V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Aug 2013 :  23:23:21  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

I'll give you a pass on that one considering you're a labor supporter with a PM that enjoys partaking in gutter style politics.

Just like the Lib candidates, back out and run when ever your hypocrisy and ignorance is shown in full view.

That moral high ground you are attempting to climb is a pile of your own ****.

Surely this is getting a bit amateurish now. Bottom line is the links that I like to post are not opinionated and just present the facts. And then I form an opinion based on them from mostly, may I say unashamedly, my conservative way of thinking that happens to sometimes coincide with the Liberal party's general views.

Oh crap. Ever thought of starting a fertilizer company.
You wouldn't have to leave home to make a profit

You denounce anything that doesn't suit your argument and then pull the opinion of a journo just doesn't cut it.

Present the facts my arse.
You've been found wanting with your so called opinion pieces.
Michael Caltbiano according to you was just blown out of proportion by the Courier Mail.
He's been reffered to the CMC and is on the way to being charged

You claimed the Scott Driscoll affair was a media beat up.
He is also being investigated by the CMC and will more than likely be facing fraud charges.

Actually I will edit my initial response and say what you wrote is a whole bunch of bull****. Below is what I said about Driscoll which is highly reasonable to let the investigation by the CMC take its course and then once the findings were out and if adverse, then I said that I would be happy to sink the knife in. As for your bull**** about Caltbiano show me where I said anything about him as I am pretty sure I wasn't even on here for that period of time.

http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36049&whichpage=105#751811

http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36049&whichpage=104#751711

quote:

I wasn't going to vote Labor but like Zac we have a complete dead****(the one you'll be handing out the how to vote cards for) that needs a swing of over 10% to lose and the Labor bloke is more of a real person and a hard worker for the people than the Lemon we now have

No surprise there that you're voting for the caravan. Laming should be able to pick up the Capalaba booths and if he does, it's game over for the caravan.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 30 Aug 2013 00:08:36
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  00:58:10  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If it was any one else besides Darryl Briskey i'd probably be voting for the Greens candidate.

She's got lot more ticker then Laming, Clives PUP and the Family First blokes put together

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  01:00:46  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

If it was any one else besides Darryl Briskey i'd probably be voting for the Greens candidate.

She's got lot more ticker then Laming, Clives PUP and the Family First blokes put together

What about the actor?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  01:02:53  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

On Indonesian soil? You really think they'll agree to undercover Australian police on Indonesian soil?

I've got a bridge to sell you... or is that a leaky boat, now?

We have handed out $1.3 billion to them in the last 3 years and will have given them another $600+mill this year, surely we can stop being bent over by them and use that as leverage?

Geopolitics doesn't work like that.

And even Howard was wise enough to give them a billion after the tsunami. It's called 'a wise investment' since we don't want a militant islamic state on our doorstep. You know what will make the Islamists militant? Foreign police/soldiers on Indonesian soil.

As for the cost of aid, didn't we buy a bunch of submarines for 'defense' that cost about 10 times as much? And they leaked... like the boats we're going to buy... and piss of Indonesia in the process.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  01:24:09  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
On the Driscoll thing.
Your words

'On the allegations being bandied around'

In a context that it wasn't the truth.

On the seat of Bowman.
There are five candidates.
Andrew Lemon Lieberal
Andrew O'Shea Family First
Penny Allman-Payne Greens
John Wayne PUP
Darryl Briskey ALP

There was a sixth. Fernando Alba. 21st Century Australia Party. This lots dodgier than Katters party
Didn't get their house in order before the due date

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  02:03:04  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

On the Driscoll thing.
Your words

Link?

And accepting you have quoted me right which appears to be just a small section of what I could have wrote, how is what I wrote wrong? They were allegations at the time, no?

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  05:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

That's something missing from elections these days. Candidates like Godfrey. I remember back in the '70s living in the electorate of Lowe when Sir Billy was PM. There was an independent candidate whose name escapes me - a gay guy, who followed Billy everywhere, and his campaign slogan was: "I've got my eye on Billy's seat." Where have these interesting candidates gone? Bring them back I say. They might even get old Albie to lighten up and not be so depressing.

we have a person running here for the Hemp Party or something, he was going spread hemp seeds in a local park as a protest, but the public backlash stopped him from doing this and this was only 2 weeks ago

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  07:08:39  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

It doesn't matter what the media reports and says between now and Saturday next week. People have stopped listening. Chris Bowen says he's found another hole in the Coalition's figures. Only $10 billion this time. Kevin said last night that our foreign investment laws need tightening up. Last week when he was on about a massive investment of foreign capital in Australia's North that "the balance of foreign investment laws is pretty right." Ho hum. After all the chopping and changing and the announcements of various plans that never materialised over the past six years, people have made up their minds. The three 'debates' went by with hardly a murmur. The major networks didn't even show them on their main channels and the ratings were just a few points above non-existent. Some say Kevin won this one, Tony won that one. Whatever. Nothing changed. Tony Abbott is the least likely Prime Minister in my lifetime - but Prime Minister he will be in just over a week. He's made himself a small target, hasn't made any major goofs, but hasn't done much to show that he's PM material either. Abbott and the Coalition will tighten things up and won't do anything spectacular or even mildly interesting in the next three years. Very uninspiring after the buzz around 'Kevin 07' back when. There's no good reasons I can see to vote Liberal or National, but the present lot have lost the confidence of the electorate for too many reasons to list. Yes, Sportsbet has already paid out to punters who bet on a Coalition win. It's just those who placed bets on the Coalition winnning by 10, 20, 30 or however many seats waiting to see if they collect now.

I'm voting Labor , if only because I live in one of the safest Liberal electorates in the country, and I will not vote for the sitting Liberal member. He'll still get in - unless he suffers a 25% swing against him. It's often said that there's no such thing as an unwinnable election, but for the Ruddster, it's certainly looking that way. Maybe he and his imported election campaign managers can rummage around in the dirt file and find something really, really sensationally awful about a few Libs, or better still, Tony - but Kevin, your time, short as it was, is nearly up.

That should make REM happy

You do like to make assumptions....I won't be voting Labor.....and haven't since 1996!

Yes since Paul Keating - gone are the days when we had a PM like that who held the Parliament in such contempt. But forgive me for being a tad presumptuous as you're not exactly glowing in your praise for the patron of your surf club, are you? You're a non-liberal at best?

do you ever get sick of consistently being wrong about everything?...I am very much a liberal.....can't stand conservatives though.....Keating never knowingly misled the Parliament...about going to war...or children overboard....or Australians for honest politicians for that matter...

Well that makes me a liberal too - believe it or not but I'm talking party politics that you aren't a 'liberal' in that sense of the word.

See I don't seem them as Liberals in any sense of the word.....they just aren't ****in liberals....the threat to individual freedom today is not big government, it's big business.....and these clowns are just always pissing in big businesses pockets! Even civil liberties....same sex unions, media-film censorship, legalisation of cannabis....they wanna micro control....the 'Australian Liberal party'...should really be called the Party of social control!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 30 Aug 2013 07:10:25
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  07:29:58  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sounds like they need a self-confessed control freak to control them. Someone into media/film censorship, etc. - although a sudden switch to believing in same sex marriage might go against him. He could be available shortly.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  07:34:32  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

On the Driscoll thing.
Your words

Link?

And accepting you have quoted me right which appears to be just a small section of what I could have wrote, how is what I wrote wrong? They were allegations at the time, no?

I'm not your lacky, go and find it like I did.

you were trying to refute the article when there was plenty of evidence to the contrary

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  09:13:15  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

On the Driscoll thing.
Your words

Link?

I'm not your lacky, go and find it like I did.

you were trying to refute the article when there was plenty of evidence to the contrary

Evidence?? Like what? As I said, what they were in the article were allegations that had yet to be tested by the relevant authority being the CMC as to their truthfulness and as I said above in those posts that I could find a link for that I was prepared to wait until the CMC conducted its inquiry and if its findings were adverse, he should be expelled from the party. Again how is this position unreasonable? And once more since you are alleging that I said something go find the link or its complete bull**** just like your attempt to smear me over Caltabiano.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  16:57:36  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://theconversation.com/barry-jones-the-2013-election-and-the-death-of-rationality-17637

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

hml2777
Pit Crew

Cuba
193 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  18:00:09  Show Profile Send hml2777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting read from Barry, a little bit Labor focussed, but I think a pretty balanced over-view of where our politics are right now and if you read posts from LG and Zac they would probably agree

Bundy is the only one that will outwardly criticise the whole thing from Barry Jones as he is Joe Hockey's speech writer I am convinced of it, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" cried Peter (of Peter and the Wolf)

Edited by - hml2777 on 30 Aug 2013 18:01:31
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  19:02:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Bundy is the only one that will outwardly criticise the whole thing from Barry Jones as he is Joe Hockey's speech writer I am convinced of it, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" cried Peter (of Peter and the Wolf)

Well he's entitled to his opinion. It's just that it is biased.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  20:49:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
His opinion is biased in that he gives more examples using the ALP, which is only natural as that is what he is embedded in.
He also admits his leanings toward them, however, it's not a bad article overall.
He is lamenting what politics has become and there's nothing wrong with that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.5 seconds.