V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

DRB05
Team Manager



Australia
3674 Posts
joined 04 Apr 08

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  12:47:03  Show Profile Send DRB05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't believe Clive got a seat!
Go to Top of Page

kart_racer
Team Manager



Australia
2359 Posts
joined 22 Aug 07

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  13:37:41  Show Profile Send kart_racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I understand the issues surrounding Labor and why people swung away... But seriously, Tony Abbott is a seriously right wing, archaic mind. He will do damage to our social progress and standing as a country.

I would have been far more comfortable Coalition power if a more moderate Liberal like Malcom Turnbull was leader.

It is good that the Senate won't be a push over, as it will moderate the extremes of the bills that the Coalition try to pass. It will also hold the government to account and gain some outcomes for many.

This election had one of the highest informal (donkey) vote counts, and the highest proportion of votes to minor parties. It shows that a lot of people weren't happy with either major party candidate and looked elsewhere.

Clive Palmer will be interesting...

I think that Labor will install a more sensible leader like Anthony Albanese or Tanya Plibersek and they will recover well at the next election. Abbott is in a rare run of popularity and I don't think it will last once he starts putting his real agenda on the table.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell" - Peter Brock



_Mnissan
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  16:29:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kart_racer

I understand the issues surrounding Labor and why people swung away... But seriously, Tony Abbott is a seriously right wing, archaic mind. He will do damage to our social progress and standing as a country.




I think you will be surprised with how socially minded TA really is...

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  16:36:23  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by kart_racer

I understand the issues surrounding Labor and why people swung away... But seriously, Tony Abbott is a seriously right wing, archaic mind. He will do damage to our social progress and standing as a country.




I think you will be surprised with how socially minded TA really is...


I think you really need to get to know him more.....which we all will~!

$75k to a wealthy mother for maternity leave for 6 months....that would pay for a child protection worker for a year.....this really is a bad Govt with it's priorities all out of wack!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 08 Sep 2013 16:37:00
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  16:46:47  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM


$75k to a wealthy mother for maternity leave for 6 months....that would pay for a child protection worker for a year.....this really is a bad Govt with it's priorities all out of wack!



labor had to go but you are 100% on the money here REM... the whole maternity leave thing is a joke and should be abolished in its entirety, not expanded as the libs have suggested...

haven't seen much of what happened election wise (worked one of the polling booths yesterday) but even in a fairly safe lib seat the amount of extra votes they got was pretty interesting to see...

a whole lot more of Australia put the effort in to vote and make sure it was a legit vote...

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  17:00:08  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by kart_racer

I understand the issues surrounding Labor and why people swung away... But seriously, Tony Abbott is a seriously right wing, archaic mind. He will do damage to our social progress and standing as a country.




I think you will be surprised with how socially minded TA really is...


I think you really need to get to know him more.....which we all will~!

$75k to a wealthy mother for maternity leave for 6 months....that would pay for a child protection worker for a year.....this really is a bad Govt with it's priorities all out of wack!



It is based on the principle of equality for all - I thought that was something that all libertarians strive for

Also, you realise that low income mothers will be much better supported than under the current arrangements?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  17:03:20  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm going to give this government some time - well, more than a day before I decide if it's a bad government. Even if it is bad, it surely can't be as dysfunctional as the last one.

I loved Kevin's concession speech last night. It was a wonderful tribute to him, even if the news headline about it this morning was: "Kevin concedes, but forgets to zip." His speech reminded me of those famous words: "Does this bloke ever shut up?" and "It's not all about you, Kevin."

Edited by - Zac on 08 Sep 2013 17:05:07
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  17:09:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I'm going to give this government some time - well, more than a day before I decide if it's a bad government. Even if it is bad, it surely can't be as dysfunctional as the last one.

I loved Kevin's concession speech last night. It was a wonderful tribute to him, even if the news headline about it this morning was: "Kevin concedes, but forgets to zip." His speech reminded me of those famous words: "Does this bloke ever shut up?" and "It's not all about you, Kevin."



24 mins long compared to Abbott's 10 min victory speech, says it all really...

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  17:32:57  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by kart_racer

I understand the issues surrounding Labor and why people swung away... But seriously, Tony Abbott is a seriously right wing, archaic mind. He will do damage to our social progress and standing as a country.




I think you will be surprised with how socially minded TA really is...


I think you really need to get to know him more.....which we all will~!

$75k to a wealthy mother for maternity leave for 6 months....that would pay for a child protection worker for a year.....this really is a bad Govt with it's priorities all out of wack!



It is based on the principle of equality for all - I thought that was something that all libertarians strive for

Also, you realise that low income mothers will be much better supported than under the current arrangements?



Oh....I would have thought that giving all mothers $75k was equality for all....or maybe those who need it most?...nope...this cutting essential services that assist the vulnerable...to feather rich peoples nests.....broadening the gap between the rich and the poor....is poor Govt....bad Govt....is Conservative Govt!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 08 Sep 2013 17:35:04
Go to Top of Page

velly4
V8 Champion



Australia
837 Posts
joined 24 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  18:13:40  Show Profile Send velly4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If we keep giving handouts like we are what inspiration are we giving people to get off their arse and work harder.

While I don't 100% agree with the amount of Tony's maternity leave plan at least it encourages people to get off their arse to work instead of pumping out kids to make the cash.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  18:19:37  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The sky is falling...
The Earth is flat...
God created Darwin...
No, no, no - Darwin created God.

Give it a rest and give peace a chance!
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  18:23:06  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ALP can be summed up in 1 word...denial...after a flogging they still believe in the policys they presented

when will they get it ?? we don't want a carbon tax or mining tax...but noooooo billy shotgun shorten still stands by them

tooooooooooools

as for the rudds speech....well that proved the self absorbed idiot he is

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  18:28:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by kart_racer

I understand the issues surrounding Labor and why people swung away... But seriously, Tony Abbott is a seriously right wing, archaic mind. He will do damage to our social progress and standing as a country.




I think you will be surprised with how socially minded TA really is...


I think you really need to get to know him more.....which we all will~!

$75k to a wealthy mother for maternity leave for 6 months....that would pay for a child protection worker for a year.....this really is a bad Govt with it's priorities all out of wack!



It is based on the principle of equality for all - I thought that was something that all libertarians strive for

Also, you realise that low income mothers will be much better supported than under the current arrangements?



Oh....I would have thought that giving all mothers $75k was equality for all....or maybe those who need it most?...nope...this cutting essential services that assist the vulnerable...to feather rich peoples nests.....broadening the gap between the rich and the poor....is poor Govt....bad Govt....is Conservative Govt!



What your talking about is a flat payment to mothers irrespective of their income earned and possibly capped at a certain income level - that is simply welfare and not equality as I see it nor how you should see it.

No incentive for studying hard and trying to obtain a professional job in order to receive the entitlement along the way of their employment that they have 6 months off to have a child and get paid what they would usually be paid as if it were annual leave.

Women may as well stay at home and not inspire to be anything if the Labor scheme is to be continued. How productive is that for our economy?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 08 Sep 2013 18:31:17
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager



Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  18:34:46  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Preditable result, Labor had to go. They were only saved from a landslide defeat because a lot of people just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Abbott.

I guess we can all look forward to a period of economic prosperity under the new government while at the same time Abbott and Hockey somehow manage to bring the budget back to surplus while also cutting taxes.

The next 3 years will be interesting to say the least.



2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion

Edited by - Madaz on 08 Sep 2013 18:37:23
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  18:38:13  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

The sky is falling...
The Earth is flat...
God created Darwin...
No, no, no - Darwin created God.

Give it a rest and give peace a chance!




hang on, hang on...so after 3 years of relentless carping and cynical relentless negativity...we are supposed to shake hands and say the best man won?...born to rule indeed!...**** that dude...it's GAME ON brother....lets ROCK!!!!
Bundy...what you are describing there and are so appalled by...is the Howard Govts baby bonus!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 08 Sep 2013 18:45:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.09 seconds.