V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

hml2777
Pit Crew

Cuba
193 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  16:34:04  Show Profile Send hml2777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
get rid of the greens they bring nothing to to the table

he day that sarah hanson young is given the flick will be a great day
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  17:14:51  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's not looking too good for Sarah since Nick Xenophon moved his preferences from the Greens. Still, it was only preferences that got her into the Senate in the first place.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  17:35:12  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hml2777

But they are so important to the survival of Labor through the preferences they give them though

quote:
Originally posted by hml2777
he day that sarah hanson young is given the flick will be a great day

One thing I do agree with you on.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  18:08:52  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

So, how do we all think the election campaigns are going?
Does anyone want to tip a winner - and if so, by how much?

There hasn't been the usual bombardment of political leaflets yet mut that may be for a few weeks yet. However, Clive Palmers leaflets do come with a free DVD about his Titanic 2.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  18:18:21  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Im meeting sarah tomorrow morning, I will tell ya what I think

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  18:43:30  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

So, how do we all think the election campaigns are going?
Does anyone want to tip a winner - and if so, by how much?

Reasonably large swing towards the LNP and they win government. Labor returns to the opposition benches. Greens still around but with reduced numbers.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  18:56:05  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh dear, fully costed and funded policy ay?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/coalition-to-speak-with-states-on-sharing-parental-leave-funding-20130819-2s6ed.html

So far this election has the Libs paying more for less. ~40 policy announcements worth $42 billion. Compared to Labor, 170 policies worth $4 billion.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  19:36:25  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

[quote]Originally posted by hml2777

But they are so important to the survival of Labor through the preferences they give them though

[quote]Originally posted by hml2777

yes because...otherwise...all those Greeny progressives....we'll...they'd vote for the Liberals....wouldn't they...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  20:01:00  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
NBN hey Bundy.

Rupert Murdoch and News Limited have been giving Rudd and Labor as much bad publicity as they can.
It's in Ruperts best interests that the NBN gets canned but unfortunately for the rest of us that can see through Murdochs BS we'll end up with Phoneys network which will be on it's last legs before it's even finished,
Those copper lines that he wants to use are already half rooted.

Murdochs been going easy on Abbott since they first spoke about the fibre optic NBN.

No one will need Foxtel when you can get content on demand and Murdochs papers will cop an even bigger hit

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  20:25:36  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IMHO, Murdoch is an irrelevance in this election. His media outlets don't hold anywhere near the influence they used to, and where they do have influence, they are only preaching to the converted. Same goes for Alan Jones etc. They have their audience who tell them they're marvellous, but in rough figures, that's 18% of the listening audience across Australia. Big deal. In spite of Murdoch, Alan Jones and that awful right wing media, I detect a swing away from Kevin 07 and Labor. There's no great enthusiasm towards Tony Abbott and the Coalition, because there's nothing there. Kevvy can still win - maybe just squeak it in, despite the past six years.

It seems to me that the electorate has had enough. Too many big plans that went to mush. The alternative will be austere and generally lacking in vision, but we need that alternative just to get back on track. Marvellous plans are all very well, but you need someone to manage the finances.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  20:28:15  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

NBN hey Bundy.

Rupert Murdoch and News Limited have been giving Rudd and Labor as much bad publicity as they can.
It's in Ruperts best interests that the NBN gets canned but unfortunately for the rest of us that can see through Murdochs BS we'll end up with Phoneys network which will be on it's last legs before it's even finished,
Those copper lines that he wants to use are already half rooted.

Murdochs been going easy on Abbott since they first spoke about the fibre optic NBN.

No one will need Foxtel when you can get content on demand and Murdochs papers will cop an even bigger hit

That's about right Col, Ruperts papers are anti-Rudd because Kevins NBN will hurt him financially, there is no other reason behind the repeated bad press.

Its pretty disgusting to think that in this day and age of anti-monoply regulations that a media owner can blatantly use his outlets to pervert an election campaign!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  21:31:09  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

IMHO, Murdoch is an irrelevance in this election. His media outlets don't hold anywhere near the influence they used to, and where they do have influence, they are only preaching to the converted. Same goes for Alan Jones etc. They have their audience who tell them they're marvellous, but in rough figures, that's 18% of the listening audience across Australia. Big deal. In spite of Murdoch, Alan Jones and that awful right wing media, I detect a swing away from Kevin 07 and Labor. There's no great enthusiasm towards Tony Abbott and the Coalition, because there's nothing there. Kevvy can still win - maybe just squeak it in, despite the past six years.

It seems to me that the electorate has had enough. Too many big plans that went to mush. The alternative will be austere and generally lacking in vision, but we need that alternative just to get back on track. Marvellous plans are all very well, but you need someone to manage the finances.

austere and lacking in vision.....the ontology of Australian Conservatism!....Zac...you bloody legend!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  21:32:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Good change for once after all the years they supported the epic fails that were Qld labor and lets not forget their initial support for Kevin 07.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Aug 2013 :  07:31:52  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Zac...you bloody legend!
No, no REMy. I insist. You're the legend. Ontology, indeed! Where did you find that? Studying Greek philosophers?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Aug 2013 :  07:51:57  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Zac...you bloody legend!
No, no REMy. I insist. You're the legend. Ontology, indeed! Where did you find that? Studying Greek philosophers?

He's just out of hospital Zac!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.48 seconds.