V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  21:51:13  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Hang on? Whose to say there weren't any grounds?

Just because they ruled in favour of Slipper in the first instance, doesn't mean that there wasn't any justification in bringing the action in the first place?
Isn't that the point of the judge verdict. The accusation were found groundless and politically motivated

quote:
As for 'setting someone up', well that would require an inference from you that his claims have no merit and are vexatious and I'm not sure you are in a position to give that sort of opinion
Doesn't stop you from making assumptions. I've just gone with the judges findings.

Well you can go with the findings the judge has made in the first instance, but I'll choose to wait for the greater certainty that an appeal court's findings brings.

quote:

quote:

[quote]And again if Clive or any other private party wants to contribute to Ashby's legal bills, there is no law against that.

Your right, like there is nothing against the law with Rudd giving a hair dresser a serve.

...Come to think of it the way the Libs operate, with setting up MP and buying fake twitter followers. They probably paid her off to have a whinge.

Just a confirmation I suppose that Rudd, when he is behind closed doors, is nothing like the self-effacing image that he likes to portray to the public. Not that it is news to me though...

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:00:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

http://www.independentaustralia.net/2013/politics/exclusive-ettridge-action-against-abbott-continues-in-canberra/

Note the parts in bold
quote:

FOR THOSE wondering what happened to the David Ettridge court action against Tony Abbott [reported on IA here and here], which seems to have gone quiet recently, we can now advise that itís still happening ó but now in Canberra .

In an exclusive statement prepared specifically for IA, One Nation co-founder David Ettridge, who was gaoled as a result of action by Tony Abbott and his ĎAustralians for Honest Politics Trustí, said the action remains in train, though it has been withdrawn from Brisbane for legal and logistical reasons .

From the statement:

The court action initiated by David Ettridge against Tony Abbott remains alive and active.

Ettridge has been able to acquire legal support from a legal firm and an eminent barrister based in Canberra. It was upon their advice that Ettridge withdrew his action against Abbott in the Brisbane Supreme Court.

The reason was simply that the lawyers did not have time to prepare and lodge a Statement of Claim within the performance dates set by the court. By withdrawing the matter time has been created for preparation of a statement of claim.

They intend to restart the action in the Federal Court in the ACT as soon as possible

Sounds credible

yet you forgot to read the bottom line....think that some 'real talent' might step up pro-bono post September 7?...nah...it'll never happen......I'm sure that there is nothing strategic going on here...you relax...

Yes, yes, come up with some bogus excuse to have the matter withdrawn in Brisbane to coincide with the likely election being called and Abbott being favourite to eventually win it, so that Ettridge and his team of willing lawyers can initiate an action in Canberra at a time when Abbott takes office to somehow cause his resignation shortly thereafter!!

Ohh, I'll be watching with baited breath to see how this one pans out!

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Yeah Rudds a rude prick and probably made some poor LNP supporting make up artist upset..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n9yWNhbqRg

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 22 Aug 2013 22:09:18
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:01:23  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah Rudds a rude prick and probably made some poor LNP supporting make up artist upset..

2 names where Phoney made a complete **** of himself.

Bernie Banton
Julia Gillard

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:12:35  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Bundy...well at least with the AFP looking into his shady past....he'll be just like his hero Howard with the AFP looking into his shonky workers dealings back in the day....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:15:41  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Hey Bundy...well at least with the AFP looking into his shady past....he'll be just like his hero Howard with the AFP looking into his shonky workers dealings back in the day....

Yeah you never know - his shonky dealings may involve your surf club

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:20:04  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Yeah you never know - his shonky dealings may involve your surf club

As far as I know....he is limited to the north end of the beach...Queenscliff! Suits me fine....though the rude bastard ran me over once on his board.....completely out of his depth and no control....who'd have thought!

Edited by - REM on 22 Aug 2013 22:21:05
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:21:36  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Graham Richardson said that the only people who like Kevin Rudd have not met him!

Several people I know who have dealt with him agree!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:23:44  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Graham Richardson said that the only people who like Kevin Rudd have not met him!

Yeah Richo....there's a man whose judgement you can trust!

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:25:00  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I would be surprised if they present a united front on election night should they lose. The knives will surely be out!!

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Yeah Richo....there's a man whose judgement you can trust!

Well he gave the NSW political world Eddie Obeid, so surely no-one can disagree with you?

Edited by - bundy5 on 22 Aug 2013 22:26:34
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:33:22  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well you can go with the findings the judge has made in the first instance, but I'll choose to wait for the greater certainty that an appeal court's findings brings. /quote]That's OK, I like working with facts.

[quote]
Just a confirmation I suppose that Rudd, when he is behind closed doors, is nothing like the self-effacing image that he likes to portray to the public. Not that it is news to me though...

No news to me either. Just like Abbott too. Even time he is challenged he drags out the wife and kids.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:36:44  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Well you can go with the findings the judge has made in the first instance, but I'll choose to wait for the greater certainty that an appeal court's findings brings. /quote]That's OK, I like working with facts.

[quote]

No news to me either. Just like Abbott too. Even time he is challenged he drags out the wife and kids.

Actually.....to give Tony his dues, I think that their is ample evidence that he's just as clumsily thuggish in public life as he could possibly be elsewhere.....what you see is what you get....it's just not that much to get....

Edited by - REM on 22 Aug 2013 22:38:45
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:37:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

[quote]

So Rudd doesn't have his son as his own political adviser?

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  22:40:07  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

[quote]

Actually.....to give Tony his dues, I think that their is ample evidence that he's just as clumsily thuggish in public life as he could possibly be elsewhere.....what you see is what you get....it's just not that much to get....

Sounds like he was a pretty tough student back in the day

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  07:05:42  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

[quote]

Yeah, he liked to physically intimidate people.....male...and female...

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  07:14:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

[quote]

Yeah, he liked to physically intimidate people.....male...and female...

Or as the stories go

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.97 seconds.