V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  21:23:40  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Isn't it more the issue of spend money to make money?

Now you admit Howards PS will no longer work.

quote:
No nothing like the Ashby case. But good try
So she wasn't pressured to retract her furphy?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  21:25:40  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Time to stimulate the Indonesian economy.....let's buy some boats!

Who's gunna pay....where is all Mr Abbott's money coming from for all his wacky ideas?

Surely there are other things to worry about than stopping the boats.

If we do buy all of those un seaworthy boats, wouldn't the smugglers just find more boats to use, and then we will just acquire more of those boats. What do we do of those boats that we buy back?

Use them as the boats to transport the asylum seekers back to where they came from after they have desecrated their own boats to an unseaworthy state

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  21:33:56  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Who's gunna pay....where is all Mr Abbott's money coming from for all his wacky ideas?

Surely there are other things to worry about than stopping the boats.

If we do buy all of those un seaworthy boats, wouldn't the smugglers just find more boats to use, and then we will just acquire more of those boats. What do we do of those boats that we buy back?

What do we do with the boats?
We fix them to make them more seaworthy and sell them back to the Indonesians!
But...

They're bobby trapped so that they can never travel in a southerly direction for more than a mile; they automatically turn north :)
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  21:36:17  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It really sounds like something Clive would come up with, but its not. The only people who would benefit from this are if your name starts with Sims, and ends in Metal.

LG, that is the most logical suggestion that I have read.

Edited by - CP on 23 Aug 2013 21:37:03
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  23:41:19  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Isn't it more the issue of spend money to make money?

Now you admit Howards PS will no longer work.

Not sure I said that

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  09:10:31  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-business/poor-you-australia-says-goldman-ceo-20130726-2qofn.html

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  09:29:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

...and another one from the smug bastard!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/08/23/17/03/rudd-laughs-off-journalism-student-s-question

Another beat up. It's been revealed that Rudd wasn't rude to the make up lady from witnesses in the room and she has retracted her account of the event.

"She said she didn't expect so much attention: "What a lesson to learn. I've removed the post and regret making the comments I did.""

Regret not retract!
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  10:05:38  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

At the cost of $12.8 million to us for each boat that turns up in our waters, I think that would cover the costs pretty easily if you stop just one?

I think its a great idea. Needs some smoothing over for sure, but with having the on ground policing force there, it would be a lot easier to stop the boats at its source than waiting for them to turn up in our waters. Its not just buying the boats, its gathering intel on the smugglers in their own environment which has to be a benefit. Seems like a pretty drastic solution, but maybe in drastic times...

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  10:18:50  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The funniest line from this election campaign is Labor asking the Libs where the money is coming from.

The same place where they got it: Out of thin air.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  11:01:02  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

quote:
Originally posted by REM

At the cost of $12.8 million to us for each boat that turns up in our waters, I think that would cover the costs pretty easily if you stop just one?

I think its a great idea. Needs some smoothing over for sure, but with having the on ground policing force there, it would be a lot easier to stop the boats at its source than waiting for them to turn up in our waters. Its not just buying the boats, its gathering intel on the smugglers in their own environment which has to be a benefit. Seems like a pretty drastic solution, but maybe in drastic times...

You're not a surfer Willsy are you? Ever been to Indo...and done a deal with a local...fisherman, cop whatever?

Wait till you see the amount of boats that start turning up...the idea is hair-brained, wackiness....completely...and utterly! Bet they stole it straight from Pauline.....so naive'....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 24 Aug 2013 11:07:20
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  13:04:45  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

...and another one from the smug bastard!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/08/23/17/03/rudd-laughs-off-journalism-student-s-question

Another beat up. It's been revealed that Rudd wasn't rude to the make up lady from witnesses in the room and she has retracted her account of the event.

"She said she didn't expect so much attention: "What a lesson to learn. I've removed the post and regret making the comments I did.""

Regret not retract!

That's fine blade LG. Either way she stuffed up. Witnesses in the room back Rudds version of events.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  13:57:43  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Big difference Albie!!!

To retract is to admit something you said was wrong.
To regret is to be sorry for opening your mouth which is what she said.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  17:52:55  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It still doesn't excuse her actions.

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Wait till you see the amount of boats that start turning up...the idea is hair-brained, wackiness....completely...and utterly! Bet they stole it straight from Pauline.....so naive'....

Agree.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2013/aug/23/abbott-boat-buy-scheme-economics

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  21:26:07  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Abbotts lost the plot.

He'll end up paying big money for these boats while fishermen over there will just get new ones built which will end up in the same place.

His maternity leave is a joke as well.
Over 3000 businesses to get taxed , then he'll hand it back. Finally the truth comes through and this ****tard is going to be plundering peoples retirement and shares so some women that live in Double Bay, Toorak or Hamilton get paid more than what most earn to have kids

I'd expect Katter or even Palmer to come up with stupid shyte like this. Not some one that will be leading this country after the next election

One thing, the next 3 years will be entertaining

For all the wrong reasons

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  21:31:55  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Col the last 6 have been entertaining for all the wrong reasons!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.02 seconds.