

“And I've been very clear over the past 18 months that I would weigh up what is in front of me if it did happen and I would be thoroughly unimpressed if it did,” Mr Oakeshott said.

However the MP said the approaches had not been recent.

Mr Oakeshott also said if the government was to change leaders “all bets are off”.

“All I've said is I will talk to any member of parliament who can command a majority on the floor of the house if the Labor party, in my view, was so arrogant and so self-obsessed that they dropped the ball on the reality that 18 months ago one person was left to be chief and sole negotiator on behalf of the Labor party and negotiations were done with a range of crossbenchers, handshakes were done,” Mr Oakeshott said.

His comments follow those of fellow independent Tony Windsor, who said today he did not believe a leadership challenge was imminent and that speculation was being blown up by the media.

Mr Windsor said the Labor Party was being drowned by leadership tensions but the party had a good story to tell.

“If a few people in the Labor Party want to throw that away, for their own short-term political positions, well I think that would be a bit of a shame,” he said.

The continued speculation came as a Nielsen poll showed Labor's primary vote at its highest since March 2010, up 4 points to 33 per cent.

Ms Gillard brushed off the poll and questions about her dealings with Mr Rudd and his potential leadership challenge, saying she dealt with him frequently in his capacity as Foreign Minister.

“On everything else I'll leave you to your fevered speculation, which doesn't need any facts or any commentary from me for it to continue,” Ms Gillard said.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/independent-mp-rob-oakeshott-drawn-into-campaign-by-kevin-rudd-supporters/story-fn59niix-1226263996602

I don't know when Rudd is going to get it through his thick skull that he is never going to be PM or if he did somehow gather the numbers required, sustain himself as one without having the same reasons trigger his downfall. A PM cannot survive if he is not going to be a team player (i.e. be part of the cabinet) and not one to take arbitrary and selfish decisions that he would in my view do if he was to reclaim his post. He needs to understand that Labor has to move on from him or its just going to keep them lodged in a very nasty rut.

And am I wrong to suggest that the lastest bounce back of sorts for Labor in the latest newspoll to the Coalition margin being cut slightly to 53-47 while Julia's lead over Abbott as preferred PM has stretched while also dragging back some of the deficit she has to Rudd for the same poll is due to a sympathetic public that doesn't like to see the vulnerability of a woman's position being dragged through the political and media mud which it is doing with the continous claims of Rudd circulating to have a tilt.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/right-says-it-was-wrong-on-kevin-rudd-but-return-not-on/story-fn59niix-1226263248804

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 06 Feb 2012 :  23:08:34  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Moving on...

I'm quite enjoying this:

quote:
Independent MP Rob Oakeshott drawn into campaign by Kevin Rudd supporters
Lanai Vasek and James Massola

KEY independent Rob Oakeshott says he's been approached by Kevin Rudd supporters about his attitude to a possible leadership challenge to Julia Gillard.

However he said he would be “thoroughly unimpressed” should a “self-obsessed” Labor seek to change leaders.

As Labor MPs ended their first regular caucus meeting of the year, Mr Oakeshott said he was happy to talk to any member of parliament who could “command a majority on the floor of the house” if there was any future leadership spill.

The MP for Lyne, who was key to Labor forming minority government following the 2010 election, said he had been sounded out by Kevin Rudd and/or his backers about a potential challenge.

“Yeah, at different times,” Mr Oakeshott told Sky News, when asked if he had been approached by the Rudd camp.

Asked if Mr Rudd's supporters had canvassed whether he would support a Rudd government, Mr Oakeshott said: “Only in very general terms.”

“And I've been very clear over the past 18 months that I would weigh up what is in front of me if it did happen and I would be thoroughly unimpressed if it did,” Mr Oakeshott said.

However the MP said the approaches had not been recent.

Mr Oakeshott also said if the government was to change leaders “all bets are off”.

“All I've said is I will talk to any member of parliament who can command a majority on the floor of the house if the Labor party, in my view, was so arrogant and so self-obsessed that they dropped the ball on the reality that 18 months ago one person was left to be chief and sole negotiator on behalf of the Labor party and negotiations were done with a range of crossbenchers, handshakes were done,” Mr Oakeshott said.

His comments follow those of fellow independent Tony Windsor, who said today he did not believe a leadership challenge was imminent and that speculation was being blown up by the media.

Mr Windsor said the Labor Party was being drowned by leadership tensions but the party had a good story to tell.

“If a few people in the Labor Party want to throw that away, for their own short-term political positions, well I think that would be a bit of a shame,” he said.

The continued speculation came as a Nielsen poll showed Labor's primary vote at its highest since March 2010, up 4 points to 33 per cent.

Ms Gillard brushed off the poll and questions about her dealings with Mr Rudd and his potential leadership challenge, saying she dealt with him frequently in his capacity as Foreign Minister.

“On everything else I'll leave you to your fevered speculation, which doesn't need any facts or any commentary from me for it to continue,” Ms Gillard said.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/independent-mp-rob-oakeshott-drawn-into-campaign-by-kevin-rudd-supporters/story-fn59niix-1226263996602

I don't know when Rudd is going to get it through his thick skull that he is never going to be PM or if he did somehow gather the numbers required, sustain himself as one without having the same reasons trigger his downfall. A PM cannot survive if he is not going to be a team player (i.e. be part of the cabinet) and not one to take arbitrary and selfish decisions that he would in my view do if he was to reclaim his post. He needs to understand that Labor has to move on from him or its just going to keep them lodged in a very nasty rut.

And am I wrong to suggest that the lastest bounce back of sorts for Labor in the latest newspoll....is due to a sympathetic public that doesn't like to see the vulnerability of a woman's position being dragged through the political and media mud which it is doing with the continous claims of Rudd circulating to have a tilt.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/right-says-it-was-wrong-on-kevin-rudd-but-return-not-on/story-fn59niix-1226263248804

Oops and yes.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 23.08 seconds.