V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2093 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  23:48:02  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Yeah, because Australia is the only country in the worldto have to deal with refugees.

Personally, the boats are not really a priority, there are more pressing issues to deal with than a couple of thousand people on boats!!

Exactly, the whole thing is a joke and the fact that this issue is being used for and will swing voters is an even bigger joke.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Peak Revs
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 05 May 06

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  06:14:03  Show Profile  Visit Peak Revs's Homepage Send Peak Revs a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
speaking of paid parental leave, isn't this more of the middle class welfare, that all of us have to pay.

tell the ****ers to stop buying houses that are too big, having 2 brand new cars, 50 inch tv, etc, etc, jet ski, 2 weeks at the snow, etc and they might be able to afford to have one parent stay at home and look after the kids like they are supposed to, bloody care providers are becoming the parents while the parents are off paying for their lavish life style, sorry we are off paying for their lavish lifestyle

hang on a minute if they did that then bundy would be up in arms about the labour party putting care providers out of work
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12723 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  08:11:21  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/its-time-for-abbott-to-do-the-maths-on-costings-gap-20130818-2s5av.html

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  08:50:10  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

This money must come from somewhere. There are only three places: one, borrow it but that is a mortal sin for a Liberal. Two, raise taxes. Three, cut services. All 3 the Liberals have been giving Labor a hard time over.

Or Four, they can use the money Labor typically blow on many pointless, not needed or mismanaged projects...

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11208 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  09:24:13  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Peak Revs

speaking of paid parental leave, isn't this more of the middle class welfare, that all of us have to pay.

With the numbers that Abbott quoted yesterday, I can kind of agree with you there. I don't anyone who earns between $60000 to $150000 off a single income (Which were the numbers quoted by him) deserves any welfare assistance.

Edited by - CP on 19 Aug 2013 09:26:54
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  10:14:46  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

quote:

This money must come from somewhere. There are only three places: one, borrow it but that is a mortal sin for a Liberal. Two, raise taxes. Three, cut services. All 3 the Liberals have been giving Labor a hard time over.

Or Four, they can use the money Labor typically blow on many pointless, not needed or mismanaged projects...

NBN is one of them.

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

With the numbers that Abbott quoted yesterday, I can kind of agree with you there. I don't anyone who earns between $60000 to $150000 off a single income (Which were the numbers quoted by him) deserves any welfare assistance.

And why shouldn't that woman who earns 100k+ be entitled to the same benefit as someone who earns 60k? It's all about equality, giving women that incentive to start a family (that we need for the long-term finances of the country anyway) and last time I checked 60k was considered now to be low to middle class income levels, so and this isn't directed at you necessarily CP but peak also, how could it be middle class warfare if the benefits transcends arguably three different income level classes?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 19 Aug 2013 10:19:21
Go to Top of Page

Peak Revs
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 05 May 06

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  12:44:37  Show Profile  Visit Peak Revs's Homepage Send Peak Revs a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

And why shouldn't that woman who earns 100k+ be entitled to the same benefit as someone who earns 60k? It's all about equality, giving women that incentive to start a family (that we need for the long-term finances of the country anyway) and last time I checked 60k was considered now to be low to middle class income levels, so and this isn't directed at you necessarily CP but peak also, how could it be middle class warfare if the benefits transcends arguably three different income level classes?

and why do they need welfare, we raised our kids with no help from the Government except for child endowment of $12 per month, my wife stayed home and looked after the kids while I worked, I was on a low wage, but we survived because we lived within our means, this in the time of 17% interest rates, these ****ers should learn to do the same. why should I have to pay my taxes so that can live the high life, bloody middle class welfare!!!!!

Edited by - Peak Revs on 19 Aug 2013 12:45:10
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  14:45:11  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, how do we all think the election campaigns are going?
Does anyone want to tip a winner - and if so, by how much?
Go to Top of Page

hml2777
Pit Crew

Cuba
197 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  15:05:02  Show Profile Send hml2777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

and why do they need welfare, we raised our kids with no help from the Government except for child endowment of $12 per month, my wife stayed home and looked after the kids while I worked, I was on a low wage, but we survived because we lived within our means, this in the time of 17% interest rates, these ****ers should learn to do the same. why should I have to pay my taxes so that can live the high life, bloody middle class welfare!!!!!

really good points, I am surprised Labor haven't gone after him over this, then again, no I am not, they don't want to piss off the middle class welfare receiptiants.

Go to Top of Page

Peak Revs
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 05 May 06

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  15:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Peak Revs's Homepage Send Peak Revs a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

so, going by this comment/question you agree with what I am saying
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1009 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  15:45:22  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Landslide to the Libs/Nats and Greens wiped out

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  16:00:27  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

so, going by this comment/question you agree with what I am saying
I don't know how you deduced that from my two questions, but I do agree in means testing welfare payments.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12723 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  16:04:20  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Abbott has his own wacky ideas. The difference is Labor has spent the majority of the money to benefit most, if not all Austrlians. Liberals offer nothing for the low income earner. It's all hand outs to the middle class and tax breaks for the rich.

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

NBN is one of them.

No it isn't. The NBN is not being built with tax dollars.

What is wasteful though is that the Libs version in 3/4 the price for 1/10th of the service. They also have not said how much it will cost to maintain to make their version look cheaper.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 19 Aug 2013 16:12:47
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  16:13:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Labor has certainly spent the majority of the money.

EDIT to Albie's edit: The government has signed an agreement to pay $30,000,000,000 for the NBN. That'll go some way towards paying for it. Whether that's tax dollars or money they found in a black hole somewhere, I don't know.

Edited by - Zac on 19 Aug 2013 16:19:41
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  16:15:25  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Landslide to the Libs/Nats and Greens wiped out

Hopefully.

But in reality it will be what the bookies are saying - 85 Lib/Nat vs. 63 Labor

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.14 seconds.