V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  18:51:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

The sky is falling...
The Earth is flat...
God created Darwin...
No, no, no - Darwin created God.

Give it a rest and give peace a chance!

hang on, hang on...so after 3 years of relentless carping and cynical relentless negativity...we are supposed to shake hands and say the best man won?...born to rule indeed!...**** that dude...it's GAME ON brother....lets ROCK!!!!
Bundy...what you are describing there and are so appalled by...is the Howard Govts baby bonus!

more like 6 years, and most of the crap came from within the ALP

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  19:06:03  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Bundy...what you are describing there and are so appalled by...is the Howard Govts baby bonus!

Which was continued by Rudd and has morphed into Labor's maternity leave scheme

BTW Rem - how did them greens go?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  19:12:54  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The sky is falling...
The Earth is flat...
God created Darwin...

LOL I thought it would take longer for the you libs to start complaining. The shoe is on the other foot now.

The next 3 years will be interesting, Abbott and co have made one hell of a rod for their backs. They have certainly set themselves up for a very big fall should they fail.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  19:23:18  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

The sky is falling...
The Earth is flat...
God created Darwin...

LOL I thought it would take longer for the you libs to start complaining. The shoe is on the other foot now.

The next 3 years will be interesting, Abbott and co have made one hell of a rod for their backs. They have certainly set themselves up for a very big fall should they fail.

I'm certainly not complaining about anything except the fact that the government which has yet to be formed has already failed...

Still trying to figure that out.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  19:46:16  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

The sky is falling...
The Earth is flat...
God created Darwin...

I'm certainly not complaining about anything except the fact that the government which has yet to be formed has already failed...

That didn't stop the libs from screaming "the sky is falling". Such examples are "budget emergency" and "drowning debt" or "wrecking ball through the economy".

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  19:59:52  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The sky is falling...
The Earth is flat...
God created Darwin...

That didn't stop the libs from screaming "the sky is falling". Such examples are "budget emergency" and "drowning debt" or "wrecking ball through the economy".

All that still applies to this moment.

Only now the shoe is on the other foot and now you have to be arguing why the government is doing a poor job with the economy

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  20:05:40  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
it's never a happy day when you have to pay back debt... it sucks even more when it is debt someone else created in your name...

if we lived the way the gov't runs the place we would be locked up... yes you have to plan to grow etc but IF you are WISE then you do as much as possible within your means... Labor did have some good ideas but they were so poorly implemented that it cost them the election just like it will cost us financially to repair the damage they created...

will be interesting to watch over the next few years to see if Cap'n Tony can steer the ship well or not and pull the good ship Aus back in line and into something better than where we are... no doubt we will argue about method but if it happens then it will be a good thing...

bottom line is at least he earned the job in the eyes of the people and got the top job in a clean fight.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  20:23:20  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

it's never a happy day when you have to pay back debt... it sucks even more when it is debt someone else created in your name...

if we lived the way the gov't runs the place we would be locked up... yes you have to plan to grow etc but IF you are WISE then you do as much as possible within your means... Labor did have some good ideas but they were so poorly implemented that it cost them the election just like it will cost us financially to repair the damage they created...

will be interesting to watch over the next few years to see if Cap'n Tony can steer the ship well or not and pull the good ship Aus back in line and into something better than where we are... no doubt we will argue about method but if it happens then it will be a good thing...

bottom line is at least he earned the job in the eyes of the people and got the top job in a clean fight.

Agree 100% Sonic
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  21:13:28  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Clean fight. Oh sure.

Abbott wouldn't know what that means. One Nation anybody

Tony forgot to mention his media team, Rupert Murdoch and News Limited in his victory speech
Funny how this article was dated in August but only found it's way onto the News site yesterday morning.

"If I've said anything wrong I can trust you blokes at News Corp to clean it up for me or leave it out"

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/dont-quote-me-says-tony-but-maaate-8230-20130816-2s1zy.html

The Labor government deserved what it got, but Australia doesn't deserve Tony Abbott.

If the Australian people trusted the Abbott Liberal government they would have given them the senate in the same way they gave them the lower house.
The liberals have already been asking for a fair go in the senate and had to mention how they didn't block the axing of Workchoices and the new policy.

Well stuff me mushrooms they had to go that far back to find something they supported.

Australia needs a senate that the government has to work with to get it's way

Labor and all the independents should make Abbotts life hell just like he did.

He started most of this shyte and he deserves to be treated exactly the same way

As far as a mandate goes. Well i'd give him his Carbon tax and that's about it.

He wasn't voted in because he had some grand vision for this country. He was voted in because people wanted to see the back the Labor party.

Even I couldn't vote for them. Haven't since 2007 now.
Made sure I put my useless member last though. He has no excuses now. He was in the final term in Howards government and did nothing. He's been in opposition for 6 years and still did nothing. Now he will be in government again and he has no excuses for not doing something around here.
Useless twat had an 8% primary vote swing against him and still wins.
Would have been out on his arse if wasn't for the rest of the shambles in the Labor party

EDIT
Newman has just cost the QLD tax payer over a million dollars for giving jobs to his mates.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/former-main-roads-boss-dave-stewart-returns-to-work-for-queensland-government-yet-keeps-a-343000-payout/story-fnihsrf2-1226710785465

A SENIOR bureaucrat who was sacked by the Newman Government was then re-employed but was not required to pay back any of his $343,000 termination payment.

Former Transport and Main Roads director-general Dave Stewart was axed when Premier Campbell Newman appointed political mate Michael Caltabiano to the job in March 2012.

At the time the Opposition, and those within the department, expressed concern about the decision and the loss of Mr Stewart's experience and expertise.

The termination payment represented nine-months of Mr Stewart's $409,000 salary plus annual and long service leave entitlements.

But by the end of June he was back working for the government as head of Projects Queensland, overseeing initiatives such as the 1 William Street development and the government wireless network.

He was initially engaged on a six-month consultancy basis through new employer Ernst and Young before being installed in a permanent role with Queensland Treasury Corporation from January following a "competitive process".

A spokeswoman for Treasury and Trade said Mr Stewart agreed to continue in the role "on a secondment arrangement from the Queensland Treasury Corporation".

"As he is on a secondment arrangement there is no requirement to repay any portion of his termination payment," the spokeswoman said.

She said he no longer had any association with Ernst and Young.

The arrangement is unlike that of most government employees who are paid redundancy, retrenchment or early retirement payouts, and then re-employed soon afterwards.

According to a Public Service Commission directive on re-engagement, public servants returning to employment for more than 20 full-time working days in the severance pay period are required to refund the Crown a portion of their payout.

Sources within the government said Mr Stewart's arrangement was considered most unusual especially given his new contract made him one of the State's most highly paid bureaucrats.

The Treasury and Trade spokeswoman would not release details of Mr Stewart's taxpayer-funded salary as head of Projects Queensland.

"Details of present salary arrangements will be provided in the Queensland Treasury and Trade Annual Report to be tabled shortly," she said.

Opposition transport spokeswoman Jackie Trad said the course of events further highlighted the flawed decision to replace Mr Stewart with Mr Caltabiano.

Mr Newman's appointment of Mr Caltabiano cost taxpayers $652,947 - after he was terminated 11 months into the role, four months of which he spent stood down on full pay relating to the employment of a departmental officer.

Mr Caltabiano has maintained he has done nothing wrong.

Ms Trad said combined with the cost of Mr Stewart's termination payout, the decision totalled almost $1 million.

"This revelation brings into question what Mr Newman really stands for," Ms Trad said.

"On the one hand, he's happy to sack over 14,000 Queenslanders and cut vital health and education services to save money but at the same time spends over $1 million because he wanted to give a political mate a plum job.

"It begs the questions, who's Mr Newman here to serve?"

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 08 Sep 2013 21:20:39
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  22:21:36  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

The Labor government deserved what it got, but Australia doesn't deserve Tony Abbott.

EDIT
Newman has just cost the QLD tax payer over a million dollars for giving jobs to his mates.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/former-main-roads-boss-dave-stewart-returns-to-work-for-queensland-government-yet-keeps-a-343000-payout/story-fnihsrf2-1226710785465

A SENIOR bureaucrat who was sacked by the Newman Government was then re-employed but was not required to pay back any of his $343,000 termination payment.

Former Transport and Main Roads director-general Dave Stewart was axed when Premier Campbell Newman appointed political mate Michael Caltabiano to the job in March 2012.

At the time the Opposition, and those within the department, expressed concern about the decision and the loss of Mr Stewart's experience and expertise.

The termination payment represented nine-months of Mr Stewart's $409,000 salary plus annual and long service leave entitlements.

But by the end of June he was back working for the government as head of Projects Queensland, overseeing initiatives such as the 1 William Street development and the government wireless network.

He was initially engaged on a six-month consultancy basis through new employer Ernst and Young before being installed in a permanent role with Queensland Treasury Corporation from January following a "competitive process".

A spokeswoman for Treasury and Trade said Mr Stewart agreed to continue in the role "on a secondment arrangement from the Queensland Treasury Corporation".

"As he is on a secondment arrangement there is no requirement to repay any portion of his termination payment," the spokeswoman said.

She said he no longer had any association with Ernst and Young.

The arrangement is unlike that of most government employees who are paid redundancy, retrenchment or early retirement payouts, and then re-employed soon afterwards.

According to a Public Service Commission directive on re-engagement, public servants returning to employment for more than 20 full-time working days in the severance pay period are required to refund the Crown a portion of their payout.

Sources within the government said Mr Stewart's arrangement was considered most unusual especially given his new contract made him one of the State's most highly paid bureaucrats.

The Treasury and Trade spokeswoman would not release details of Mr Stewart's taxpayer-funded salary as head of Projects Queensland.

"Details of present salary arrangements will be provided in the Queensland Treasury and Trade Annual Report to be tabled shortly," she said.

Opposition transport spokeswoman Jackie Trad said the course of events further highlighted the flawed decision to replace Mr Stewart with Mr Caltabiano.

Mr Newman's appointment of Mr Caltabiano cost taxpayers $652,947 - after he was terminated 11 months into the role, four months of which he spent stood down on full pay relating to the employment of a departmental officer.

Mr Caltabiano has maintained he has done nothing wrong.

Ms Trad said combined with the cost of Mr Stewart's termination payout, the decision totalled almost $1 million.

"This revelation brings into question what Mr Newman really stands for," Ms Trad said.

"On the one hand, he's happy to sack over 14,000 Queenslanders and cut vital health and education services to save money but at the same time spends over $1 million because he wanted to give a political mate a plum job.

"It begs the questions, who's Mr Newman here to serve?"

fair comment that I highlighted from your post on Abbott...

and as for Newman... what an absolute joke that is... can't give the pensioners an extra buck or two... oh no... but pat your mate on the back... all gov'ts suck

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  06:24:56  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Tony forgot to mention his media team, Rupert Murdoch and News Limited in his victory speech
Funny how this article was dated in August but only found it's way onto the News site yesterday morning.

"If I've said anything wrong I can trust you blokes at News Corp to clean it up for me or leave it out"

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/dont-quote-me-says-tony-but-maaate-8230-20130816-2s1zy.html
It's funny, because it's a story. It's just a little story Mike Carlton made up to amuse his fellow Labor supporters.

There is no Western Sydney seat of Wirraway and no Liberal candidate for Wirraway. The only Wirraway I know of is the lumbering old plane built here during WWII to frighten student pilots. The only place where any of those things in that story happened is in Mike Carlton's head.

I think it was Trev who raised the point of journalists writing opinions and making stuff up rather than reporting facts was affecting proper news. This story didn't start with "Once upon a time", but maybe it should have done to let the gullible know it was fiction.

Edited by - Zac on 09 Sep 2013 06:36:39
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  06:40:55  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

It is based on the principle of equality for all - I thought that was something that all libertarians strive for

Also, you realise that low income mothers will be much better supported than under the current arrangements?

It is middle class welfare nothing more, nothing less, it was a voting buying exercise, nothing more, nothing less, it won't come in

Australians up to this point have cared about the under-dog, giving a mate a hand, but when does it become OK to shaft the lower class and prop up the middle class on good incomes so that they can own a 50sq house, 2 current model cars, a jet ski, a 50" HD TV, a $4000 pushbike so that they can have a baby - FFS, it is just supporting the generation of "we want it NOW!!!"

We had 4 kids under 4, one low income, a sofa that was an old foam mattress a portable B&W TV and ****ter for a car, a 12 square house, we couldn't afford to drive 430 k's for a picnic all in a time when interest rates were 17%

See you all in 3 years when we vote this idiot and his mate the idiot treasurer out

This Government is ****ed - that is all

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 09 Sep 2013 06:46:38
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  06:45:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like I've said before: Australia doesn't vote governments in, it votes governments out. I see nothing in our new government to get even slightly enthusiastic about, and a lot of people who voted Liberal (I didn't) must feel the same. They just couldn't stand the last Rudd/Gillard/Rudd government any longer. I'd still give it more than a day or two before figuring that "this Government is ****ed - that is all"
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  07:29:23  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Zaccy....it's time to celebrate......it's like we just got our very own George Wuyya!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/tony-abbott-likened-to-george-w-bush-as-world-considers-australias-new-pm-20130908-2tdra.html

Hope that Mrs Zaccy talks some sense into you....and quick smart!

Carlton rocks! My favourite charcter is Berryl the liberal party voter.....

Re columns....Fizty's writing some good stuff too.....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 09 Sep 2013 07:38:22
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  07:32:38  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
She's tried - but it's no good. I still can't get enthusiastic about our new government - and I still enjoy reading Mike Carlton's little stories.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 18.77 seconds.