V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 21 Aug 2013 :  19:58:44  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

OK guys, this is talking as a moderator and not politically influenced - The recent tragic floods in Queensland are just that - tragic.

I don't believe that anybody could have predicted the intensity of the rain and the damage it would ultimately cause.

I'm not particularly happy about the "incident" being used as a political football for point scoring.

I'm happy to drop it.

A bit of this tonight from Rudd

http://twitpic.com/d7okxy?fb_action_ids=10151600071538316&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 21 Aug 2013 20:04:16
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Aug 2013 :  22:52:14  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That pic was at the last leaders debate, not tonight.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 21 Aug 2013 :  22:55:19  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

I know

Point is, whatever suggestion there was of Abbott handshaking Rudd in an aggressive manner at the end of the first debate, the same could be said for Rudd's whole method of confronting Abbott by walking towards him when he asked him a question.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Aug 2013 :  23:28:27  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Probably you should have used a current picture then. Pretty sure Latham and Howard wern't involved.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  06:44:03  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

I know

Point is, whatever suggestion there was of Abbott handshaking Rudd in an aggressive manner at the end of the first debate, the same could be said for Rudd's whole method of confronting Abbott by walking towards him when he asked him a question.

Got the achieved result.
Put Abbott on the spot and had him on the back foot all night.

Next time he should give him an uppercut or two

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 22 Aug 2013 06:44:48
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  07:27:11  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Got the achieved result.Put Abbott on the spot and had him on the back foot all night
I saw it as Rudd ahead at the beginning with Abbott closing up the further it went. I'd call it a draw. It was a more enlightening and lively debate than that first snoozefest. I thought both of them performed well and got their points across. I didn't expect Abbott to go as well as he did. Fairfax Media see it being an even result and an online survey currently has it that 44% of participants saw it as a win to Rudd and 47% saw it as a win to Abbott. Probably close to what the voting intentions are out there.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/abbott-still-in-the-box-seat-while-rudd-becomes-mr-negative-20130821-2sbus.html#poll

Edited by - Zac on 22 Aug 2013 07:28:27
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  09:22:59  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

I know

Got the achieved result.
Put Abbott on the spot and had him on the back foot all night.

Next time he should give him an uppercut or two

More like a slap or two

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  09:46:39  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Intimidatory tactics aren't a particularly good look for someone who is supposed to be a leader...
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  12:25:42  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not the first time we've seen/heard something like this

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/08/22/10/25/makeup-artist-blasts-rudd-s-rudeness
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  13:54:52  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Abbott is ****wit, now they are even.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  14:36:57  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I think Abbott is ****wit, now they are even.
Great post, Albie.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  15:11:04  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Intimidatory tactics aren't a particularly good look for someone who is supposed to be a leader...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/mal-brough-denies-asking-clive-palmer-to-fund-peter-slipper-harassment-case-20130822-2scqf.html

Not a good look to conspire against a democratically elected member of parliament.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  15:26:48  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rudd's been guilty before of belittling a female just doing her job - I've said it before and I'll say it again, he a control freak sleaze bag.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  15:39:01  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Rudd's been guilty before of belittling a female just doing her job - I've said it before and I'll say it again, he a control freak sleaze bag.

Can't deny this LG...! But has there ever been any allegation of physical abuse or intimidation...like you know who?....Peas in a pod...the two of them....but Abbott is far more menacing...

Watch this...freakin chilling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 22 Aug 2013 15:44:14
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  17:39:19  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Bit like Abbott for the last 3 years with Gillard.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 12.05 seconds.